This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    The protest is about police brutality. it's not protesting Dump. Dump is just a distraction.

The people the protesters are trying to reach are not you and me. It's too late for us, we'll never change our views. This is to move the conscience of younger Americans who are still forming their opinions. Our concerns and suggestions are, frankly, irrelevant. We've had our time.
    It was with CK. I'm not convinced it is now.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: NFL 2017: With Dollar Signs in Goodell's Eyes

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      Pretty sure these protests predate Trump as POTUS. Where was the fauxrage when Obama was still in office?
      They did.

And IIRC, the NBA has a rule where the players/etc have to stand for the anthem. Where's the outrage about them being forced to stand?
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Just saw 4 straight identical Corona Light commercials on NFL network. Hurting for ads???
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

3 of the 5 TDs scored by Stanford alums.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Remember Kap is better than Wentz

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
              3 of the 5 TDs scored by Stanford alums.
              Alums as in actually received their degrees?
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Will Sniffles boycott himself?

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                  How bout them Eagles eh
                  Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    He is. Wentz literally plays in one of the easiest most conservative QB schemes and still sucks at not throwing interceptable passes.

Wentz still threw 31 interceptable passes last year. 5.11 percent of his attempts were interceptable. 25 quarterbacks in the league were better at taking care of the ball. Not one of the seven who ranked below him threw the ball short as often as him. Four had an Average Depth of Target in the top six in the league, all seven ranked in the top 20 whereas Wentz ranked 27th. None of the quarterbacks who ranked below Wentz in interceptable passes played in an offense that prioritized taking care of the ball.
                    Last edited by trixR4kids; 10-13-2017, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      They did.

And IIRC, the NBA has a rule where the players/etc have to stand for the anthem. Where's the outrage about them being forced to stand?
                      Does anyone here regularly watch the NBA?

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                        Does anyone here regularly watch the NBA?
                        Probably not here. But in general, quite a few do watch. All I hear is crickets from that crowd.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          Probably not here. But in general, quite a few do watch. All I hear is crickets from that crowd.
                          What crowd?

The focus has mostly been on the NFL because Trump started poutraging and calling out those players specifically.

Comment

What crowd?

The focus has mostly been on the NFL because Trump started poutraging and calling out those players specifically.
                            General social media. Many have been very vocally against forcing the players to stand for the anthem. Well, why aren't they yelling about the NBA, also?

FTR, I think you *should* stand for the anthem, but I am against *forcing* you to. I will support your right to *not* stand for the anthem.

Comment

Has the NBA season even started yet? Lol.

BUT WHAT ABOUT THIS ISSUE OVER HERE THAT'S SIMILAR THAT NOBODY KNOWS ABOUT!?!?!?!?!

Comment

Has the NBA season even started yet? Lol.

BUT WHAT ABOUT THIS ISSUE OVER HERE THAT'S SIMILAR THAT NOBODY KNOWS ABOUT!?!?!?!?!
                                I have no idea, actually. That's not the point, though.

They have the rule. The rule is the issue right now (although it really shouldn't be, etc etc it's about the real reason for the kneeling, I know; the general public isn't thinking that way right now, though).

Comment

Working...
                                X