Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

Originally posted by vicb View Post
    Someone from Wisconsin must have come to Potsdam and sabotaged the televising of the Banner Raising Ceremony and game that was supposed to be from 2:30PM to 5:30PM. Unfortunately they set the timer for 2:30AM to 5:30AM for the broadcast so we had a black screen to stare at until about 5 minutes after the game began following a bunch of emails and phone calls. Unfreakin believeable.
    I love it when a plan comes together. It really didn't cost me much either, a pound of Widmar's extra sharp brick cheese and a case of Door County cherry wine. I wasn't sure it was going to work, the rink dude I bribed couldn't really understand English very well. On Wisconsin!
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by shelfit View Post
      Looks like Sam Ridgewell made a strong statement today in an effort to take back the #1 goalie job after dropping to the #2 goalie for most of last season. She stopped all 42 shots she faced in a 0-0 tie against St. Lawrence today. Her teammates only had 22 shots on goal. Must have been quite a performance!
      Always a strong performance
      Be assured she has never dropped to #2 nor IMO she never will. Injuries fact.

Shelfit if we keep this up we may need to open a new thread

Comment

Gophers finally get on the board to tie it at 1-1 midway through the 3rd.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Final
          cct 6 slu 1
          Clarkson freshman Elizabeth Giguere has 3 goals and 4 assists in the sweep of SLU.
          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Gophers manage a 2-1 win over UMD on a goal by Caitlin Reilly in the 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
              Gophers manage a 2-1 win over UMD on a goal by Caitlin Reilly in the 3rd.
              The #1 star of the game was the pipe around the Gopher goal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                Yeah, UMD deserved better than zero points for the weekend.
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                  Part of the goaltender's equipment, as they say. But I agree with ARM that UMD played very well, in both games, and deserved better than no points. That's the way hockey goes sometimes.

Comment

That was the case last week against OSU too, wasn't it?

Hard to believe UMD is on an 0-6-0 run...
                    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                      Doubly hard if you saw them play the Gophers this weekend. They created a lot of great scoring opportunities, that on a different weekend would have resulted in goals.

Comment

The problem for UMD is that they are so far behind the top teams already, that their path has pretty much narrowed to having to win the WCHA tournament to make the post season. With 9 games left against Wisconsin, Minnesota, Colgate, and OSU they pretty much have to sweep those to climb back into the mix. Not a likely scenario without Rooney.
                        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                          Clarkson 3 SLU 1 after 2 periods. SLU had 1 min of 5 on 3 PP and 2 full min of 5 on 3 pp and did not score on either in the 2nd period.

Someone from Wisconsin must have come to Potsdam and sabotaged the televising of the Banner Raising Ceremony and game that was supposed to be from 2:30PM to 5:30PM. Unfortunately they set the timer for 2:30AM to 5:30AM for the broadcast so we had a black screen to stare at until about 5 minutes after the game began following a bunch of emails and phone calls. Unfreakin believeable.
                          That reminds me of the NCAA tourney game they played a couple years ago. Clarkson scored 30 seconds in, the only goal of the game, and the video feed didn't start on time. The first thing you saw was the Golden Knights players celebrating and you never did see the goal. I think the Keystone Cops must live up there by the border

(Truth be told, I did see a fan post their own video of the goal a few days later)

Comment

• Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                            That reminds me of the NCAA tourney game they played a couple years ago. Clarkson scored 30 seconds in, the only goal of the game, and the video feed didn't start on time. The first thing you saw was the Golden Knights players celebrating and you never did see the goal. I think the Keystone Cops must live up there by the border

(Truth be told, I did see a fan post their own video of the goal a few days later)
                            The CCT-QU quarterfinal was an NCAA production. The person in charge of flipping the switch was otherwise occupied at game start.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              The CCT-QU quarterfinal was an NCAA production. The person in charge of flipping the switch was otherwise occupied at game start.
                              I actually don't think the keystone cops are any more prevalent up by the border than anywhere else. I know they take over my brain on a regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                                That was the case last week against OSU too, wasn't it?

Had you seen those games you would wonder even moreso how they could be 0-6-0. It has to be hard on the psyches because they played more than well enough to deserve points & lost to UW & UM in large part because they missed many great scoring chances.

Comment

Working...
                                X