Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
    I hope they do change the jerseys so that the letters are bigger again.
    YES! That would be great to get back to the classic look. I hope the reds match ccm's. No 2 tone red please.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
      I had conversations with people involved in the switch and they seemed pretty confident that UA wouldn't mess up Wisconsin's classic style, especially for hockey.
      Other schools with UA have pretty mellow/normal hockey gear, I think Notre Dame and one of the Boston schools maybe.
      Anyone going to the event? I'd go f I thought there'd be a few hundred there.
      Don't want to deal with few thousand though!

Comment

It's also been made known via Twitter that they will not be unveiling uniforms tonight, only apparel.

Comment

Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
          It's also been made known via Twitter that they will not be unveiling uniforms tonight, only apparel.
          Where did you see that?

Comment

Originally posted by BlueOx View Post
            Where did you see that?
            The athletic dept tweeted it out in response to someone else's tweet: Link

Comment

Some interesting info from a member of Badger247 who spoke to Tony Granato last night...

I spent about 15 minutes talking to Tony Granato about the program last night. The man's picture should be next to confidence and swagger in the dictionary. He will win multiple national titles here.

Interesting nuggets he gave me last night:
              Boston has signed off on Trent Frederic playing for Wisconsin next year
              Minnesota has NOT signed off on Kunin coming back to Wisconsin but Tony thinks he can get it done
              He guaranteed if he was here last year Auston Matthews (first overall pick this year) would have played at least 1 year for Wisconsin
              Not really a nugget and it's his job to say it, but he said that the team will be much better than last year and their talent level is higher than most think.

Link: http://wisconsin.247sports.com/Board...reads-46040160

Comment

Wait, so Minnesota doesn't want Kunin to come back THIS year, or are they talking about 17-18? See also, Frederic.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                  Wait, so Minnesota doesn't want Kunin to come back THIS year, or are they talking about 17-18? See also, Frederic.
                  I was wondering that too, so I asked. Here's his response...

This year coming up. He said he knows the GM so he hopes Minnesota will allow him to play at Wisconsin one more year. Kunin wants to come back.
                  Tony also thought Wisconsin now has a huge advantage because the coaching staff has experience and contacts at basically all levels of hockey. He is hoping he can get that extra year of college out of kids that would normally be forced to go pro by their team.

Comment

This year coming up. He said he knows the GM so he hopes Minnesota will allow him to play at Wisconsin one more year. Kunin wants to come back.
                    Tony also thought Wisconsin now has a huge advantage because the coaching staff has experience and contacts at basically all levels of hockey. He is hoping he can get that extra year of college out of kids that would normally be forced to go pro by their team.

Let's hope for some Kunin home cooking during his sophomore year. Kunin has the opportunity to do great things at UW. May not win a Natty, but can advance the program versus how it was run into the ground under the previous coach.

Comment

Perhaps this article about the Wild's Free Agency signings today will make you feel better

The interesting part for UW fans is this....

The additions of Staal and Stewart also allows the Wild to let prospects like Alex Tuch and recent first-round draft pick Luke Kunin more time to simmer in their respective leagues while at the same time, not limiting their potential in the future.

By the time Stewart’s deal is up, the Wild should have plenty of room for a well-seasoned Tuch, who should score plenty and play in all situations with Iowa the next year or two.

Same goes for Kunin, who will be a sophomore at the University of Wisconsin this winter. Three years from now, when Staal’s deal is completed, Kunin should be ready to take over a top-6 spot in the lineup.

Comment

Certainly it can't hurt to have OGG in charge when it comes to having fellas stick around more.
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Best thing I read today.

From a front page reddit AMA entitled "We are staff, students and teachers at a village middle school in Ghana in West Africa. Ask us anything."

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen..._at_a_village/

Originally posted by WiscTJK
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                          Originally posted by Timothy A
                          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Oz posted pics on Twitter from the weekend and one picture is shocking, I say shocking. JUST SHOCKING! His daughter was wearing a rodent hat and a marooon dress to boot! I will never recover from seeing that. I had to unfollow him despite our common interests of UW hockey, fatherhood and musky fishing. What else was I to do? I've got scruples you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              Oz posted pics on Twitter from the weekend and one picture is shocking, I say shocking. JUST SHOCKING! His daughter was wearing a rodent hat and a marooon dress to boot! I will never recover from seeing that. I had to unfollow him despite our common interests of UW hockey, fatherhood and musky fishing. What else was I to do? I've got scruples you know.
                              It's probably not too late to run him out of town....

Comment

Originally posted by BuB View Post
                                It's probably not too late to run him out of town....
                                It's never too late. :O Being a parent obviously one can't prevent one's kids from doing stupid things . I still trust the G2O brain trust.

Comment

Working...
                                X