This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    I measure time on Saturday afternoon based on where AMC is in Godfather I/II. For example, I left to get my hair cut when Clemenza and Paulie were going to get mattresses (which did not go well for Paulie) and got back when Vito asked Tom to tell his Don what everyone seems to know.
    It was Goodfellas on Friday. We caught the last hour twice.

Comment

• Re: TV: The Golden Era Reborn

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      The quote of a true sell-out.

And the Family Meeting scene isn't even the funniest. The Liquor Store Scene....good God Almighty (quite literally!)
      "I don't see Nazis as devil worshipers."
      "Oh, you don't?"
      "More like a gathering of people..."

Personal favorite is the "posers" scene:
      "Those ****ing English chaps could only say **** about us Americans. All we were to them was a bunch of hicks! You know what? I"M NOT A ****ING HICK! I don't wear cowboy boots, I hate the ****ing rodeo, horses smell like **** to me, and I never ****ed anybody in my own bloodline! By definition I'm not a redneck and God ****** I'm not a hick!
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
        It was Goodfellas on Friday. We caught the last hour twice.
        Bourdain Tweeted about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          "I don't see Nazis as devil worshipers."
          "Oh, you don't?"
          "More like a gathering of people..."

Personal favorite is the "posers" scene:
          "Those ****ing English chaps could only say **** about us Americans. All we were to them was a bunch of hicks! You know what? I"M NOT A ****ING HICK! I don't wear cowboy boots, I hate the ****ing rodeo, horses smell like **** to me, and I never ****ed anybody in my own bloodline! By definition I'm not a redneck and God ****** I'm not a hick!
          This showerhead has seven settings! Seven! All of which I will show you now!
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Bourdain Tweeted about it.

It's awesome, though I prefer Godfather I and II (slightly). All 3 are in my top 10 movies. (Along with Out Cold, Tombstone, Bull Durham, Ghostbusters, Pacific Rim, Despicable Me, and Miracle.) Note, not movies I think are the best movies, but my personal top 10 enjoyable movies to watch when I want to just relax and enjoy something familiar.

Comment

It's awesome, though I prefer Godfather I and II (slightly). All 3 are in my top 10 movies. (Along with Out Cold, Tombstone, Bull Durham, Ghostbusters, Pacific Rim, Despicable Me, and Miracle.) Note, not movies I think are the best movies, but my personal top 10 enjoyable movies to watch when I want to just relax and enjoy something familiar.
              I walked out of Pacific Rim. Sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                I walked out of Pacific Rim. Sorry.
                It's not for everyone. I have a lady hard-on for del Toro's style.

Comment

Out Cold! Love that movie in spite of the horribly inaccurate Alaska. "Ever since they took my bar away I've been doin' a lot of thinkin'. A lot of drinkin' and a lot of thinkin'..."
                  I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Movies I cannot turn off: Godfather, Miracle, Goodfellas, Amadeus, Kill The Irishman, Road House, and Major League.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      Out Cold! Love that movie in spite of the horribly inaccurate Alaska. "Ever since they took my bar away I've been doin' a lot of thinkin'. A lot of drinkin' and a lot of thinkin'..."
                      I don't know why, but that and Eurotrip have special places in my heart. (Never been to Alaska)

Comment

I don't know why, but that and Eurotrip have special places in my heart. (Never been to Alaska)
                        Eurotrip is better than it should be, but Road Trip was better.

Comment

Because they're funny?
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Eurotrip is better than it should be, but Road Trip was better.
                            EuroTrip has Scotty Doesn't Know therefore EuroTrip > Road Trip.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              EuroTrip has Scotty Doesn't Know therefore EuroTrip > Road Trip.
                              Road Trip has one of the best true life quotes ever, and I do mean ever, so Road Trip wins:

It's supposed to be a challenge, that's why they call it a shortcut. If it was easy it would just be the way.

Comment

Road Trip has one of the best true life quotes ever, and I do mean ever, so Road Trip wins:

It's supposed to be a challenge, that's why they call it a shortcut. If it was easy it would just be the way.
                                I do like Road Trip but EuroTrip just has that something.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X