2017 NCAA tournament selection thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 NCAA tournament selection thread

One has to wonder, what would Norwich's record be if they played another 4 quality D3 teams, and didn't beat up on D2 squads.

#NotMyRegionalRankings

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
      It's like "keeping up" Kellyanne Conway...

To state it simply, for your ease of comprehension, what I was asking is this: to whom were you comparing Plymouth in your post?
      2016-2017 Endicott 20-3-2
      2015-2016 Plym St. 20-4-1

2016-2017 Endicott KRACH SoS 51
      2015-2016 Plym St. KRACH SoS 47

2016-2017 Endicott getting a bid would be "Deserving" and okay in Fish's mind
      2015-2016 Plym St. getting a bid would have been a travesty and undeserving in Fish's mind

So 1 more loss (yet 1 more tie) in the same undeserving conference(s) makes it okay for Endicott to get a bid, but not Plymouth State last year because KRACH says so. Even tho they play in basically the same type of conference, were only currently (will probably change) a couple spots different in your beloved KRACH and same type of schedule, Endicott is deserving, but Plymouth State was not....

Like I said...you flip flop more than Michael Jackson....
      Remy Babineaux
      remyb616@gmail.com
      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
        One has to wonder, what would Norwich's record be if they played another 4 quality D3 teams, and didn't beat up on D2 squads.

#NotMyRegionalRankings
        Like Johnson & Wales and Suffolk?
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
          2016-2017 Endicott 20-3-2
          2015-2016 Plym St. 20-4-1

2016-2017 Endicott KRACH SoS 51
          2015-2016 Plym St. KRACH SoS 47

2016-2017 Endicott getting a bid would be "Deserving" and okay in Fish's mind
          2015-2016 Plym St. getting a bid would have been a travesty and undeserving in Fish's mind

So 1 more loss (yet 1 more tie) in the same undeserving conference(s) makes it okay for Endicott to get a bid, but not Plymouth State last year because KRACH says so. Even tho they play in basically the same type of conference, were only currently (will probably change) a couple spots different in your beloved KRACH and same type of schedule, Endicott is deserving, but Plymouth State was not....

Like I said...you flip flop more than Michael Jackson....
          Not flipping, PSUC. It's no secret that I consider the KRACH to be the best metric out there.

Speaking of, does anyone know where I can find archived KRACH ratings? Not having any luck searching them. Thanks!
          Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-22-2017, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Ouch
            The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

It's Tourney time.
              Since there is no scores thread; who do you like tonight in the SUNYAC, ECAC W, et al ?

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
                It's Tourney time.
                Since there is no scores thread; who do you like tonight in the SUNYAC, ECAC W, et al ?
                I don't know why....but for some reason I feel Brockport upsets the Genny. Buff State does beat Freddy though.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by OZrebel View Post

#NotMyRegionalRankings
                  Prez and I were discussing this several weeks ago on the Norwich thread.
                  We've been wondering how good this Cadets team really is all season.
                  It would have been interesting if we'd played Plattsburgh in the Primelink Final (instead of Concordia), and Oswego in the NSB Finals (instead of Williams).

It's not been much of a test when the NC schedule for Norwich has been Endicott, Middlebury (2), Concordia, Nazareth, Williams, Plattsburgh, and as you say the "Saints" from D2.
                  (combined records for those 8 teams is 78-82-12).
                  Add to that disappointing seasons from both UMB and Babson, and we are all left wondering just how they will fare after a meager 2-0-2 record against other ranked teams.
                  The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
                    It's Tourney time.
                    Even though the Genny/Brocport game says Live Stats....it appears there is video http://www.geneseoknights.com/sports...70222_5ah6.xml

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                      Even though the Genny/Brocport game says Live Stats....it appears there is video http://www.geneseoknights.com/sports...70222_5ah6.xml
                      It's free for about 2 minutes then they want your credit card. I like Genny in this one. Hobart charges too. Rich kids, jeez. And they are up 2-0.

Comment

• Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
                        It's free for about 2 minutes then they want your credit card. I like Genny in this one. Hobart charges too. Rich kids, jeez. And they are up 2-0.
                        You can watch for free...it's a lower bit rate, but more than watchable...same for Buff State.
                        LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

• Originally posted by peddler View Post
                          Prez and I were discussing this several weeks ago on the Norwich thread.
                          We've been wondering how good this Cadets team really is all season.
                          It would have been interesting if we'd played Plattsburgh in the Primelink Final (instead of Concordia), and Oswego in the NSB Finals (instead of Williams).

It's not been much of a test when the NC schedule for Norwich has been Endicott, Middlebury (2), Concordia, Nazareth, Williams, Plattsburgh, and as you say the "Saints" from D2.
                          (combined records for those 8 teams is 78-82-12).
                          Add to that disappointing seasons from both UMB and Babson, and we are all left wondering just how they will fare after a meager 2-0-2 record against other ranked teams.
                          Good enough to reach Utica, and untested enough to lose in the NEHC tourney. Honestly, if they grinded their way to a national title (and it would have to be a grind), I would be surprised, but not shocked. I also would not be shocked if they bowed out in the first round.

I believe I will be watching them in Utica, but we'll see

Comment

Originally posted by birdwatcher View Post
                            i don't know why....but for some reason i feel brockport upsets the genny. Buff state does beat freddy though.
                            or not.......lol

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              That's funny Joe! However, you could have taken a little sting out of it by also mentioning that (NCAA Ranked #4 East) Hobart will be joining the NEHC also!

Comment

Originally posted by Oldguard65 View Post
                                That's funny Joe! However, you could have taken a little sting out of it by also mentioning that (NCAA Ranked #4 East) Hobart will be joining the NEHC also!
                                And that is next year. We have to wait a year for J&W + Suffolk.
                                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Working...
                                X