X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

Originally posted by capswon View Post
    Ok, so now that the "fire sale" has begun can the RPI program be placed at face value as a Princeton and UMASS respectively. I say this because UMASS has a new coach, sweeps clean with his new broom and sees marked improvement. Princeton has couple years under new coach, buys into "the system" and advances to the NCAA's. Curious as to what the masses may think. The pieces appear to be there, and I would agree the the 6 man unit in front of the goalie needs to be better. So I guess my optimism is high for the upcoming season because I see what these other two programs have achieved.
    Probably won't be a complete 180, but we should at least see a mark of good progress next year. A mark of good progress would show us in 7th or 8th. Better than that would be terrific, anything near where we were this past year would be disappointing and raise even more question marks around what the coach is doing. Even Princeton is still mid-pack right now, and got into the NC$$ through the league bid. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      If you don't believe in the mental importance, you need to pick up a copy of Ken Dryden's book. It's truly an encyclopedia on the position.

Again, I'm not at all blaming Marshall. A goaltender is only as good as the defense playing in front of him, and ours was really bad. Point being, barring a nagging injury we didn't know about, it's hard to figure how Perry didn't see any ice time.
      Ken Dryden lost the only college game which I saw him play. I wouldn't buy his book.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by capswon View Post
        Ok, so now that the "fire sale" has begun can the RPI program be placed at face value as a Princeton and UMASS respectively. I say this because UMASS has a new coach, sweeps clean with his new broom and sees marked improvement. Princeton has couple years under new coach, buys into "the system" and advances to the NCAA's. Curious as to what the masses may think. The pieces appear to be there, and I would agree the the 6 man unit in front of the goalie needs to be better. So I guess my optimism is high for the upcoming season because I see what these other two programs have achieved.
        Fogarty is in year 4 - and this year broke .500 overall, after 4,5 and 15 win seasons. No doubt the upside is high for that squad.

Carvel is in year 2. Too small of a sample size, but they improved from 5 wins to 17 in year two.
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

It's not about fault and I wasn't blaming Marshall (though he is prone to allowing a soft goal or two.). I like the kid and expect good things as he matures.

It's about changing the mindset of the team and giving your goalie a mental period/game off. You give the kid a mental night off to work the gate and watch the game ...for his mental health. A huge component of goaltending is mental and allowing ~23 goals in that 4 game stretch didn't accomplish much for Marshall. One man's opinion .
          I guess I will make it two men's opinion. He did not get the support he should have from the D and also from the coaches.
          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          Benjamin Franklin
          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
          Gary Player

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            Ken Dryden lost the only college game which I saw him play. I wouldn't buy his book.
            You're his kryptonite ....😜
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
              I guess I will make it two men's opinion. He did not get the support he should have from the D and also from the coaches.
              If he didn't have the support from the coaches, he wouldn't have still been playing game after game. VERY difficult to argue the former, though.

Comment

You're his kryptonite ....��
                No, Doug Hearns is.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I was at that game also. I still have the program in perfect shape (I others from 63-64 also if anyone is interested). I probably saw him play other games at HFH.

Comment

Congrats to Praps on his 1st Pro point tonight.... GOAL
                    #16 Shawn O'Donnell (18) ASST: #4 Chris Leone (16), #8 Michael Prapavessis (1)...... .https://www.echl.com/stats/game-center/15607

Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

RPI kicker Christian Kapp participated in Wagner's pro day today. Giants and Colts among teams there. He hit a long of 55 yards. Hoping for a camp invite.

https://www.rpiathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=12462

Comment

Originally posted by RPI67 View Post
                        I was at that game also. I still have the program in perfect shape (I others from 63-64 also if anyone is interested). I probably saw him play other games at HFH.
                        The only other game he played in Troy was two years earlier at the start of the 66-67 season. I don't recall being there and I could not find a program when I looked the last time this came up. Cornell did win that game.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 28 March 2018. There are 192 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 6 October 2018 for the start of next season.
                          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-27-2018, 11:12 PM.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

If you don't believe in the mental importance, you need to pick up a copy of Ken Dryden's book. It's truly an encyclopedia on the position.
                              And if you don't think that it is important to have the coaches have your back, see Patrick Roy.
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

Comment

Another potential NFL kicker?
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X