I've got work to do on all 3.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Re: Fitness (Diet/Exercise) 2017: Relentless Forward Progress

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      Diet-exercise-sleep.

I've got work to do on all 3.
      Yep. Since my ultra, I've kind of fallen apart.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
        Yep. Since my ultra, I've kind of fallen apart.
        And today confirmed it. Rivertown Races half-marathon this morning: started out fine, wasn't looking for anything other than fun. Then at mile 8, things started to go terribly wrong. After I drank at the aid station, I made it about another 0.2 miles up the course, when I started feeling very light-headed. Stopped, hunched over, and put my hands on my knees. 12:00 pacer, the one I was running with, asked if I was okay, and I clearly was not. So she ran back to the EMTs and brought them to me. So they put me on the back of a cart and started asking questions. They started running test, such as pulse ox, BP, etc. Then they took me back to the finish area, and into the back of an ambulance. Did an ECG, which revealed a slight arrythmia, which prompted a discussion about going to the hospital. I consented, and so spent 1-2 hours at St. Mary's hospital in Grand Rapids. After receiving 1L of sodium chloride drip, the hospital said everything returned to normal, and I was free to go.

Maybe it is time I turned it down a notch.
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Huge improvement in my back after yoga last week (chiro says the back is OK, but hammies and glutes are too tight and it's causing back pain). Played hockey this morning and it felt pretty good. I really missed sweat.

Comment

NEVER fall off track/training. Starting up again is hard.

Comment

Nike tried to break 2 hours in a marathon. Their guy (a Kenyan or Ethiopian) posted 2:00:24, missing a world record by 25 seconds.

Meanwhile, if I break 4:30:00, I'm good.

Comment

So I started this journey in March 2016 after a scare from my work physical. That moment convinced me it was finally time to do something about my weight. That April, I attended an introduction to weight loss surgery class at Allina and began the process of getting my eating and lifestyle in check. Because of scheduling issues, I didn't start the dietitian portion of my pre-op requirements until June and reached my worst weight on May 5, 2016.

Since then I've steadily lost weight and made some major changes to my diet and tried my best to find time for exercise. After successful surgery in January 2017 and more lifestyle changes, I can announce today that I have lost 100 lbs in the last 370 days and hope to continue to lose more. Feels really good to say that...
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  So I started this journey in March 2016 after a scare from my work physical. That moment convinced me it was finally time to do something about my weight. That April, I attended an introduction to weight loss surgery class at Allina and began the process of getting my eating and lifestyle in check. Because of scheduling issues, I didn't start the dietitian portion of my pre-op requirements until June and reached my worst weight on May 5, 2016.

Since then I've steadily lost weight and made some major changes to my diet and tried my best to find time for exercise. After successful surgery in January 2017 and more lifestyle changes, I can announce today that I have lost 100 lbs in the last 370 days and hope to continue to lose more. Feels really good to say that...
                  Woot!
                  I can only imagine how great that feels. You look great, and I look forward to seeing less of you as time goes by.
                  I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
                    Woot!
                    I can only imagine how great that feels. You look great, and I look forward to seeing less of you as time goes by.
                    Yeah, we'll see how many more I can shed. My doctor thought another 50 (his numbers are better than the national average), my dietitian thought more like 30 more. I think I'll be quite happy if I can land somewhere in the middle and keep off 130+ lbs long term.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Yeah, we'll see how many more I can shed. My doctor thought another 50 (his numbers are better than the national average), my dietitian thought more like 30 more. I think I'll be quite happy if I can land somewhere in the middle and keep off 130+ lbs long term.
                      Way to go!

Comment

Seriously SG, that's absolutely phenomenal. Way to make a difference in your life.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                          Nike tried to break 2 hours in a marathon. Their guy (a Kenyan or Ethiopian) posted 2:00:24, missing a world record by 25 seconds.

Meanwhile, if I break 4:30:00, I'm good.
                          For the record, he beat the world record by a healthy margin (roughly 2 minutes). But it doesn't count because they rotated fresh pacers in and out.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                            For the record, he beat the world record by a healthy margin (roughly 2 minutes). But it doesn't count because they rotated fresh pacers in and out.
                            Well, we know it can be done. But I'd like to see Kipchoge do it when it counts.

Comment

Today, I ran the River Bank Run 25K. Today wasn't about setting a PR, today was about getting my confidence back, which was shot to hell after the DNF two weeks ago. So I finished in 3:08:40, and I don't even care about the time. What matters is that I crossed the finish line.

And in the midst of upheaval (working second shift and moving to a new city), I found out what I need to do to get back on track... the only question is, do I have what it takes to do it?

Comment

With soccer over I started P90x again. I decided to start with plyo like I always do. I struggled. I'm going to look like FDR trying to go down a flight of stairs tomorrow.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X