X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Soccer XXVII: The REAL Football

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Yeah, there's stuff in Italian soccer that will curl your nose hairs. I can't imagine what the ultras come up with in places like Greece, Turkey, or Ukraine.
    Check out the translation of the chants in Belgrade when Serbia played Albania in the last Euro qualifying.
    That whole game turned into an epic sh**-show

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
      Check out the translation of the chants in Belgrade when Serbia played Albania in the last Euro qualifying.
      That whole game turned into an epic sh**-show
      Was it the Serbian association ultras that the Vice Sports show was about? Those guys were, I believe the kids today are calling it, savage.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Orange ball alerts have been issued for this weekend for Kansas City, New England, and Minnesota...

edit: And for the lulz, KC plays Dallas, NE plays Orlando, and MN plays Atlanta.
        Last edited by Jimjamesak; 03-10-2017, 02:18 AM.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I don't know what any of that means.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            because of potential snow the game will be played with an orange ball instead of the typical white ball:
            https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6f1yElWQAAsh9N.jpg
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

ahhhhsee

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                Basically, it's supposed to snow. When it snows they use a high visibility, bright orange ball instead of the normal white one. It's pretty rare they have to break out the orange ball so it's kind of a big deal.

Also the three home teams are playing three teams from warm weather places, so that's funny.
                I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I believe the Revs game was ppd until September
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    I believe the Revs game was ppd until September
                    That seems to be the case.

Orlando gets bailed out, instead of playing in the snow without Kaka they'll get good weather and Kaka back.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      That seems to be the case.

Orlando gets bailed out, instead of playing in the snow without Kaka they'll get good weather and Kaka back.
                      NE doesn't get to whine, ever.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So Liga MX in Mexico had to cancel their matches this week because the referees went on strike.

From what I've gathered, not easy considering most of the reports are in Spanish, there were a couple incidents in the midweek Copa MX involving players going after refs and getting physical. One involved a team getting three red cards in quick succession and another was a post game headbutt.

There appears to be more going on behind the scenes as the FMF issued lengthy suspensions to the players involved but the referees still walked out. The Mexican league has always been a notorious s***show with the owners, corruption, and draconian player movement rules. It seems the refs are getting high praise for being the ones to actually stand up.

Good article on the subject.
                        Last edited by Jimjamesak; 03-12-2017, 01:55 AM.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

So here's the 3 red card incident that seems to have pushed the referees to striking: https://streamable.com/2zq7b

Quick summary, first guy got his second yellow (rightfully so) for the foul, GK got a second yellow for dissent (the foul is at midfield and he comes all the way out to argue), and the third is for the player giving him the substantial push.
                          Last edited by Jimjamesak; 03-12-2017, 01:54 AM.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Meanwhile in MLS...

Watch the whole clip. Officiating is hard, offside in soccer can be tricky, and that is a brilliant call.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

MN United needs defense. Wow...
                              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                                MN United needs defense. Wow...
                                Desperately.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X