Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Recruiting edge over BC, yes. On ice? This year but not last year. Quinn and his staff are great recruiters. No question about it. I can understand people being frustrated by his coaching though. You are BU. you *should* make the tourney just about every year.
    Where is Quinn history was he condsidered a good coach? The Pro team he came from struggled. He coached Nebraska in weak competition. The National team has a number of coaches and grade a talent. So his best years came as # 2 to Parker. Doesn't have it Head coach leadership like.
    Norm Bazin. Just cannot relate to kids. BU has plenty of talent and fun to watch just not a team with a coach

Comment

• Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
      What narrative am I changing?...this is not an elite offensive D core despite what Twitter and the talking heads on TV say...and yes if a kid scores 3 goals in 2 games he shouldn't be sitting for a month on a team that struggles to score....but just keep rolling out McAvoy every other shift and enjoy another first round knockout when you should be a #1 seed
      Good job quoting that post there!!
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Recruiting edge over BC, yes. On ice? This year but not last year. Quinn and his staff are great recruiters. No question about it. I can understand people being frustrated by his coaching though. You are BU. you *should* make the tourney just about every year.
        The BC guy gets it...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike799 View Post
          People that are bashing Quinn should think back to the dumpster fire program that he took over four years ago. The program had just missed the tournament for the 3rd time in 4 seasons, was coming off the task force investigation/sex scandals and had a horrendous talent level. (Take a look at the roster the year Quinn took over. Dalton Macafee and TJ Ryan were regular defensemen.)

Since then, Quinn has taken the team to three straight tournaments, become best recruiting program in the country and quickly caught/past BC in recruiting and on ice.

Yes, his in game coaching has been suspect at time and I wish he would start getting more out of CM and JG, but the biggest flaw on this team is scoring depth. Particularly, scoring from upperclassmen forwards. Everyone would agree that to win championships you need a few upperclassmen scorers to balance things. The fact that this team has none is more of a reflection on the talent pool/recruiting that he was left with. I know that he technically recruited some of these Jr and Sr frwrds, but he was somewhat handcuffed because he was just hired.

Yes, I know Eichel helped speed up the rebuilding process.
          You don't get more out of players unless you hold them accountable..that isn't going to happen here...one of the reasons he is having such "success" on the recruiting trail is that the word is out...if I am an NHL draft pick or play for USA ice time will be given to me based on my resume not what I do at BU. What juniors and seniors who can play are going to stick around to be replaced by the latest NHL draft pick who will be handed their ice time?
          Last edited by BUtogether; 03-20-2017, 12:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            Good job quoting that post there!!
            Oh Wookie ..no clue what you are taking about....again

Comment

• Re: BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
              You don't get more out of players unless you hold them accountable..that isn't going to happen here...one of the reasons he is having such "success" on the recruiting trail is that the word is out...if I am an NHL draft pick or play for USA ice time will be given to me based on my resume not what I do at BU. What juniors and seniors who can play are going to stick around to be replaced by the latest NHL draft pick who will be handed their ice time?
              How do you explain Bellows missing multiple games and being on the 3rd line based on his play?

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                How do you explain Bellows missing multiple games and being on the 3rd line based on his play?
                Even if we all agree that
                A- coach doesn't like Bellows
                B. His play was poor early in season

Is it now not time to put Bellows and Keller together
                They were dynamite together last year
                He has even tried no goals Cloonan with Keller

Starting the season we returned few goals from last year
                O'Regan's strong year in AHL shows how valuable he was

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
                  Even if we all agree that
                  A- coach doesn't like Bellows
                  B. His play was poor early in season

Is it now not time to put Bellows and Keller together
                  They were dynamite together last year
                  He has even tried no goals Cloonan with Keller

Starting the season we returned few goals from last year
                  O'Regan's strong year in AHL shows how valuable he was
                  This looks like a haiku.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                    can't teach stupid
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      This looks like a haiku.
                      Harlem Globetrotters
                      With Quinn as their coach. Would lose
                      To the Generals

Good luck in the NCAAs. Tough draw but at least you're in. Someone always surprises to come out of one bracket, why not BU? (I'm not actually asking that, because I know BUTogether will have some 'answers')
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        Harlem Globetrotters
                        With Quinn as their coach. Would lose
                        To the Generals

Good luck in the NCAAs. Tough draw but at least you're in. Someone always surprises to come out of one bracket, why not BU? (I'm not actually asking that, because I know BUTogether will have some 'answers')
                        Thumbs up. Sure, that can be our rallying cry...#WhyNotBU

Comment

Can't believe I have more confidence in BU's chances to beat UND than most on this board.

Comment

Originally posted by MplsSioux View Post
                            Can't believe I have more confidence in BU's chances to beat UND than most on this board.
                            You haven't seen our team play the last month and a half, and whilst you could make the same argument about your team, your team DID just beat the best team in the country, and #1 overall, Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by MplsSioux View Post
                              Anything can happen in one game. Period. Especially hockey, where one bounce can change everything. But I think most people would agree that historically it is very rare that a team who is not playing well just "turns on the switch" and suddenly starts to win. What we are saying is that BU has been struggling (the last time they scored the first goal was, I believe, February 6). If they get behind Friday it will almost certainly be curtains. I'm not going to go back and check, but I would guess (and would probably be right more often than not) that if you took most of the national champions and looked at their results, they would have been trending "upwards" and/or playing well at the end of the season. So this, coupled with the fact that there probably won't be 100 BU fans there in a virtual Sioux (sorry, "Hawks") home game, seems to indicate it very unlikely that suddenly the Terriers are going to play the best game they've played in three months to pull this one out. As I said, anything can happen. But predictions are made on probabilities, and the probably of the Terriers winning this one seems to be small. By the way, has anyone mentioned that BU has been having trouble scoring goals?

Comment

Would we agree that if this game were at a true neutral site that BU would have an edge over ND? By any measurement, BU is the superior team, though I think ND is on the upswing.

The true threat is Duluth. I think BU has more problems with that team.

Last 10 games:

BU 5-4-1 incl. against 6 top-15 ranked teams, plus 2 against Northeastern that was playing like a ranked team in the second half.
                                ND 6-1 against 4 top-15 ranked teams, plus 2 against #20 Omaha.

Almost same record with SOS edge to BU in last ten.
                                Last edited by Tater; 03-20-2017, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X