Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC Hockey '13-'14: The Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property National Champs

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BC Hockey '13-'14: The Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property National Cham

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    why the hell is the florida state police advertising on bc ticket website looking for trooper applicants!?!??! mookie can't make this stuff up
    Why the hell is mookie at the BC ticket website when they're giving tickets away for free at the BU ticket website?

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
    Did any of you fellow season ticket holders get "additional complementary tickets"? I accepted and printed out my two freebies last week and got yet another email today letting me know that I have two more if I want them. Attendance is an issue.
    Last edited by FiveHole12; 01-06-2014, 08:07 PM.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
      Why the hell is mookie at the BC ticket website when they're giving tickets away for free at the BU ticket website?
      bc v pitt game in february. geez!!!
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Re: BC Hockey '13-'14: The Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property National Cham

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
        Was just looking at the box score from Saturday night. The 2 referees were Ryan Hersey and Geoffrey Miller. Not regular Hockey East refs, or are they newbies? Here's the list of HE officials from Hockey East Online... they're not on it.
        Hockey East Officials
        Hersey has worked a PC game this year IIRC.

Miller is a local guy who is VERY young! Here is the article on Miller from 2009 http://www.seacoastonline.com/articl...NEWS-912270330

Both Hersey and Miller are listed on the AHL site as referees which also includes a TON of the HE linesmen. http://theahl.com/on-ice-officials-p138232
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

looks like the PWR is up and running now on USCHO. a tweak or two to the system from last year (just don't ask me what they are). anyway, currently #2 in the rankings if anyone really cares.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            looks like the PWR is up and running now on USCHO. a tweak or two to the system from last year (just don't ask me what they are). anyway, currently #2 in the rankings if anyone really cares.
            we say we dont but we do maybe a little early and a ways to go but i think it's ok to start looking at that. Even with the HC loss we are that high? I am not in tune with the changes but i guess because we've played a bunch of good teams it's not too surprising, SOS is #7
            Last edited by sterlippo1; 01-08-2014, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, think the crazier thing is that as of now there are 5! HE teams in the field with ND knocking on the door. Speaks to how the conf took care of business in the OOC.

Big game this Friday night. With PC dropping to NU last a nice opportunity for a little breathing room in conference.

Any thoughts on goalies for this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                we say we dont but we do maybe a little early and a ways to go but i think it's ok to start looking at that. Even with the HC loss we are that high? I am not in tune with the changes but i guess because we've played a bunch of good teams it's not too surprising, SOS is #7
                Care about PWR. Don't care about polls.

Thrilled with #2 at this point. And it sure feels like we have left a lot on the table.
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

As for goalies -- certainly split, but I think as of now Billett has earned the opportunity to play in the bigger game (PC).

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                    Care about PWR. Don't care about polls.

Thrilled with #2 at this point. And it sure feels like we have left a lot on the table.
                    College Hockey News has BC as #4. Both claim to use the new criteria. Somebody is doing it wrong.

Comment

• Re: BC Hockey '13-'14: The Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property National Cham

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                      College Hockey News has BC as #4. Both claim to use the new criteria. Somebody is doing it wrong.
                      Somethings (such as how home/away weighting applies to ties) were not clearly defined and could be interpreted multiple ways, that could be the issue. Or there could be a bad formula somewhere. I'm not quite dead enough at work to back into both sites numbers.

Comment

• Re: BC Hockey '13-'14: The Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property National Cham

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                        Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                        Somethings (such as how home/away weighting applies to ties) were not clearly defined and could be interpreted multiple ways, that could be the issue. Or there could be a bad formula somewhere. I'm not quite dead enough at work to back into both sites numbers.
                        I can see why you BU fans would want to contradict me, seeing as how CHN gives the Terriers a big time boost up to an impressive 36th rather than the correct 38th.

Seriously though, CHN is doing it wrong. As I understand it they are using last year's RPI criteria and removing TUC. USCHO, Sioux Sports, and the other guys in the Pairwise thread (major *dap* to those guys who did a hell of a job putting together PWR calculations on their websites while everything sorted out) all have the same numbers using the new criteria.

Comment

Both round to 40......
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Couple of things regarding Saturday:

Believe my tickets say general admission, anyone else? So I assume it'll be a free for all for seats?

Any suggestions on a bar that's walkable for beforehand?

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                              Couple of things regarding Saturday:

Believe my tickets say general admission, anyone else? So I assume it'll be a free for all for seats?

Any suggestions on a bar that's walkable for beforehand?
                              my understanding is that some are GA but other seats are not. i got my tickets thru brown and they have section/row/seat assigned.

Comment

claver, don't know anything about these places, but here are the closest ones that appear to be within walking distance:

spats restaurant and pub
                                english cellar alehouse

Comment

Working...
                                X