Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018 season, is this Reds last stand?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018 season, is this Reds last stand?

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    I only paid 6 dollars yesterday for the processing fee
    They charged me $10 on my Donation seating in the spring (May) and they charged me $6 for extra Football tickets (last week) and did NOT charge me for a extra seat in hockey (just this week)...go figure. That's is what confounds me all the time with the ticket office...pretty sad each and every time you have to deal with them. Free processing on hockey ticket evens it out somewhat.

Comment

I'm kind of shocked Gibson is gone. I kept waiting for him to light it up on a regular basis but it never happened. Didn't think he was the worst player on the ice though
      Gibson was certainly not the worst. However a junior going into his junior year as as borderline 4th line player is not going to make or break us. I thought maybe Hayes or Perez would be question marks as well. Defense I think is better than others have posted with 5 returnees who have seen considerable action. Goaltending remains the biggest question mark. Can McGovern and Swayman give us strong starts every night. Some strong newcomers and question marks in Spicer, Quinlivan and Hock.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        The roster is out. Gibson is the only other player gone. There are 28 skaters in total. Hopefully Red isn't going for quantity over quality.
        I like it, I see no reason to not carry a big roster. It offers more options and inner team dynamics. Certainly changes are needed!!!

Im also surprised Gibson is gone. I liked his play.
        Last edited by NorthMike; 09-08-2017, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
          ....... I thought maybe Hayes or Perez would be question marks as well........
          My feeling as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
            Gibson was certainly not the worst. However a junior going into his junior year as as borderline 4th line player is not going to make or break us. I thought maybe Hayes or Perez would be question marks as well. Defense I think is better than others have posted with 5 returnees who have seen considerable action. Goaltending remains the biggest question mark. Can McGovern and Swayman give us strong starts every night. Some strong newcomers and question marks in Spicer, Quinlivan and Hock.
            Goaltending is the key here, this area has to be strong or Maine is in for a long season, hoping that either incoming Binner/Matti-Tiuranimei can add offense to the d-man core...that also will be a concern, can this d-men group move forward and show improvement from there experience last year. Many-many question-marks going into the start of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
              My feeling as well.
              Hayes is a wasted roster spot...period.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                Goaltending is the key here, this area has to be strong or Maine is in for a long season, hoping that either incoming Binner/Matti-Tiuranimei can add offense to the d-man core...that also will be a concern, can this d-men group move forward and show improvement from there experience last year. Many-many question-marks going into the start of the season.
                I think goaltending will be better, if McGovern worked hard this summer and takes it serious this season, with that Im optimistic about Swayman.
                The real key may become if the D and the goalies can work well together.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                  My feeling as well.
                  You could add Papalardo and Becker to that as well. I really hope Papalardo can turn it around this year, but he looked as bad as any Maine player I have ever seen. To be fair to him it was a huge step up.

Can Maine get anything from Doherty, Pieper, Quinlivan, or Hock? None of them have resumes that blow you away, but I'm hoping one or two can be diamonds in the rough.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Here's my very uneducated guess as far as lines go:

Vesey Fossier Holesinsky
                    Tralmaks Pearson Shea
                    Westerlund Smith Robbins
                    Lacroix Housakos Keeper
                    Doherty Pieper Perez
                    Hock Quinlivan Pappalardo

Hamilton Michel
                    Binner Holway
                    Tiru Muehlbauer
                    Spicer Herner
                    Becker Hayes

I realize I switched Hayes and Keeper, but that is because I like a seventh dman playing and Keeper seems like a good candidate for that role.

Comment

Was in attendance for the HOF banquet tonight. Really great to see all the players from the 93 team (and some others like Levielle, Thyer, Metcalf) and a very impressive turnout overall.

Grant had a nice long acceptance speech and seemed to be in very good spirits despite dealing with cancer and being on crutches. All the players were genuinely excited to talk with him after the banquet which was cool to see.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
                        Was in attendance for the HOF banquet tonight. Really great to see all the players from the 93 team (and some others like Levielle, Thyer, Metcalf) and a very impressive turnout overall.

Grant had a nice long acceptance speech and seemed to be in very good spirits despite dealing with cancer and being on crutches. All the players were genuinely excited to talk with him after the banquet which was cool to see.
                        The good old days, what a TEAM.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post

Do you know if this year's team spent any time with the '93 team? Hopefully PK spends more time around Orono in the years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                            Do you know if this year's team spent any time with the '93 team? Hopefully PK spends more time around Orono in the years to come.
                            Not sure, the only member of the current team I noticed was Red. The whole team will be at the football game today so there is a good chance past and present will converge before the weekend is up.

Comment

Football cruised but looks like kicker missed a PAT again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Football cruised but looks like kicker missed a PAT again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                                He did and he didn't look that good on FG's....hoping he's on a learning curve....last week his kicking looked to be he was too much under the ball and this week his kicks were low. All in all his kicking will have a impact in games...especially on PAT's and close in FG's.

Comment

Working...
                                X