X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: Did you make Barry's List?

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Dark Tourist on Netflix is interesting. I haven’t seen them all yet but so far the Medellin episode with the Escobar stuff was the most interesting
    I'm eyeing that series. Not really into the whole death stuff, but now you've piqued my curiosity with the mention of Medillin.....
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

New Last Chance U season is another good one. New school, but same format and a coach with even bigger personality issues. Might be their best season production-wise, especially an episode mid-season that switches up the usual format and starts with the game while splicing player and coach backgrounds.

There's also a bonus episode at the end following up with the bigger stars of East Mississippi.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        I'm eyeing that series. Not really into the whole death stuff, but now you've piqued my curiosity with the mention of Medillin.....
        The Japan episode was interesting, especially the first part traveling around the Fukushima site. It's pretty eerie to see entire towns still closed off due to high radiation. Japan's version of Chernobyl.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigus Paulus View Post
          The Japan episode was interesting, especially the first part traveling around the Fukushima site. It's pretty eerie to see entire towns still closed off due to high radiation. Japan's version of Chernobyl.
          Watched the Medellin ep, the Muerte part was the most interesting, the Pablo stuff was nothing new for me. The Japan ep, I agree. That was eerie. Skipped the Dahmer ep (zero interest), halfway through the Stans ep. It's meh so far.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Ozark season two released August 31

Comment

Season Two of The Sinner on USA starts Wednesday.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

John Oliver was back from vacation last night. Had a nice talk with Anita Hill.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Better Call Saul starts next weekend, and the Mayans are coming. I am drooling waiting for these shows.....

Comment

Sharp Objects is phenomenal.

After arrival and this, Amy Adams needs to swear off everything but dramas from here on out.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      Sharp Objects is phenomenal.

After arrival and this, Amy Adams needs to swear off everything but dramas from here on out.
                      Pfffft. Talladega Nights!
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        Pfffft. Talladega Nights!
                        ^^^^^^^^^

But she is better in dramas.

Comment

Picked up Mad Men again. Watching an episode a night or so now. Into season 5. Hamm, Moss, and Slattery are great and all, but holy crap Jared Harris is a beast. I love him in everything I've seen him in. Top notch. Unfortunately I do know that he doesn't have much left in this series.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                            Picked up Mad Men again. Watching an episode a night or so now. Into season 5. Hamm, Moss, and Slattery are great and all, but holy crap Jared Harris is a beast. I love him in everything I've seen him in. Top notch. Unfortunately I do know that he doesn't have much left in this series.
                            4 and 5 were definitely the best seasons. 6 gets an honorable mention.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              4 and 5 were definitely the best seasons. 6 gets an honorable mention.
                              Agreed.

Comment

Finished up Season 1 of The Sinner yesterday. This is a show I'd never heard of before it showed up on Netflix, and I had pretty low expectations, since it was a USA show, and USA is generally awful. All in all, it wasn't bad. It was twisted and a bit ****ed up, but the story and the way it was told was good enough. There are times it could have been better, but then, it was a USA show, so that is to be expected. There are some good twists, especially at the end, even if the big reveal was telegraphed from a mile away.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X