X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
    And yet we didn't see an Obama / Clinton back to back duo.
    Because no one has ever gone broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public. High charisma trumps all (pun intended).

Comment

Thoughts on Deval Patrick?
      He missed his chance. I don't think he would be a bad president, but I'm not really sure who his core supporters would be other than some of the identity crowd.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        I'd have been curious about what joe thought of Obama's chances in 2007. I assume he'd have said "a black guy with a Mooslim name? Pull the other one."

joe believes the Democratic nominee should be someone he can vote for, which is like me saying the Republican nominee should be somebody I can vote for. He is confusing electability in the country with electability in his house.
        He isnt wrong about the idea of a Coastal type having issues in the midwest. The Dems are losing support in flyover country and they need to find a way to shift the momentum. If they pick someone on the coasts they will have problems...
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

You can't choose the voters, but you can choose the candidate.
          yah.... if the people you are going to be leading don't want you, then your candidacy blows
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Subscribed for FrankenStein 2020
            Are you saying you want Stein for VP cause if so...I might have to curb stomp you.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Are you saying you want Stein for VP cause if so...I might have to curb stomp you.
              Not Jill Stein. Ben Stein.
              North Dakota
              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Scooby give it a rest already. Hillary didn't lose because she's a woman and need I remind you she received more votes than Trump? She lost because she was extremely disliked by even many in the Dem base, too many Dem voters stayed home and she ran a horses**t campaign. That's it. American isn't having an existential crisis when it comes to putting women into positions of power. The results may not yet be equitable but it's far from the dark ages. Calm down.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  Scooby give it a rest already. Hillary didn't lose because she's a woman and need I remind you she received more votes than Trump? She lost because she was extremely disliked by even many in the Dem base, too many Dem voters stayed home and she ran a horses**t campaign. That's it. American isn't having an existential crisis when it comes to putting women into positions of power. The results may not yet be equitable but it's far from the dark ages. Calm down.
                  Pakistan. No, I will not stop.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Someone from the coasts is fine if they show any interest in caring about workers' rights, increasing pay where possible, pushing single payer (even if that's not what ultimately gets implemented that should be the starting point of any negotiation), and doing something/anything that appeals to the younger voters (student loan debt forgiveness perhaps). That and it would help if they had a good track record and haven't flip flopped on every issue imaginable.
                    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    It's Scooby you're talking to... good luck . I've gotta say though, it's amazing how few people have learned anything from that election including Hillary herself.
                    Last edited by trixR4kids; 09-08-2017, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Hmm... not sure I follow your logic. If the Dems nominated the right candidate there would be a democrat in the White House. Or do you think that no democrat could have won?
                      No Democrat could have won. The Dem base got lazy. Not even sure they'd come out for an Obama 3rd term as even he was designated a corporate sell out. A lot of people want to trot out Joe Biden, a man who probably has more corporate connections than Hillary, has been in DC since 1974, and has had his own share of health related issues + was 4 years older than Trump/Hillary. That wasn't going to happen although he may have pulled off PA.

Voters for whatever reason tend to get tired after their party is in office for 2 terms to their own detriment, but the combination of apathy for all quarters of the Dem base (minorities, uber libs/Sanders voters, working class poor whites, etc) wasn't going to be solved by anybody last year.
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

No Democrat could have won.
                        it's amazing how few people have learned anything from that election
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                          I've gotta say though, it's amazing how few people have learned anything from that election including Hillary herself.
                          That's pretty arrogant. You think she didn't learn anything? I think she learned a lot. I know I did.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            That's pretty arrogant. You think she didn't learn anything? I think she learned a lot. I know I did.
                            Well the book tour seems to indicate otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              No Democrat could have won. The Dem base got lazy.
                              And the Pats lost last night because their fan base got lazy.

Hillary lost. It wasn't the voters, it wasn't a propeller, and it wasn't Jack the Ripper. She sucked and people said ew and she lost. She had one job as a politician and she blew it.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                Pakistan. No, I will not stop.
                                Point not made and I am sure you won't no matter how wrong you are.

Comment

Working...
                                X