Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
    Read the Boston Globe article on BC athletics from March '16. Gives some pretty good insight.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...SGJ/story.html
    Thanks for this article and my suspicions why BC is struggling. Change and diversity are needed and it's obvious Leahy is part of the problem. My sister was an assistant coach for one of the womens sports and she will never shake GDF's hand for what he did to her boss.
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

The problem I have with that is it wasn't always like this for them in the ACC. When they first entered the ACC they almost beat Duke in ACC title game and went to back to back ACC title games in football. Now, some of the premier programs were down then but it's cyclical. Spend money and hire the right people, you can win at a decent level here.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        The problem I have with that is it wasn't always like this for them in the ACC. When they first entered the ACC they almost beat Duke in ACC title game and went to back to back ACC title games in football. Now, some of the premier programs were down then but it's cyclical. Spend money and hire the right people, you can win at a decent level here.
        I agree and BC can be at least competitive in the ACC but when you get lax and accept mediocrity, this is what you get. I am a proud alum and a minority and just blame Leahy's lack of interest and lack of urgency to fix problems and the Trustees for our state in athletics. That is inexcusable for having an almost all white board to make decisions that effect the athletic department negatively.

I renewed my season tickets always in hockey and have season tickets for football for a long, long time. But it is just fustrating when you have deaf ears and indifference from people in charge.

I had no problem with Skinner and I liked his efforts despite his hands being tied before he was canned by GDF. I have nothing but venom and a strong dislike for his job performance and how he handled some of his coaches. I can use more colorful words and other anecdotes but I don't want to waste my time and energy

Hockey has brought me a lot of fun and it has been a low as far as hockey this year. I will be there tonight and hope for a W.
        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
          After reading this I went to his Wikipedia page to educate myself. This paragraph made me laugh out loud:

"Spaziani was fired on November 25, 2012, following a season in which Boston College went 2–10, the worst record since 1978.[9] Despite claims by former Athletic Director Gene DeFillipo that Spaziani was the best coach in his time at BC, "Spaz" has the worst record as Boston College football coach since 1980"

BC athletics definitely deserves better.
          we should just ban any mention of GDF on the board. I want to shoot myself when i think of him and I'm enjoying life out here too much so please?

Comment

The key word in your statement is "decent" The lack of high end football and basketball talent in their natural recruiting area combined with comparatively high admissions standards cap how successful they can be. The success level they had under Skinner and O'Brien (and Jags with O'Brien's recruits) is probably the upper echelon of what they are realistically capable of.

BC is not a destination school for football or basketball coaches. They are never going to get a Nick Saban or Coach K to come and stay here 20 years. But what you might get is a great coach on the way up the ladder as a stepping stone for a few years. And there's nothing wrong with that. Take the success they can bring, and then when they leave, find the next one.
            The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
            BC - 12
            BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
              Read the Boston Globe article on BC athletics from March '16. Gives some pretty good insight.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...SGJ/story.html
              please dont!!! Ancient history, we have read it and dont need to rehash this . Geeezus

Comment

all y'all still crying wolf?
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

all of a sudden we can score?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    all y'all still crying wolf?
                    if we play youze, the line is 1 1/2-2, bu

Comment

Not dead yet. Shame they had the late struggles because this team is better than a team like providence but they are probably safely in the tourney. Obviously they just need to worry about winning friday but i am wondering if a win friday and a loss saturday could still have them in the tourney. Anyway, friday is basically an ncaa tourney game. Win or go home.

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                        all of a sudden we can score?
                        The bye week can do wonders! Looked like a functional pp. Pk though, not a fan. Give way too much time and space to pointmen. Be more aggressive and challenge the points.

Comment

Not dead yet. Shame they had the late struggles because this team is better than a team like providence but they are probably safely in the tourney. Obviously they just need to worry about winning friday but i am wondering if a win friday and a loss saturday could still have them in the tourney. Anyway, friday is basically an ncaa tourney game. Win or go home.
                          yup, pretty bad time for an 0-5-2 stretch. Ferris st tie and the home loss to Mack were PWR killers, switch both the tie and loss to wins brings us to # 11. After the ND comeback win i thought we were in............... I guess it's pick your poison Friday night. If UNH finds away we get ND, if not it's them again

Comment

They do have a chance with a win Friday and loss Saturday but that chance is far greater or possibly only if they play Notre Dame. Why? A BC win over Notre Dame flips that PWR comparison because of the extra point head to head. That puts them ahead of Air Force and tied with tOSU. tOSU is just barely ahead of Air Force in RPI and an Ohio State loss with an Air Force championship flips that PWR comparison to AFA. BC is ok trailing AFA if AFA wins AHC but they need to pass someone else. That scenario does it. GO UNH!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                              They do have a chance with a win Friday and loss Saturday but that chance is far greater or possibly only if they play Notre Dame. Why? A BC win over Notre Dame flips that PWR comparison because of the extra point head to head. That puts them ahead of Air Force and tied with tOSU. tOSU is just barely ahead of Air Force in RPI and an Ohio State loss with an Air Force championship flips that PWR comparison to AFA. BC is ok trailing AFA if AFA wins AHC but they need to pass someone else. That scenario does it. GO UNH!!!!!
                              RiverHawks gonna crush them tonight

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                                River Hawks...
                                Fyp
                                BS UMass Lowell 2015
                                PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X