• Show
Clear All

• Re: REPORT: North Dakota cutting women's hockey

"It's over Johnny"

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie44 View Post
      Fixed...
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by Reggie44 View Post
        "It's over Johnny"
        Yep. No looking back now.
        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
          the replies are spot on

I expect that from politicians
          first the Senators who never bought a ticket to a women's hockey game,
          now Herr Nitwit is fine with North Dakota footing the bill to educate and make theirr citizens better hockey players, how about a few Deutsche mark Herr Cheapshidt?

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
            how about a few Deutsche mark Herr Cheapshidt?
            That would be Euros.

Comment

• It is definitely over. Coach Idalski met with UND President Kennedy today in last ditch effort to find what would be needed to keep the program going.

UND President Kennedy's response, "Womens hockey is a boutique sport and never should have been at UND."

Great leadership.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pens4 View Post
                It is definitely over. Coach Idalski met with UND President Kennedy today in last ditch effort to find what would be needed to keep the program going.

UND President Kennedy's response, "Womens hockey is a boutique sport and never should have been at UND."

Great leadership.
                Is there a source for this?
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                  Is there a source for this?
                  This Facebook post by the Lamoureux twins mentions it: https://www.facebook.com/LamoureuxTw...890207/?type=3
                  https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                  https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                  NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                  Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

I'm late to this since it happened as I headed to Plymouth for worlds, but everything I've heard is in direct opposition to the idea that this decision was announced as soon as it was made.

Not only did the story leak through rumors at least a full week before it went public, but the date for the budget announcement changed multiple times. I heard at least three different days where it was "going to happen." I don't think it's at all a coincidence that this was announced after all their winter sports teams had completed their seasons. I was told the announcement was first scheduled while the men's team was still playing and that was a big no go. It was a clear decision to make the announcement when none of their teams, athletes or coaches would be in a position to have to answer questions about it.
                    It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

• Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                      This Facebook post by the Lamoureux twins mentions it: https://www.facebook.com/LamoureuxTw...890207/?type=3
                      Ooooooof
                      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                        Going to that facebook page made my eyes bleed, but that is a bad look there for sure for the Pres. I wonder when the info leaked out a month or so before the announcement why the program didn't throw a hissyfit then? Maybe t hey could have saved it. Now it's too late.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          I wonder when the info leaked out a month or so before the announcement why the program didn't throw a hissyfit then?
                          They were probably in denial.
                          Russell Jaslow
                          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                            They were probably in denial.
                            Dered?
                            Try the veal
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                              I think they women up there got shafted but lets be honest, that is not an attribution, that is hearsay.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                                I think they women up there got shafted but lets be honest, that is not an attribution, that is hearsay.
                                It was a private conversation between an unnamed women's hockey parent and the president.
                                Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                                Eric's Twitter
                                The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Working...
                                X