Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: D3 NCAA Tournament

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
    Sounds good. It would / will be great to see better competition in the CHA. Looks like the conference is headed that direction.
    Plus it will be the CHA at 7 teams, which should be enough to get an autobid or is six all that is needed? I think RIT didn't want to do it during the season to avoid it affecting the team in the way it did with the men back in 2004-2005. They said on the men's radio broadcast yesterday that they had to apply by May or June (they weren't exactly sure) to be eligible for next season and play 20 D1 games, which they have probably already scheduled.
    RIT Tigers
    Boston Bruins

Comment

• Originally posted by spike View Post
      Just poking a little fun, DD. I'd much rather be talking about Midd's chances of winning tonight, but...

Although, 10 Canucks attending a US military college on one roster.....
      Is that a bad thing...!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WestsideTigersFan View Post
        very comfortable with my source. And as Lerchie put it in his tweet last night...its the worst kept secret in DIII women's hockey that the program is playing its last game as a DIII program today.

RIT women's hockey has been accepted into CHA and will be playing a DI schedule next season. That's the word from more than a few people who would know, none of whom are going on the record until the school makes its formal press release, but it's not exactly a state secret.
        Yes, I (everybody) knows all of that. But my answer is still 100% correct (at least today). There are reasons it isn't official and I'm sure I don't know most of them, but as you said all indicators are that it will be soon.
        -M

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeBruin View Post
          Plus it will be the CHA at 7 teams,
          So who are the other two? 4 current + RIT + 2 others??

Sorry if I am missing something obvious.
          -M

Comment

Originally posted by spike View Post
            Although, 10 Canucks attending a US military college on one roster.....
            Just remember that the Canucks and their military have been the US's strongest Ally over the years. Canucks fought besides AND with the Yanks in WW1, WW2, Korea and in the various UN missions over the last 20 years. Vietnam is he only major US war involvement over the last 100 years where the Canukcs did not support the Yanks with manpower.

Comment

Originally posted by RITProf View Post

Penn and Lindenwood, IIRC already formerly announced as joining the CHA, but others closer to the CHA may be able to elaborate on it.

Comment

Yes, I (everybody) knows all of that. But my answer is still 100% correct (at least today). There are reasons it isn't official and I'm sure I don't know most of them, but as you said all indicators are that it will be soon.
                In all honesty...who cares. I say good riddance and dont let the door hit you on the way out....

Comment

Lindenwood and Penn St. I believe.
                  Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                    Lindenwood and Penn St. I believe.
                    Yes, thanks. I found a press release from Lindenwood that confirms both. Much more excited about the CHA with 7 than with 5. Also looks like a nice compact league with one outlier ... we're used to that. It will be interesting to see how the transition goes.
                    -M

Comment

Not 100% certain that the sun will come up tomorrow, but all indicators are that it will.
                      Skate every shift like its your last

Comment

Also likely addition (assording to a CHA source) to the CHA will be The Ohio State Univ. I'd guess Holy Cross and Sacred Heart will eventually move there also.

Comment

Originally posted by WestsideTigersFan View Post
                          Not 100% certain that the sun will come up tomorrow, but all indicators are that it will.
                          Are you sure that doesn't depend on the results of tonight's RIT games??
                          -M

Comment

Also looks like a nice compact league with one outlier ... we're used to that.
                            waddyumean by one outlier?. Caliber or Location ?

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar View Post
                              Also likely addition (assording to a CHA source) to the CHA will be The Ohio State Univ. I'd guess Holy Cross and Sacred Heart will eventually move there also.
                              I think that is a bit premature out loud thinking. For example, it is my understanding that Sacred Heart recently reduced the amount of Hockey funding/support, so to suggest they will go full fledge D1 into a midwest based league from their east coast based location, sounds like a stretch to me.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                                waddyumean by one outlier?. Caliber or Location ?
                                Location. (In the AHA men it's Air Force, in the future CHA women it looks like Lindenwood.)
                                No comment whatsoever on caliber. I would expect it to become a more competitive and better league over the years, but I have no context in which to judge.
                                -M

Comment

Working...
                                X