This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2017-18

They're both from Berwyn, PA, so I think it's safe to say there're brothers (or related in the unlikely case they're not).

Not really a fan of recruiting kids who just turned 15, but if it's family of a kid already recruited, and you want them, I guess I'll make an exception.

Smith is really stockpiling for down the road, which he has the luxury of doing based on the current class sizes. Just hope he doesn't miss some good currrebt '98s and '99s still out there.

Comment

Michael Cameron
      #16 Jr. Flyers 16U, Forward, 7/24/02, Shoots Left

Cameron scored a nice goal coming down the left wing on Sunday at the ECC Labor Day Cup. He’s nifty in tight spaces and has above average hockey sense. He’s the younger brother of RPI commit Matt Cameron. https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/col...ey-16u-18u-15u
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by rsfs04 View Post
        They're both from Berwyn, PA, so I think it's safe to say there're brothers (or related in the unlikely case they're not).

Not really a fan of recruiting kids who just turned 15, but if it's family of a kid already recruited, and you want them, I guess I'll make an exception.

Smith is really stockpiling for down the road, which he has the luxury of doing based on the current class sizes. Just hope he doesn't miss some good currrebt '98s and '99s still out there.
        We have been way behind the curve in recruiting young players. Look at Heisenberg's recruit lists by school. With the possible exception of Colgate, which never seems to have a very deep pipeline, we have been getting by in recent years with a far smaller batch of future recruits than our competitors (and a fraction of the big boys, who often have as many as 20 future commits over 3 or 4 upcoming years). That has forced us to look for late bloomers and guys that fell through the cracks. Some, like Will Reilly who was a relatively late commit, work out, but it's hard to stay competitive that way. It's the trend in college hockey that the heart of your team should be kids you signed early with gaps being filled in with late bloomers. Coach Dave is just getting us into the game.

Having said that - an '02? I was 16 when I entered RPI and I never thought I'd see the day when we'd be recruiting kids much younger than I was.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
          Michael Cameron
          #16 Jr. Flyers 16U, Forward, 7/24/02, Shoots Left

Cameron scored a nice goal coming down the left wing on Sunday at the ECC Labor Day Cup. He’s nifty in tight spaces and has above average hockey sense. He’s the younger brother of RPI commit Matt Cameron. https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/col...ey-16u-18u-15u
          One's a left shot and the other shoots from the right. Get those boys a slick center and we might have quite a line for a year or two.

Comment

They are brothers.
            https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
            Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

I am not a fan of recruiting that early either but since everyone is doing it, we have to.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                They are brothers.
                Thanks
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                  We have been way behind the curve in recruiting young players. Look at Heisenberg's recruit lists by school. With the possible exception of Colgate, which never seems to have a very deep pipeline, we have been getting by in recent years with a far smaller batch of future recruits than our competitors (and a fraction of the big boys, who often have as many as 20 future commits over 3 or 4 upcoming years). That has forced us to look for late bloomers and guys that fell through the cracks. Some, like Will Reilly who was a relatively late commit, work out, but it's hard to stay competitive that way. It's the trend in college hockey that the heart of your team should be kids you signed early with gaps being filled in with late bloomers. Coach Dave is just getting us into the game.

Having said that - an '02? I was 16 when I entered RPI and I never thought I'd see the day when we'd be recruiting kids much younger than I was.
                  I think that a balance between young and old is a good idea.
                  Obviously people mature at different rates. I was also 16 when I entered RPI and although I was definitely academically ready, I was not emotionally or socially ready. Then again there is a big difference between being recruited at that age and arriving at that age.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It's good to see us getting 4 Star prospects instead of below that. Of course it could change before he arrives.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2017-18

Code:
                       # Name                Ps commitm. Team (League)                   Year  DOB      Ht    Wt  Hometown
                      xx Cory Babichuk       LD 11/02/14 Cent. Illinois Flying Aces(USHL)2018  09/28/98 5'10" 170 Edmonton, AB
                      xx Jonathan Bendorf *  LW 08/15/15 Muskegon Lumberjacks (USHL)     2018  02/26/99 6'00" 181 Yardville, NJ
                      15 Matt Cameron        RW 07/28/16 New Jersey Titans (NAHL)        2019  06/08/00 5'11" 190 Berwyn, PA
                      16 Mike Cameron        LW 09/12/17 Philadelphia Jr. Flyers U16     2021  07/24/02 5;08" 158 Berwyn, PA
                      16 Reid Leibold         C 09/08/17 Washington Little Caps U16(AYHL)2020  10/23/01 5'10" 165 Ashburn VA
                      26 Jacob Modry         LD 07/19/15 Wenatchee Wild (BCHL)           2018  01/23/99 6'05" 185 El Segundo, CA
                      21 Austen Swankler      C 07/31/17 Oakland Jr. Grizzlies U16 (HPHL)2020  08/21/01 5'11" 157 Irwin, PA
                       5 Atte Tuliara        RD 01/26/17 Lincoln Stars (USHL)            2018  04/26/98 6'02" 180 Helsinki, Finland

Women (not updated yet)
                      44 Mary Jane Alexander  D 09/23/16 Chicago Young Amer. U19 (JWHL)  2019  11/08/00 5'08" 140 Deerfield, IL updated
                      44                                 Lake Forest Academy         
                      14 Julia Blitz          F 11/28/16 Washington Pride U19 (JWHL)     2019  08/14/01 X'XX" XXX Potomac, MD
                      25 Sarah Bukvic         F 12/16/16 Stoney Crk Sabres Mid.AA (LLMAA)2019  07/25/01 5'05" 120 ..., ON
                      25                                 Stoney Creek Sabres (PWHL)
                      22 Mikayla Capelle      F 01/25/17 Okanagan Hockey Acad Prep(CSSHL)2018  03/07/00 5'05' 130 Dawson Creek, BC
                      12 Emily King          LW 03/15/17 Cretin-Derham Hall (Suburb.East)2019  10/30/00 5'03" XXX St. Paul, MN
                      29 Amanda Rampado       G 01/31/17 Stoney Crk Sabres Mid.AA (LLMAA)2019  11/27/01 5'05" 135 Stoney Creek, ON
                      17 Delaney Weiss        D 09/09/16 Chicago Young Amer. U19 (JWHL)  2018  11/30/99 5'07" 152 Lake Forest, IL updated

* In the RPI directory
                      # Known to have signed National Letter of Intent
                      The years the men's recruits are listed as committed for are not necessarily accurate.
                      The dates on which some of the women are listed as committing on may be considerably after the actual dates.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Code:
                         # Name                Ps Team (League)                      Gm- G- A-  P- PM Next Gm
                        xx Cory Babichuk       LD Central Illinois Flying Aces (USHL) 0- 0- 0-  0-  0 09/15/17 exhib
                        xx Jonathan Bendorf    LW Muskegon Lumberjacks (USHL)         0- 0- 0-  0-  0 09/23/17 exhib
                        15 Matt Cameron        RW New Jersey Titans (NAHL)            0- 0- 0-  0-  0 09/15/17
                        16 Mike Cameron        LW Philadelphia Jr. Flyers U16 (T1EHL) 2- 0- 2-  2-  2 09/15/17
                                                  Philadelphia Jr. Flyers U16 (HPL)   0- 0- 0-  0-  0 10/07/17 missing games
                                                  Philadelphia Jr. Flyers U16 (AYHL)  0- 0- 0-  0-  0 09/24/17
                                                  total                               2- 0- 2-  2-  2                      
                        16 Reid Leibold         C Washington Little Caps U16 (AYHL)   0- 0- 0-  0-  0 09/29/17
                                                  nonleague                           0- 0- 0-  0-  0 09/16/17 missing games
                                                  total                               0- 0- 0-  0-  0
                        26 Jacob Modry         LD Wenatchee Wild (BCHL)               1- 0- 0-  0-  2 09/15/17
                        21 Austen Swankler      C Oakland Jr. Grizzlies U16 (HPHL)    0- 0- 0-  0-  0 09/16/17 missing games
                         5 Atte Tuliara        RD Lincoln Stars (USHL)                0- 0- 0-  0-  0 09/15/17 exhib
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Michael Cameron’s eliteprospects page..... http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=417399 .........ususally elite prospects lists relatives but I see none for Matt/Michael. Haven’t found anything confirming a relationship but there is a Tweet on Matt Cameron’s Twitter acknowledging Michael’s commiment, albeit from someone other than Matt.
                          FWIW, I don't think that Mike has a Twitter account.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post

I completely agree that Seth recently had small pipelines, resulting in a lot of late commits that tend to not be the best (Reilly being a good exception). If Smith can have a larger pool of commits, I'm all for that.

However, I would not say everyone is recruiting 15 year olds. Looking at Heisenberg's list, we're only the 3rd ECAC team with an '02. Now the other two with '02s are Harvard and QU, so not bad company to be in.

I'll just say in general, I think the limit Seth seemed to use was 16 (I did not verify), and I think that's good. Maybe I'm just used to commits being 16, but I think at that point they've at least been in HS which is a good thing. I'm hoping this is more an exception (because he's committing where his brother is going) than the rule.

Minny just recruited an '03 and an '04, should we do that to? Have to draw a line somewhere.

Comment

I completely agree that Seth recently had small pipelines, resulting in a lot of late commits that tend to not be the best (Reilly being a good exception). If Smith can have a larger pool of commits, I'm all for that.

However, I would not say everyone is recruiting 15 year olds. Looking at Heisenberg's list, we're only the 3rd ECAC team with an '02. Now the other two with '02s are Harvard and QU, so not bad company to be in.

I'll just say in general, I think the limit Seth seemed to use was 16 (I did not verify), and I think that's good. Maybe I'm just used to commits being 16, but I think at that point they've at least been in HS which is a good thing. I'm hoping this is more an exception (because he's committing where his brother is going) than the rule.

Minny just recruited an '03 and an '04, should we do that to? Have to draw a line somewhere.
                              I agree that if Smith has a rule, Mike Cameron may be an exception since we already have a commitment from his brother.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                Matt Cameron is indeed on the New Jersey Titans Roster.
                                http://nahl.com/game-center/roster?l...am=10&league=1

He's the youngest forward on the team, and second youngest on the team to Jimmy Dowd, Jr.
                                Mike Cameron is the youngest player on the Jr Flyers U16 team http://www.jrflyers.org/roster/show/...bseason=395997. The fact he made the U16 travel team despite the fact that the Flyers also have U15 travel team (see on left) is a good sign. A few other '02s did also.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X