X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Cooks: Maybe We Can Beat Bobby Flay

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    Thanks. My GM in law called these 7 layer cookies and Mr les loves them!
    huh, didn't realize that until just now, but yep - they're 7 layer bars. Thinking of ways to make them more "holiday". Maybe some spices, cranberries or sprinkles/glitter.
    Last edited by jen; 11-11-2015, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
      huh, didn't realize that until just now, but yep - they're 7 layer bars. Thinking of ways to make them more "holiday". Maybe some spices, cranberries or sprinkles/glitter.
      Mix the little colored dots into the mix

Comment

Meal's been set:

-Turkey
        -Alton Brown's Chipotle Sweet Potatoes
        -Stuffing
        -Butternut squash with cranberries
        -Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
        -Dessert

I plan on eating turkey for the few weeks after Thanksgiving. Soup, sandwiches... leftovers...
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

My mom dropped off some caramel apple cookies yesterday. Sweet god almighty. These things are dangerously good.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I made a new chili recipe Friday using my crock pot. After a couple days of having time for the flavors to blend, it tastes really good, but I'd like for it to be thicker. The recipe called for a 28oz can of diced tomatoes and 15oz can of tomato sauce. Perhaps a smaller can of tomato sauce would get the consistency I want, or foregoing the sauce altogether.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

This was surprisingly good and very easy - Slow Cooker Potato and Bacon Chowder. I used regular half and half, regular bacon, threw some mushrooms in, and added cooked chicken after it was done.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                I made a new chili recipe Friday using my crock pot. After a couple days of having time for the flavors to blend, it tastes really good, but I'd like for it to be thicker. The recipe called for a 28oz can of diced tomatoes and 15oz can of tomato sauce. Perhaps a smaller can of tomato sauce would get the consistency I want, or foregoing the sauce altogether.
                How about draining the juice out of the diced tomatoes.
                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Agree with the above - fully drain the tomatoes (you can always add a bit of water if the chili gets too thick). Also try adding a heaping tablespoon or two of tomato paste.

Other option is to do it on the stove and simmer it with the lid off so it reduces, but that does take the convenience of the crockpot out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                    How about draining the juice out of the diced tomatoes.
                    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Agree with the above - fully drain the tomatoes (you can always add a bit of water if the chili gets too thick). Also try adding a heaping tablespoon or two of tomato paste.

Other option is to do it on the stove and simmer it with the lid off so it reduces, but that does take the convenience of the crockpot out of it.
                    Yeah, that all seems like a better route than foregoing the sauce.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Yeah, that all seems like a better route than foregoing the sauce.
                      Ultimate fallback for thickening is corn starch. Mix a little with cold water then add it to the hot chili (or whatever) and stir in. Does wonders to thicken sauces without changing taste or making lumps (so long as it's mixed well).

Comment

• Originally posted by jen View Post
                        This was surprisingly good and very easy - Slow Cooker Potato and Bacon Chowder. I used regular half and half, regular bacon, threw some mushrooms in, and added cooked chicken after it was done.
                        What is fat free half n half anyway? Isn't one of the halfs cream = fat?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                          Skim milk with a bunch of corn syrup and thickeners added, basically.
                          Originally posted by dicaslover
                          Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                          Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                            Half and half is whole milk and heavy cream.
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                              Half and half is whole milk and heavy cream.
                              He's asking about the fat free version, since it pretty violates the very notion of what true Half and Half actually is.

Comment

He's asking about the fat free version, since it pretty violates the very notion of what true Half and Half actually is.
                                Same way I feel about fat free whipped cream.

Comment

Working...
                                X