X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 14: You People Make Me Sick

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    I felt like I was in worlds most beautiful old folks home in Vienna. Everything looked so pristine and beautiful and nearly everyone seemed old.
    From everything I've read about 19th century Vienna it was like that then, too. They've been coasting since about 1660. It feels like you're seeing a lithographed stamp of a place, not the real place.

Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
      I had no issue with Parisians, and is the NE really worse than Chicago? Chicago is at the top of my rudest people in the US list, well beyond NY City and Philly, but haven't been to the rest of the NE.
      Wait, Loop Chicagoans and immediate neighborhoods are different from the outlying neighborhood Chicagoans. And both are different from the wannabe Chicagoans who are living in the Suburbs. The suburban ones are most likely to be a**holeish. Followed by Loop Chicagoans sick of the Suburbanites wandering into their path downtown. Then the outlying neighborhoods are fairly easy going.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        Wait, Loop Chicagoans and immediate neighborhoods are different from the outlying neighborhood Chicagoans. And both are different from the wannabe Chicagoans who are living in the Suburbs. The suburban ones are most likely to be a**holeish. Followed by Loop Chicagoans sick of the Suburbanites wandering into their path downtown. Then the outlying neighborhoods are fairly easy going.
        From my recent experience the people in the Andersonville area are very pleasant.

Comment

I guess my comparison would include the people a tourist is likely to run into, and in that category Chicago was full of a**holes

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            The French get a bad rap. Parisians are as-holes. Everybody else in France is super nice (and is attracted by your se-xytime American moneys).
            When I was there their economy was bad and even Parisians wanted American dollars and were disinterested (which is a step above their normal "you're beneath my contempt" demeanor I'd been warned about).
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

And both are different from the wannabe Chicagoans who are living in the Suburbs. The suburban ones are most likely to be a**holeish.
              Naperville. If Five Towns ever needs a sixth town...
              Last edited by Kepler; 11-14-2017, 01:46 PM.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                The French get a bad rap. Parisians are as-holes. Everybody else in France is super nice (and is attracted by your se-xytime American moneys).

Paris : France :: the northeast : the US

My rank ordering of the friendliness of Europeans based on my limited travel:

1. Italians (including Rome)

big gap

2. French (non-Parisians)
                3. Irish girls
                4. English (except London)

big gap

5. Londoners
                6. American tourists
                7. Germans
                8. Irish men
                9. Parisians
                10. Chinese tourists
                11. Austrians
                99. Russian tourists
                You have Germans far too low. I can only think of maybe one or two places in the world where I've been treated better.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Naperville. If Five Towns ever needs a sixth town...
                  Hey now, that's my (transplanted to) neighborhood (-ish).
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Not sure which Americans Kep runs into overseas, but I'd put Italian and German tourists at the top of my list for worst followed by SE Asians and Middle Easterners not from Kuwait, Thailand and Japan. South Koreans are pleasant but super ice cold. Brits in England are wonderful, but those living and working in Bahrain for whatever reason were surly as hell.

Comment

If we're talking the US - put San Jose near the top of the list.

You've heard of the SoCal "Valley Girl" stereotype? Well, in NorCal there is a "Valley Bro" stereotype, and it fits far too many dudes there like a glove. So many passive-aggressive *********s, with their Beemers and Audis, who act like they're the Next Big Thing in tech.
                      Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 11-15-2017, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        Not sure which Americans Kep runs into overseas, but I'd put Italian and German tourists at the top of my list for worst followed by SE Asians and Middle Easterners not from Kuwait, Thailand and Japan. South Koreans are pleasant but super ice cold. Brits in England are wonderful, but those living and working in Bahrain for whatever reason were surly as hell.
                        can't get any of the sk to golf with mookie. tried both days this past weekend and they had excuse after excuse as to why they needed mookie to go off on his own in front of them. have grouped up with Lebanese, Kuwaitis, and a jap couple who asked that we play again real soon

there are nk here for construction that mookie waves to and they seem pleasant enough. wonder if they would golf with mookie is given the option?
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          If we're talking the US - put San Jose near the top of the list.

You've heard of the SoCal "Valley Girl" stereotype? Well, in NorCal there is a "Valley Bro" stereotype, and it fits far too many dudes there like a glove. So many passive-aggressive *********s, with their Beemers and Audis, who act like they're the Next Big Thing in tech.
                          ok, fine. for sure, for sure.
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

All this cave recognition and classification. We get out more, but we're still relying on the same evolutionary skills.

We in the burd cave don't go very far, but the hair on our necks stands up when we cross the Red from the West or the St. Croix from the east. Stop only for gas or to pee and don't look em in the eye.
                            Last edited by burd; 11-15-2017, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              can't get any of the sk to golf with mookie. tried both days this past weekend and they had excuse after excuse as to why they needed mookie to go off on his own in front of them. have grouped up with Lebanese, Kuwaitis, and a jap couple who asked that we play again real soon

there are nk here for construction that mookie waves to and they seem pleasant enough. wonder if they would golf with mookie is given the option?
                              I am so hoping "golf" isn't a euphemism.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Mookie

Same thing happens over here. The orientals want to play with orientals. Everyone else mixes in.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X