This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Big Ten > NCHC

The U also has better facilities, likely more recruiting resources, more money for assistants, and probably quite a bit more than any other school in the state.

There’s also the M on the front. Even though SCSU is having an incredible run, Minnesota is still the premier school in the state. Better education, better campus, and exposure.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      The U also has better facilities, likely more recruiting resources, more money for assistants, and probably quite a bit more than any other school in the state.
      And what has the "better facilities, likely more recruiting resources, more money for assistants" produced lately? Motzko has recruited 1st round picks in each of the last two drafts. The recruits he gets keep getting better as the years go by, in my opinion.

There’s also the M on the front. Even though SCSU is having an incredible run, Minnesota is still the premier school in the state. Better education, better campus, and exposure.
      You can't still believe this. This isn't the 1990s. Kids don't care about the M on the front. They had to fold the BTHC tournament because they couldn't even get more than like 2,000 people to Xcel to make it worth their while. And I would bet money that St. Cloud has more games on TV this year than the Gophers do. So your exposure argument is absurd. Duluth has won a title more recently than the Gophers, and made it to another title game more recently than the Gophers. Your only claim to being the premier school in the state is enrollment.
      Originally posted by SJHovey
      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
      Originally posted by Brenthoven
      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
        And I would bet money that St. Cloud has more games on TV this year than the Gophers do. So your exposure argument is absurd.

Your only claim to being the premier school in the state is enrollment.
        You would lose the money.

Also, the premier education of the five schools. Get your degree, set yourself free, St. Cloud State University!

Comment

And what has the "better facilities, likely more recruiting resources, more money for assistants" produced lately? Motzko has recruited 1st round picks in each of the last two drafts. The recruits he gets keep getting better as the years go by, in my opinion.

You can't still believe this. This isn't the 1990s. Kids don't care about the M on the front. They had to fold the BTHC tournament because they couldn't even get more than like 2,000 people to Xcel to make it worth their while. And I would bet money that St. Cloud has more games on TV this year than the Gophers do. So your exposure argument is absurd. Duluth has won a title more recently than the Gophers, and made it to another title game more recently than the Gophers. Your only claim to being the premier school in the state is enrollment.
          Which is why Middlestadt went to SCS...wait, he didn't.

Also, let me know when your team is regularly broadcast on a network that reaches 90 million TVs. Weird how that works.
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Which is why Middlestadt went to SCS...wait, he didn't.

Also, let me know when your team is regularly broadcast on a network that reaches 90 million TVs. Weird how that works.
            Which is why Poehling and Tufte went to the U...wait, they didn't.

Weird how what works? How when you are on a network that "reaches 90 million TVs", your conference becomes a laughingstock and a new team comes in and completely mops the floor with the other teams in their first year? Or how the other in-state teams start using your team as a punching bag? Enjoy, I guess.
            Last edited by Tipsy McStagger; 12-13-2017, 04:25 PM.
            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
              Which is why Poehling and Tufte went to the U...wait, they didn't.

Weird how what works? How when you are on a network that "reaches 90 million TVs", your conference becomes a laughingstock and a new team comes in and completely mops the floor with the other teams in their first year? Or how the other in-state teams start using your team as a punching bag? Enjoy, I guess.
              Well done. The arrogance of gopher fans never ceases to amaze me. They sure pack the Mooch though
              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

But how come you bet money that SCSU is on TV more and then back down on it? Gophers will always be on TV more than SCSU (though I predict it'll decline for all teams in college hockey).

Why would Motzko care how the Gophers are playing right now? I'm sure he has confidence he could turn the program around given the resources he'd have (including many he doesn't have at Jan Brady State).

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                  But how come you bet money that SCSU is on TV more and then back down on it? Gophers will always be on TV more than SCSU (though I predict it'll decline for all teams in college hockey).

Why would Motzko care how the Gophers are playing right now? I'm sure he has confidence he could turn the program around given the resources he'd have (including many he doesn't have at Jan Brady State).
                  Not backing down. I was on my phone on the bus ride home so I couldn't check the schedules. You may be right, the U may be on more than St. Cloud this year. I am just going off my experience which is obviously biased. I know SCSU is on FSN 11 times this year. I also know BTN doesn't show much hockey until football season is over and then they have to compete with basketball and other teams in their conference. Also, from Gopher fans whining about how they couldn't watch the game vs UND

Why would Motzko care how the Gophers are playing now? Maybe because he respects Lucia and doesn't think he is a clueless bozo who is doing everything wrong.

Comment

I would love to know the specific resource advantages the U of M has over SCSU, given that hockey is SCSU's only revenue generating sport.

I would also love to know why, if the B1G teams all have such huge resource advantages, the only opponents they can regularly beat are in Atlantic Hockey?

Comment

I would love to know the specific resource advantages the U of M has over SCSU, given that hockey is SCSU's only revenue generating sport.

I would also love to know why, if the B1G teams all have such huge resource advantages, the only opponents they can regularly beat are in Atlantic Hockey?
                      This guy is for real. 🤣
                      Code:

Comment

This guy is for real. ��
                        lolololol

Comment

I would also love to know why ... the only opponents they can regularly beat are in Atlantic Hockey?
                          I reckon that question gets asked a lot.

Comment

Did that need to be mentioned? That is pretty much all the U has to offer.
                            You're still cute and so is icehawk. SCSU has a great thing going right now of course he's not leaving today. But if Lucia retired at the end of the year and the Gophers wanted Motzko bad enough there's a far better chance than not that they would. Arguing otherwise is as short-sighted as it gets.

That said I don't think he'd be their first choice at all anyway so it's not going to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              You're still cute and so is icehawk. SCSU has a great thing going right now of course he's not leaving today. But if Lucia retired at the end of the year and the Gophers wanted Motzko bad enough there's a far better chance than not that they would. Arguing otherwise is as short-sighted as it gets.

That said I don't think he'd be their first choice at all anyway so it's not going to happen.
                              Not as cute as you though SS. Your voice is gospel in these parts. At least you think it is
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Motzko may consider it...but i highly doubt he leaves.
                                This is his school, his program, his legacy. He has cart blanche here and always will. Money may talk but there is WAY more to it than just flashing cash.
                                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X