Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

That OT goal is why I'm glad I don't have to make goalie interference decisions. That kind of goal is also why a big theme in the NHL last year was mass confusion around goalie interference. Frey did actively stick his blocker arm out, Ustaski's butt hit Frey's head, Ustaski didn't assertively initiate contact, but he also didn't do much to avoid Frey (it doesn't look like he was pushed despite slight contact with the OSU d-man), it was out of the crease so Frey's privileges are different, goalies aren't fair game outside of the crease anyway....yeah, that's tough to judge, especially since I don't know the exact written rule.

Regardless, that was a tight (and weirdly low-scoring) series, and the Badgers come away with a statement sweep!

Comment

Originally posted by BuB View Post
      How much of a delay is there between the two broadcasts?
      It's significant; at least 10 seconds faster on the radio.

Here's what I do: I have a Bose Home Theatre that can stream and I have DirecTV. I'm sure most of you have some kind of device that streams. First I stream WIBA and it sounds great on the theatre; the stream is always behind everything on video. I have an HD-DVR with DirecTV. Now since the video is ahead of the streaming audio, I simply pause the DirecTV video until it matches up with Posick....BOOYAH! Occasionally you have to make a slight adjustment. It sounds difficult, but it is not at all.
      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by BuB View Post
        19th in the PWR. Movin' on up!
        Make it 18! CC managed to beat NoDak tonight and give us a nice little RPI bump.

Comment

Great win for Wisconsin tonight. Great effort, and to see the increase in confidence is amazing!

Also...saw Barry address the team a bit after the game...nice job Barry! I'll have to change my sig tomorrow, too many thinners in to think about how to edit/revise/create a new sig line
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
            49th in defense is atrocious.
            That number has to improve somewhat after giving up only three goals in two games this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
              Make it 18! CC managed to beat NoDak tonight and give us a nice little RPI bump.
              Yep, looks like the most optimistic of pre-season predictions - us being a bubble team- are coming to fruition. So root for Northern Michigan - we picked the wrong year to play them 4 times, though they've been picking it up recently. Every little bit helps. Tough to predict with all of the ins and outs; but, of the 4 Hockey East teams ahead of us, we need 1 (or 2) to go on a winning run and the other 2 to tank - probably best if BC gets hot since we played them, and Vermont tanks since we're losing all comps to them.

Comment

That number has to improve somewhat after giving up only three goals in two games this weekend.
                Through 8 games the badgers have given up the least amount of goals in big ten play. One less than Penn St. Tied for most goals scored.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                  It's significant; at least 10 seconds faster on the radio.

Here's what I do: I have a Bose Home Theatre that can stream and I have DirecTV. I'm sure most of you have some kind of device that streams. First I stream WIBA and it sounds great on the theatre; the stream is always behind everything on video. I have an HD-DVR with DirecTV. Now since the video is ahead of the streaming audio, I simply pause the DirecTV video until it matches up with Posick....BOOYAH! Occasionally you have to make a slight adjustment. It sounds difficult, but it is not at all.
                  I watch on tablet, streaming BTN2Go, and then use iheart radio. Then, like you I pause the TV broadcast which is delayed more, until they line up. It works sweet. Brian Posick is the best.
                  gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Tied for 43rd, so moved up 6 spots.
                    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                      I watch on tablet, streaming BTN2Go, and then use iheart radio. Then, like you I pause the TV broadcast which is delayed more, until they line up. It works sweet. Brian Posick is the best.
                      I do the same thing down here as well. Best way to listen to the games.
                      Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Polls are out.

UW is #18.

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-mens-poll/
                        Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaBadger1995 View Post
                          Through 8 games the badgers have given up the least amount of goals in big ten play. One less than Penn St. Tied for most goals scored.
                          The trend is fantastic. Both goalies are on top of their game right now. It was awesome to bee Matt get the win after those kinda flukey goals. Now they need to take care of business with MSU.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBWwbzS-l0M

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              The trend is fantastic. Both goalies are on top of their game right now. It was awesome to bee Matt get the win after those kinda flukey goals. Now they need to take care of business with MSU.
                              Good call. I preferred Berry from the start, but the new staff has proven that's why I'm not a coach. The 'tenders are pushing each other and that makes them better! The D didn't even look too bad, but they seemed to run out of gas in the 3rd of game #2. Overall, this is looking so good. I was hoping this would happen this year, but who really knew?

I'm seeing posters on other boards who aren't really hockey fans wondering how they became so good all of a sudden, so the "not so much hockey fans" are talking!

Bandwagoners welcome, but you gotta sit in the back, *****es!
                              Last edited by MadCityRich; 01-30-2017, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Really think that this weekend will say a lot about this team's growth. We are playing an inferior team and should get some results - but on the road things will be more difficult. Can they keep the same focus and not get complacent? These guys haven't been in this situation before - and least not the last few years.

Regardless - what a situation this team finds itself in at this point. Very exciting! When the Non-Hockey Badger Fans at work start talking UW Hockey, I know things are turning around.

Comment

Working...
                                X