X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2nd verse same as the first 2016-2017

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
    Id almost say, if red was coaching the du players and monty was coaching maines players, reds team would limp into the ncaa's coming in at 16, and monty would have gotten maine darn close but in top twenty for sure. The importance of coaching, inspiring, teaching, gaining respect and trust in the style.
    I'm of pretty much the same mind. Maine might not be a tourney ready team, but their level of play, their compete level, and most of all, their mental toughness and preparedness would be a lot better than the current team's.

A lot of Maine fans, myself included, seem to think Maine needs to find that next young assistant looking for their first head coaching job, and after doing some reading today, I think any team that doesn't give David Carle a serious look in the next three or five years would be missing out.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      If he leaves at least he got DU another banner to raise.
      I've held DU season tickets for over forty years and the program is in great health at present. Going back to the bulk of George Gwozdecky's tenure with the program and continuing through last night, Denver has won 20 or more games for 16 consecutive seasons. Denver has appeared in the NCAA tournament 13 of the past 16 years. In that time Denver has won 3 NCAA titles. It's fair to say that Denver expects to win at least 20 games each season, make it to the NCAA tournament and on occasion be a legitimate contender to win the national title. Jim Montgomery has certainly measured up on all three fronts. I hope he stays with the DU program for an extended period of time, but I understand NHL teams are likely to come calling and I won't begrudge Montgomery if he seizes the opportunity to coach an NHL team.

Originally posted by rufus View Post
      I'm of pretty much the same mind. Maine might not be a tourney ready team, but their level of play, their compete level, and most of all, their mental toughness and preparedness would be a lot better than the current team's.

A lot of Maine fans, myself included, seem to think Maine needs to find that next young assistant looking for their first head coaching job, and after doing some reading today, I think any team that doesn't give David Carle a serious look in the next three or five years would be missing out.
      Rufus, I agree completely with your assessment of David Carle. My own opinion is that if/when Jim Montgomery moves to the NHL, David Carle should be the first person to whom Denver's head coaching position is offered. By all accounts he is a gifted recruiter and sound tactician as a coach. Carle has been part of Monty's staff for four seasons. Yes, there's plenty of talent on this year's squad, but some of that talent has blossomed because of Carle's efforts and instruction.
      sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
        Id almost say, if red was coaching the du players and monty was coaching maines players, reds team would limp into the ncaa's coming in at 16, and monty would have gotten maine darn close but in top twenty for sure. The importance of coaching, inspiring, teaching, gaining respect and trust in the style.
        This. I havent seen players improve or develop under Red. Haven't seen the improved third period that was touted with improved conditioning. Hutton and Shore somehow regressed in yr 2 under Red and are both now NHL regulars.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
        43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
        104-47-14 (.669) in that time
        3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          Rumor has it he will be coaching the Florida Panthers, but that is only a rumor. He didn't quiet NHL speculation last night, saying that it was his fourth year and he felt like he was graduating with his seniors.
          There was a statement that Florida plans on talking to Montgomery and to AHL's San Diego Gulls Dallas Eakins for there opening and Dallas Stars have a opening also as Lindy Ruff will not be coming back. So there maybe many choice's for Montgomery in the next coming week.

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
            It's fair to say that Denver expects to win at least 20 games each season, make it to the NCAA tournament and on occasion be a legitimate contender to win the national title..

Maine fans expected that also for 20 years or so, now we expect to get crushed by fellow bottom feeders
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Maine fans expected that also for 20 years or so, now we expect to get crushed by fellow bottom feeders
              I don't know if we expect it, but it certainly happens a lot more than it should.

Comment

• Coach leach not returning next season
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Coach leach not returning next season
                  From twitter:
                  Jeff Cox‏ @JeffCoxSports
                  Look for volunteer goaltending coach and former Black Bear star Alfie Michaud to replace Jay Leach as full-time assistant at Maine.

Comment

CHN article: Monty and the Gray Ghost

Get well soon Grant.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                      From twitter:
                      Jeff Cox‏ @JeffCoxSports
                      Look for volunteer goaltending coach and former Black Bear star Alfie Michaud to replace Jay Leach as full-time assistant at Maine.
                      Yeah, let's promote a guy who hasn't shown he can do his job yet. Typical Maine hockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        Yeah, let's promote a guy who hasn't shown he can do his job yet. Typical Maine hockey.
                        I'd be curious what you thought he did wrong last year. Not to mention he was working for free.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          Right on...bring in some FRESH NEW EYE's/ Attitude/ Ideas that have no ties to the Maine Program...time for change.

Comment

Another NHL opening: Vancouver

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              I'd be curious what you thought he did wrong last year. Not to mention he was working for free.
                              Were you happy with the goaltending this past season?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                Were you happy with the goaltending this past season?
                                Hard to complain very much about a .910 save percentage after what we have seen in recent times. He was inconsistent though. I think the hope is that Swayman is the goalie Maine has been missing all these years.
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X