X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
    I don't want to be a broken record, but David Quinn sucks at being a head coach. The more practice time they get, the worse they become. Absolutely no semblance of a coherent team offense. It's much worse than last season.

Also, the attendance sucks, the atmosphere is non-existent, the between period entertainment is literally the stupidest stuff I've ever seen.

Many people should begin collecting unemployment on Monday.
    Agreed on all of this and as much as I hate being wrong about Quinn, the results speak for themselves.

Not sure what's going on with student attendance. It has been nice out, the season does start earlier, and there's no "buzz" about the team like when Eichel showed up on campus, but regardless it does seem dead. The arena could also do us all a favor and lose the full body cavity searches when you walk through the door. I've had less of a hassle boarding a plane.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

I thought he has been playing pretty well. He was awesome even when they gave up six last weekend. I think the one at home against UConn that tipped off the top of glove might have been one he should have had, but I couldn't tell if he got screened or if the shot nicked the stick of the BU player higher up in the slot.
      This is no knock on Oettinger, as I think he's played pretty well thus far.

However, I do have a question about the evolution of goaltending style. I recognize that the era of the standup goalie has passed; goalies drop to their knees as soon as they sense a shot is coming. However, when your goalie is 6'5'', and three goals whiz by over his shoulder for goals as they did in the Friday night game against Minn. St, don't you have to wonder?
      if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
        This is no knock on Oettinger, as I think he's played pretty well thus far.

However, I do have a question about the evolution of goaltending style. I recognize that the era of the standup goalie has passed; goalies drop to their knees as soon as they sense a shot is coming. However, when your goalie is 6'5'', and three goals whiz by over his shoulder for goals as they did in the Friday night game against Minn. St, don't you have to wonder?
        Tough to use any examples from the MSU games as he faced about 85,000 A+ chances due to awful defensive coverage.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

A hatty for Matty Nieto. AJ Greer called up to Avs.
          https://www.nhl.com/news/dallas-star...ap/c-292252034
          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

I don't want to be a broken record, but David Quinn sucks at being a head coach. The more practice time they get, the worse they become. Absolutely no semblance of a coherent team offense. It's much worse than last season.

Also, the attendance sucks, the atmosphere is non-existent, the between period entertainment is literally the stupidest stuff I've ever seen.

Many people should begin collecting unemployment on Monday.
            The BU staff can obviously recruit. Defensemen seem to give Quinn plenty of credit for helping to develop them.
            Offense continues to be the bane of the club, especially the third and fourth lines who contributes have generally been anemic going back to Parker's last few years. Albie O'Connell was considered something of a power-play guru at his previous stops.

I would consider switching Cockerill and Crone. Cockerill can fly and gets involved. Crone hasn't clicked yet.
            Or at least put Cockerill and Cloonan on the wings between a grinding center (Curry?). They both have great speed, although Cloonan hasn't scored a goal in about two years.

The attendance has been woeful. Particularly among students. How much promotion is being done? Can't be much, or can't be very effective, given the disappointing turnouts.

And yes, the between periods "entertainment" gets lamer and lamer by the week. Does someone at Agganis have ownership is a plastic bubble-making company?
            It is embarrassing.
            Let the youth hockey kids play. Otherwise forget about putting coeds on ice who have never held a stick before playing some ridiculous game.
            And while we are at it, the Dance Competition between the second and third periods have gotten really old. There are two or three people that can actually dance. First prize is a $50 Dominoes gift certificate. Second prize should be $100.

Go BU!

Comment

BTW, is Chabot injured?
              One of the few third/fourth line forwards that does not regularly disappoint.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                BTW, is Chabot injured?
                One of the few third/fourth line forwards that does not regularly disappoint.
                I was wondering the same thing. Almost has to be the case, given how much he was changing things up after the first Minn St game. And I agree he has been playing well.

Kudos to Curry for making his way back into the lineup and getting on the scoresheet.
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

First college hockey game of the year tonight, making the road trip across the river. Good luck.

Comment

Got to see greenway standing around. He got a better view of the gwg than you did
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      Got to see greenway standing around. He got a better view of the gwg than you did
                      That seems to be becoming a trend from what I've been reading. On the other hand, I think BU was a little gassed at the end after dominating the first 17 minutes of the third period. And really if Jaillet doesn't stone them a couple of times they probably win the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                        That seems to be becoming a trend from what I've been reading. On the other hand, I think BU was a little gassed at the end after dominating the first 17 minutes of the third period. And really if Jaillet doesn't stone them a couple of times they probably win the game.
                        For a relatively young team against the best team in the country, this was an encouraging game overall. Much to work on but they went toe to toe with the best. It'll be a huge test of Quinn to see if he can get them mentally recentered to play PC tomorrow night.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                          Bernie and Mark thought that it was Denver that was gassed in the final minutes. After BU took its timeout, it was all DU. But Greenway's minimal- effort reach proved fatal.
                          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Best game I've see at Agganis in a loooong time.

Terry is filthy. He should be playing in the NHL.

Watching PC next week is gonna be painful.
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

From the tying goal, BU seemed to be "let's play for Overtime" and I cringed knowing they'd get burnt for that. After the timeout, it was all DU and yup, filthy goal.

Comment

Super hockey game by 2 elite teams. Entertaining, exciting, competitive, compelling all the way to the end.
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X