X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Days Since Last Mass Shooting: 0 - II

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    No way. It ain't going to happen. I haven't spoken to a single person that buys it after watching the video.
    As of reporting now it's a hung jury. They have been asked to try and break it but no dice yet. I'm willing to bet he gets off.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Are you serious? I thought that was Cosby.

Unbelievable. This might be the case that convinces me a cop can murder someone in cold blood and get off (and also get acquitted).
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Are you serious? I thought that was Cosby.

Unbelievable. This might be the case that convinces me a cop can murder someone in cold blood and get off (and also get acquitted).
        Just read it in the paper today. They got jury instructions all over again because as of now they're hung.

http://www.startribune.com/jurors-be...ial/428638893/
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Wonder if they will retry him, I'm assuming this ends with a hung jury. I can't imagine any of the jurors leaning towards no guilty will change their minds about the Scary Black Man. I think the best the prosecutors can get is a plea bargain to avoid a 2nd trial, and I wouldn't give very good odds on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
            um, that's completely consistent with what I wrote...to protect the community, make sure that, from an early age, everyone respects the damage a gun can do, knows how and when to use it responsibly, and knows how to store and maintain it safely.

Wyoming has very little gun-related violence, yet there are more guns than people there. Children are taught respect and careful use of guns from an early age. The noise and recoil alone, in a child's hands, are plenty impressive. You learn instinctively to fear what it can do when used improperly; you never use it for "self-expression" or for political commentary. You know how dangerous it can be and treat it accordingly.

Adolescents, on the other hand, think they will live forever and that nothing will ever harm them. Worst time in life to use a gun for the first time.
            Wyoming also has a population density of 6 people per square mile and a total population less than the Des Moines metropolitan area.

Something tells me that plays a bigger role than anything you just said.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
              Wyoming also has a population density of 6 people per square mile and a total population less than the Des Moines metropolitan area.

Something tells me that plays a bigger role than anything you just said.
              Maybe. Doesn't Minnesota have the same stat where there are more guns than people?
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Maybe. Doesn't Minnesota have the same stat where there are more guns than people?
                I believe as of this year, it's true for the entire country.

My point is gun violence is primarily an urban thing, and Wyoming lacks anything that counts as urban. (Cheyenne is smaller than most Big 10 football stadiums)

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  A large supply of M1 Garands should be coming on the market fairly soon. You need to be a member of a Civilian Marksmanship Program to be able to purchase one.

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sa...-requirements/
                  Can you please post where you found the announcement for those Garands, or PM me? I have a work friend who I'm sure would be interested, and he's qualified. Thanks.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                    I believe as of this year, it's true for the entire country.
                    IINM it's true for the entire world.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      I'm no gun nut but those are gorgeous.
                      My maternal grandfather got his hands on one in WWII. He never saw any battle action because he was a POW camp guard in the Philippines, so he wasn't issued one. One of the Marines that came through was headed home and didn't want anything to do with it.

They had a flaw, a loud pinging noise when the last round of the clip was fired. Announced to everyone you were out and had to reload. Of course our boys were smart and started carrying around empty clips. Fire a shot or two, flick an empty clip with their finger, see the enemy take a peek, BLAM.
                      Last edited by state of hockey; 06-16-2017, 08:56 AM.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                        My maternal grandfather got his hands on one in WWII. He never saw any battle action because he was a POW camp guard in the Philippines, so he wasn't issued one. One of the Marines that came through was headed home and didn't want anything to do with it.

They had a flaw, a loud pinging noise when the last round of the clip was fired. Announced to everyone you were out and had to reload. Of course our boys were smart and started carrying around empty clips. Fire a shot or two, flick and empty clip with their finger, see the enemy take a peek, BLAM.
                        My friend knew all about these. Apparently they are from Korea and being repatrioted. In between his Flagish anti-Obama argle bargle I gleaned that gun nuts have been wanting to get their mitts on these for a long, long time.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          My friend knew all about these. Apparently they are from Korea and being repatrioted. In between his Flagish anti-Obama argle bargle I gleaned that gun nuts have been wanting to get their mitts on these for a long, long time.
                          Sounds like a great plan for ISIS kind of domestic terrorism. Put lots of guns the hands of paranoid people with a hate agenda.

Reminds us of what "make america great, again" really references in terms of the time period they want.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Can you please post where you found the announcement for those Garands, or PM me? I have a work friend who I'm sure would be interested, and he's qualified. Thanks.
                            http://americanmilitarynews.com/2017...ds-philippines
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Thanks! These are not the ones he thought, he will be thrilled.

I asked him is he was CMP and he laughed. Later my co-worker told me he's actually placed at nationals and he was a sniper in active service. Yikes! I went shooting with him once and had no basis of comparison, but I guess it's unusual to hit the center of the bullseye with every shot at max distance with three different weapons.
                              Cornell University

Comment

My father had a standard Garand issued to him in basic training. He had a an M1C variant issued to him when he went to his "specialty school" after basic. He claimed the base model was more accurate because the mounts on M1C had a negative effect on operation (and accuracy) when rifle was warm from sustained fire. He only shot the M1D variant a couple times.

Then he admitted today's average hunting rifle in .30 is just as or more accurate.
                                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X