X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
    If Lake State cuts hockey, I would dissolve my relationship with LSSU, so I definitely get where you are coming from on that.
    I was the same way with UAH. I told them that I'd get my master's degree elsewhere.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Excellent summary of Alaska politics.

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
      Alaska is a very RED state. For the past 40 years it's been DOMINATED by state legislators who use "Fiscal Conservatism" as PR to sell to their constituents who overwhelmingly vote right-wing because they all think they are effing cowboy individualists who are self-made successes (whether or not they are). They also believe the money in state coffers came out of their pocket somehow when nobody in the state has paid any state taxes ever. This attitude is hugely prevalent outside of the two cities. So every year it's all about cutting the budget because they've never properly forecasted revenue in advance. They're incompetent at everything except pandering to the people that they know will vote them back in.

Comment

Coach Thomas just tweeted that recruiting has not been suspend. Staff are currently in the lower 48! Not to sure what that sound bit was in the news.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          “Right now we’re not recruiting, because we don’t really have a program to sell to,”
          Today's tweet from the coach:

"Recruiting is not suspended. Staff is currently on the road recruiting. Been a positive week. Needs for 17-18 nearly met . @chnews"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

What's up with that? :0/

Comment

Oops. I must've been typing after you sent that hockeytownak.

I went to the event the other day and was blown away that given the time they chose to hold it, topped with zero parking, that the seats were filled up and that even the balcony area looking down on the area was full of people. I was impressed with those that spoke, but not so impressed with those who held it.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post

"Recruiting is not suspended. Staff is currently on the road recruiting. Been a positive week. Needs for 17-18 nearly met . @chnews"

Sounds like his first answer wasn't the company line and he was corrected.
              Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

Good news. Too bad we lost Walker in all this mess. He would have been that blue chipper we sorely need.
                Originally Posted by aparch
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Thats Great news!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hockeytownak View Post
                    Excellent summary of Alaska politics.
                    You are correct on the poor to nonexistent planning for the future.
                    Also correct on the cutting. However the only cutting was to social programs not mega projects (dams, bridges, etc.) or oil company revenues. They did cut the pittance in taxes the oil companies paid.
                    The one thing that has been left out of the summary is the elected "conservatives" were not conservative with OUR money.
                    They spent and spent and spent. That's the reason we are in an unsustainable position now.
                    Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 09-11-2016, 07:05 AM.

Comment

• Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

C-Anholt
                      A's: Van Allen & Mantha

http://www.goseawolves.com/ViewArtic...CLID=211166479
                      Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                        Congrats to the guys. Good choices!
                        Originally Posted by aparch
                        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Josh Ciocco has accepted a position as an Assistant Coach at Brown. That's according to a Tweet from @MarkDivver of the Providence Journal.
                          Last edited by davyd83; 09-13-2016, 08:17 PM.
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                            Josh Ciocco has accepted a position as an Assistant Coach at Brown. That's according to a Tweet from @MarkDivver of the Providence Journal.
                            Does Louis Mass take over recruiting? Or we bring somebody else on? Justin Johnson would be huge for the hometown folk, fresh out of the NHL & AHL would be welcoming to recruits.
                            Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                              Interestingly, they've been on the down from 10-11 with 10 wins, to only 5 this past season. There GF's and GA's also follow UAA stat wise...At best it is a lateral move (assuming our program stays floating).

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                                Does Louis Mass take over recruiting? Or we bring somebody else on? Justin Johnson would be huge for the hometown folk, fresh out of the NHL & AHL would be welcoming to recruits.
                                If they're almost set for 17-18 or I'd assume they would be since Ciocco wouldn't likely just bail. Not like Matt or Louis both cant manage a couple of trips here and there anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X