X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH Wildcats 2017/2018 - Umile's Last Stand - The Grand Finale

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
    Yup, the record for the most games in a row without a win. Believe the current streak is at 12. Anybody know their longest non-winning streak?
    I believe the most consecutive games without a win is 15 (during Charlie Holt's last season) - please correct me if I am wrong

If they don't find a way to win tonight, at home, against a team that has lost five in a row, they could enter Dick Umile Weekend with a chance to equal that mark...
    UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
      Define pipeline. About to be born and might enroll at UNH in 18 years?
      The "pipeline" right now is looking like it's way too backed up with muck and sludge. Just sayin' ...

Originally posted by Felger View Post
      I believe the most consecutive games without a win is 15 (during Charlie Holt's last season) - please correct me if I am wrong

If they don't find a way to win tonight, at home, against a team that has lost five in a row, they could enter Dick Umile Weekend with a chance to equal that mark...
      BS35+5's plans for a landmarkmine celebration ... it all seems to have gone a bit awry, eh??

The ironies just keep piling up, don't they Felgie?
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post
        They have been calling that hand pass faceoff win all season. I think it is the first called against us this year but I have seen it called on 2 or 3 other teams.
        Yeah. I saw the hand pass and thought that was it until the broadcaster said something about the road team's stick has to hit the ice first on the faceoff. Not sure what that's all about
        UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
          Yeah. I saw the hand pass and thought that was it until the broadcaster said something about the road team's stick has to hit the ice first on the faceoff. Not sure what that's all about
          From where we were sitting couldn't see what happened was it a legit call? Kudos to our PK for keeping the #3 PP in the nation scoreless!! Also Tirone played like a man possessed "just try to take my starting spot away again". 😳
          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
            If the FO was at center ice, sounds like the zebras got it right. Check Rule 613, Face-off Procedures - USA Hockey Ruke Book. Apparently this rule was modified to begin the 2016-2017 season? Sorry, I do not know how to insert link from my iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              If the FO was at center ice, sounds like the zebras got it right. Check Rule 613, Face-off Procedures - USA Hockey Ruke Book. Apparently this rule was modified to begin the 2016-2017 season? Sorry, I do not know how to insert link from my iPhone.
              Nope wasn't at Center ice and when the penalty was announced it was called a "delay of game"...Vela didn't enter the face off when he should've?!?
              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post

To be fair, the winless streak during the '85 season was also a losing streak. There no ties in there. And when the streak was finally broken UNH promptly lost six more in a row.

As everyone here knows there have been a bunch of ties in the latest winless streak. Bad for the March/Quest, but good for avoiding their third consecutive 20 loss season.
                UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                  BS35+5's plans for a landmarkmine celebration ... it all seems to have gone a bit awry, eh??
                  What is Coach's position on the NCAA men's hockey career ties list?
                  I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

So now that's what 12 games that could have gone either way?!? I know woulda coulda shoulda!
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Glass half-full ... one game unbeaten streak!!!
                      Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                        So now that's what 12 games that could have gone either way?!? I know woulda coulda shoulda!
                        Maybe. We've been touting one-goal losses and ties as hope for four years now. I think when the sample size gets this large you have to wonder if the team just isn't good enough to win close games. Here are totals for one-goal losses and ties the past four years...

2015 - 9
                        2016 - 16
                        2017 - 9
                        2018 - 12

Do those numbers indicate a team that's unlucky? Or a team that loses a lot?

---

For years now UNH has been losing to (and occasionally tying) two types of teams. Teams that are better than them and teams that are their equal who play the type of hockey that matches up well with UNHs uptempo game (a game they still play despite personnel that doesn't always match up). Tonight they play a team in UMass who plays that same style - and not as well (at least for now - they're building and we are fading). So UNH wins and snaps the streak...
                        Last edited by Dan; 02-03-2018, 11:34 AM.
                        Live Free or Die!!
                        Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher
                          Or they need to schedule down even more, so the ties end up wins. Swap out the Carroll School for the blind in place of Brown, and that's a likely W.
                          How the mighty have fallen. I barely follow the program anymore, and have been to one game in the past 8 years. In that game, a BU team with an NHL ready Charlie Macovy handled UNH quite easily. I guess my generation that went to school in the late 90s and 2000s was lucky to have a program that could pull of victories against good teams. Now playing a team like BC is a L pretty consistently.

Do any of the folks the follow this program consistently think that Umile's departure will help the direction in the next 5-10 years?
                          "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

-Herodotus

Comment

Originally posted by unh_hockey View Post
                            How the mighty have fallen. I barely follow the program anymore, and have been to one game in the past 8 years. In that game, a BU team with an NHL ready Charlie Macovy handled UNH quite easily. I guess my generation that went to school in the late 90s and 2000s was lucky to have a program that could pull of victories against good teams. Now playing a team like BC is a L pretty consistently.

Do any of the folks the follow this program consistently think that Umile's departure will help the direction in the next 5-10 years?
                            If you read through the threads you will find the answer to that question...but the short answer? Doubtful unless the recruiting picks up in a hurry. But I'm sure the veteran fans on this board have a better response!
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                              Glass half-full ... one game unbeaten streak!!!
                              Attaboy Aerman!!! Love that positive attitude! See you tonight!! We can relish the W..
                              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                                Attaboy Aerman!!! Love that positive attitude! See you tonight!! We can relish the W..
                                Coach’s Club after 😎
                                Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Working...
                                X