X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MOVIES: New Ideas Welcome!

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    So I heard on the radio today that Eddie Murphy teeeted "coming to America sequel??"
    Please no.

Eddie is doing anything to make a buck nowadays. It's so sad.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Prince Akeem: Good morning, my neighbors!
      Voice: Hey, f-ck you!
      Prince Akeem: [genuinely happy] Yes, yes! F-ck you too!

That passage always makes homesick for NY.
      King Jaffe Joffer: Semmi, you have disgraced yourself, and you must be punished. Confine yourself to our royal suite at the Waldorf-Astoria.
      King Jaffe Joffer: And see that he puts on some decent attire.
      King Jaffe Joffer: And I want you to bathe him thoroughly.
      Semmi: Oh, thank you, Your Majesty.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        King Jaffe Joffer: Semmi, you have disgraced yourself, and you must be punished. Confine yourself to our royal suite at the Waldorf-Astoria.
        King Jaffe Joffer: And see that he puts on some decent attire.
        King Jaffe Joffer: And I want you to bathe him thoroughly.
        Semmi: Oh, thank you, Your Majesty.
        Prince Akeem: Sir, did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?
        Cleo McDowell: No, I didn't.
        Prince Akeem: Oh sir, the Giants of New York took on the Packers of Green Bay. And in the end, the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big "H". It was a most ripping victory.

What a great movie.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

"When you think of garbage think of Akeem!"

Watch that back to back with Trading Places and you will laugh so much you could cure cancer!
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The new Disney live action Beauty and the Beast seems to be getting divided reviews. A rave in The New York Post, a pan in The Wall St. Journal. I haven't read the review on Roger Ebert's website yet (yes they have been keeping it going...), though I see it got three stars.

http://www.rogerebert.com/
            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

I think it shows the lack of creativity at Disney that they are doing this stuff. I mean from all accounts it is almost the exact same movie as the cartoon...whats the point?

Plus...no Jerry Orbach!
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                I think it shows the lack of creativity at Disney that they are doing this stuff. I mean from all accounts it is almost the exact same movie as the cartoon...whats the point?

Plus...no Jerry Orbach!
                What's the point?

$$$$$$

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                  What's the point?

$$$$$$
                  I'm curious if that Pete's Dragon remake made them any money. It didn't seem to be a big hit, and while there may be other projects like these two that are filming, not producing stellar profits could (hopefully) kill other re-boot projects that are still in the script/casting phases.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Plus...no Jerry Orbach!
                    Because a lot of people went to see the live-action Jungle book, and so now we're doomed with live-action remakes for the next 10 years.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                      What's the point?

$$$$$$
                      Thanks Captain Obvious

Well my feeling is No Jerry Orbach = No money!
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

According to the writer of the film ZaK Penn) the new Matrix film will not be a reboot or remake. In fact he said it would be wrong to even think about doing it. The new movie, if it happens, will be in the current Matrix Universe. (Which Revolutions left the door open to)
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          According to the writer of the film ZaK Penn) the new Matrix film will not be a reboot or remake. In fact he said it would be wrong to even think about doing it. The new movie, if it happens, will be in the current Matrix Universe. (Which Revolutions left the door open to)
                          Nerdist had some quote from a person at WB (proposed script writer?) that they were contemplating prequel stories, along the lines of how Morpheus came to be aware of the Matrix and later made captain of his ship, The Ebekenezer (sp?).
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Hell Or High Water:

To save their family's ranch, two brothers decide to rob banks. A crusty TX Ranger pursues them.

Excellent movie. The themes, the characters, all top notch. Highly recommend.

Comment

Fwiw, The Wolfman, Frankenstein, The Mummy are on TCM starting this afternoon.
                              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                                Fwiw, The Wolfman, Frankenstein, The Mummy are on TCM starting this afternoon.
                                Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X