Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
    Give Stauber marks for creativity.
    Creativity in sport is great IF it produces the desired result. Creativity just for the sake of being creative is simply a form of art, not sport.

Comment

• Re: 2018 USA Olympic Women's Hockey Team

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
      Creativity in sport is great IF it produces the desired result. Creativity just for the sake of being creative is simply a form of art, not sport.
      I agree completely. Thought I had made that point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
        I agree completely. Thought I had made that point.
        Apparently not as succinctly nor as eloquently. Lol.

Comment

The Lam twins, did attend UMn. Bob Dylan also "attended" but did not graduate and we claim him, but then again he also won a Nobel Prize, the first ever musician to do so, so... lol

But when I talk about women's Olympic hockey games at the cbb site where some are honestly interested in it, I say it like this, current Gopher X got a goal or asst, while former Gopher Y got a goal or asst, while Z Lam, who started her career at UMn, got a goal or asst, all of which made the winning coach, a former Gopher, very happy.

Then they respond with some smart remark about everyone that plays hockey comes from Minnesota, so...

If I get the chance, I correct them and inform them that 1 or 2 might come from Boston, too. hehe

Comment

• Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
            The Lam twins, did attend UMn. Bob Dylan also "attended" but did not graduate and we claim him, but then again he also won a Nobel Prize, the first ever musician to do so, so... lol

But when I talk about women's Olympic hockey games at the cbb site where some are honestly interested in it, I say it like this, current Gopher X got a goal or asst, while former Gopher Y got a goal or asst, while Z Lam, who started her career at UMn, got a goal or asst, all of which made the winning coach, a former Gopher, very happy.

Then they respond with some smart remark about everyone that plays hockey comes from Minnesota, so...

If I get the chance, I correct them and inform them that 1 or 2 might come from Boston, too. hehe
            Sorry, as Herb Brooks insisted....who do you play for? USA...."The name on the front means more than the name on the back"

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
              Creativity just for the sake of being creative is simply a form of art, not sport.
              It isn't art, either.

Comment

[QUOTE=FredsDeadFriend;6604627]The Lam twins, did attend UMn. Bob Dylan also "attended" but did not graduate and we claim him/QUOTE]

Who is this "we" you speak of?

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                  It certainly is a fact that they are ex-Gophers. Whether or not the twins would want more of a "presence on the walls at Ridder" I'm not so sure. As for the call of the Siren only they could answer whether it was initially emanating from Grand Forks or Vancouver.

Two of the most indelible memories I have of Ridder Arena are of Natalie Darwitz circling around on the power play with the puck looking to pass to Wendell or Stephens and also of the Lams rushing up the rink with the puck into the offensive zone along with whoever their left wing might be for that game. They probably should have won a national championship if it weren't for a nasty case of food poisoning and okay maybe Meghan Agosta.
                  My indelible memory was of Lam on the high umbrella on the PP & Kessel making her look like a chump as she blew past to score shorthanded in an NCAA playoff game.

Comment

If #21 is your best player than she needs to play like it.

USA played well enough and if your going to lose a game than this is the one.

Also how did the linesman miss Canada being offside? That was pretty obvious watching it live.
                    Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 02-14-2018, 11:35 PM.
                    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Kessel has been dead weight so far. She is not playing like she used to.

Comment

USA can work with that effort. I feel better than I did going into the game.

Just gotta win the last one.
                        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyhub View Post
                          Kessel has been dead weight so far. She is not playing like she used to.
                          I don't know about dead weight but I also don't think she is quite the same player she was pre-concussion.
                          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                            USA can work with that effort. I feel better than I did going into the game.

Just gotta win the last one.
                            Gotta get over this one quick and win the next one first!
                            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                              My indelible memory was of Lam on the high umbrella on the PP & Kessel making her look like a chump as she blew past to score shorthanded in an NCAA playoff game.
                              I remember that play as well and typically J Lam getting called for a penalty on the play. Kessel provided countless indelible memories for Gopher fans. One of mine would be of her winning a battle for the puck with Poulin and then firing it into the open net for the final goal of the 2013 season. Fortunately it was not the final goal of her Gopher career.
                              "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                                If #21 is your best player than she needs to play like it.

USA played well enough and if your going to lose a game than this is the one.

Also how did the linesman miss Canada being offside? That was pretty obvious watching it live.
                                If they miss them at the NHL level, they can miss them anywhere.

Better question is why didn't the USA challenge the play.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X