Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

Salvaged the weekend. Much better game tonight. Now back to league play on a positive note.

Comment

Yes much better.
      A lot more speed,... we came out real strong and made something happen but after the first 5 minutes MSU really controlled things. We sagged.
      We had some moments though and kept them off the board but we weren't all that great. The third goal was big and the 4th goal early in the third like that and then right after the 5th really changed things.

I would like to see us do a better job coming out of our own end against these type of forechecks. We had a number of times where we were in possession of the puck but didn't do much right away and allowed MSU to get in there and take it away.

But overall better, and fewer breakdowns. I wish Roy would not mouth off to the refs or otherwise get in trouble at the end of games like this.

The freshmen played fairly well. We were able to play 4 lines quite a bit. I thought we took a couple of unnecessary penalties in the third. MSU had kind of slowed down and wasn't playing as hard as they had earlier by then though. We really were focussed on face-offs and it showed.
      I sat next to a real nice girl from MSU who was the GF of one of the MSU players. She was not happy but was polite. Overall I thought the MSU people treated the Tech fans quite well.
      I was pretty surprised when MSU started their back up goalie in such an important game.
      Last edited by manurespreader; 11-05-2016, 10:26 PM.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Curious to see if any bad blood is left over from last season's Winter Carnival series. The Tech coaches were visibly upset about the Lakers playing loose and fast with the rules at the end of the Saturday game, resulting in that ugly exchange between Pearson and Whitten during the handshake. Considering this is the only time they meet this season, here's our best chance to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
          Curious to see if any bad blood is left over from last season's Winter Carnival series. The Tech coaches were visibly upset about the Lakers playing loose and fast with the rules at the end of the Saturday game, resulting in that ugly exchange between Pearson and Whitten during the handshake. Considering this is the only time they meet this season, here's our best chance to find out.
          Agreed. I just hope we don't get anyone hurt.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

So Mel mentioned a potential new recruit for goaltending to replace Wintjes on the roster. Anyone have any guesses? My top hope right now is Robbie Beydoun. Currently leads the USHL in GAA, SV% and was just named USHL player of the Week. He's from Plymouth, MI and plays on the same team as Jackson Cates: Waterloo. I have a couple more guesses but he seems like a probable target.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              Wasn't Al Karlander the first college player drafted in the NHL?
              Karlander was indeed the first player on a college roster to be selected (2nd round 17th overall by Detroit). Ken Dryden was drafted in 1964, but that was 2 years prior to his debut at Cornell. Herb, like Karlander, was also selected by the Wings in the 2nd round and 17th overall, this time in 1968. He was the first US born college player selected, and the third NCAA player ever, after Karlander & North Dakota's John Marks, who went 8 picks ahead of Boxer in '68.
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Today starts my new series, Recruiting Grounds, where I go in depth on many of the leagues where Michigan Tech gets their recruits. I decided to start with the Upper Midwest Elite League since it just finished and MTU just happen to have a commitment from this year's leading scorer. Please check it out because this took me ALOT of time to research and break down. I hope to kick out one of the every couple weeks at least. Special thanks to the guys at the Elite League for providing pictures and stats from 2010 to present. I wish I could have found 2007 and 2008 to get me data all the way back to 2005, but it was not to be found...
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  Today starts my new series, Recruiting Grounds, where I go in depth on many of the leagues where Michigan Tech gets their recruits. I decided to start with the Upper Midwest Elite League since it just finished and MTU just happen to have a commitment from this year's leading scorer. Please check it out because this took me ALOT of time to research and break down. I hope to kick out one of the every couple weeks at least. Special thanks to the guys at the Elite League for providing pictures and stats from 2010 to present. I wish I could have found 2007 and 2008 to get me data all the way back to 2005, but it was not to be found...
                  Your research is always meticulous.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                    Your research is always meticulous.

GFM
                    Thank you sir, now tweet that from your pedestal and get us more readers :P

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      Thank you sir, now tweet that from your pedestal and get us more readers :P
                      If I do that, people will ask me why we don't do the same.

GFM <— waiting to hear back from your team about helping out
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

BULLETIN BOARD
                        WCHA writer predicted Laker Sweep

Go Tech

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                          BULLETIN BOARD
                          WCHA writer predicted Laker Sweep

Go Tech
                          ????!!??? Hate to argue with the pros, but I guess I will. There will be a sweep, but it will be the Huskies with the broom.
                          Last edited by lawdoggies; 11-11-2016, 08:10 AM.

Comment

The Michigan Tech Huskies will sweep the Lake Superior State College of Michigan Technological University (Soo Tech) Lakers.
                            NOTE: This post may contain historical references unfamiliar to younger fans. Please consult World Book Encyclopedia volume "M" or Google it for further details.
                            Ryan J
                            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                            Originally posted by geezer
                            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                            Originally posted by manurespreader
                            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Our new write Nathaniel Brose previews the series starting tonight.

http://techhockeyguide.com/news/2016...-michigan-tech
                              Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                              What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

OK, so I will eat major amounts of crow here, this is a really really impressive team. Yes we still have a losing record, but now that they've gotten their legs under them and are gelling, this team is flat out dangerous. I think one of the biggest things is Redmond, he is impressing me beyond belief, he does not look like a freshman out there, and neither do any of the freshman really, they are all impressing the heck out of me. Reinke looks like a senior out there, poised on every play, never panics and rarely makes even a questionable play let alone a bad one, he is just insanely good. Gould looking good too, Gerrie and Smith also impressive. Jackson is so fast, the speed of Eick but much better hands and more skilled. Leibinger is a force to reckon with out there too, he is playing at an extremely high level for moving to forward this year. I am very high on this team right now.

I do have to say, I love both of Gould's goals, how lucky can you get, lol.
                                2005-2006: 7-25-6
                                2006-2007: 18-17-5
                                2007-2008: 14-20-5
                                2008-2009: 6-25-7
                                2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Working...
                                X