X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.13 - CNN is still Fake News

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    No.
    -Trump reacts to the littlest slight (or nothing at all), chases down the person- or has his surrogate do it, seeks to destroy the person ....
    Again, it bears repeating how much don railed on "political correctness", but can't seem to deal with just words thrown at him.

Funny how that works out.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
      And that, unfortunately: he is the President of the most powerful nation on earth.
      And as David Gergen said, the first time a president of the United States has gone to a G-20 summit, and not been viewed as the leader.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        You realize Trump is the President right? It just isn't the same thing.
        Why does CNN feel the need to out the poster? Remember, I'm not agreeing with the poster's views, but he shouldn't be doxxed because he posted something about CNN. That really bothers me. The same way it bothers me that Trump goes after the media the way he does.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Why does CNN feel the need to out the poster? Remember, I'm not agreeing with the poster's views, but he shouldn't be doxxed because he posted something about CNN. That really bothers me. The same way it bothers me that Trump goes after the media the way he does.
          Apparently they don't, since they haven't.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
            And that, unfortunately: he is the President of the most powerful nation on earth.
            Well look at it this way, the longer trump is president, the less likely it is he is the president of the most powerful nation on Earth. After 4 years of this as sclown we will be greatly weakened.

Comment

This is another false equivalency. What CNN did as a cablecast network is not the same thing at all as what a president does. It's like if I punched someone in the mouth or Mike Tyson punches someone. I do it and they'll feel a little pain, probably have a fat lip. Mike Tyson does it and they'll probably have no teeth left, won't be able to open their mouth for a month and will have a headache that might never go away.

As for the people like the guy CNN sort of outed, I have exactly zero sympathy. If you post or say out loud your bigoted and racist views, I say you should be outed completely. I don't care one whit if someone like that suffers.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                Apparently they don't, since they haven't.
                Give him a break. Thinking is hard.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                  This is another false equivalency. What CNN did as a cablecast network is not the same thing at all as what a president does. It's like if I punched someone in the mouth or Mike Tyson punches someone. I do it and they'll feel a little pain, probably have a fat lip. Mike Tyson does it and they'll probably have no teeth left, won't be able to open their mouth for a month and will have a headache that might never go away.

As for the people like the guy CNN sort of outed, I have exactly zero sympathy. If you post or say out loud your bigoted and racist views, I say you should be outed completely. I don't care one whit if someone like that suffers.
                  Whoa whoa whoa. I'm NOT talking about his other posts. I'm talking about the ONE WWE post he did. That's it. Nothing else. That set CNN off, and then they found all this other crap. If CNN didn't go off about that WWE post, no, we prob wouldn't have heard about that other BS he was spouting off about.

I want to make that perfectly clear.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

Not to mention that this guy is the type of internet scum who revel in doxxing people that say things they don't like.

Comment

because in doing so they neuter him. Trump is not the only one reposting. They put people on notice that if they were going to do stuff like that there could be consequences. They didn't out him. They threatened to do so if he did something like that again. I have zero sympathy for him. He is a little man who hides behind his keyboard and he isn't posting things about pretty ponies. He has a choice- own up to the slime he is willing to post anonymously or stop. Again- no problem with that.

Whoa whoa whoa. I'm NOT talking about his other posts. I'm talking about the ONE WWE post he did. That's it. Nothing else. That set CNN off, and then they found all this other crap. If CNN didn't go off about that WWE post, no, we prob wouldn't have heard about that other BS he was spouting off about.

What set CNN off was not this guy but the fact the President posted something depicting violence against them. HUGE difference. The guy was a tool. They took the tool out of circulation.

Comment

To me, media is open to criticism, just like any other public entity. Trump attacks the media (which I think is stupid, given his reasons) it's bad. But when media decides to out a poster it is A-OK? Hypocritical. Ignore the insult, move on. CNN is doing exactly what we are all mocking Trump for, but in CNN's case, it's somehow ok. That doesn't sit right with me.

Comment

Can't divorce the two.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Can't divorce the two.
                            IF they went after him for that other stuff only, fine and dandy. They didn't. They went after him because he, for lack of better phrasing, insulted them. THEN they found all that other stuff. I have a problem with that first part. CNN should have taken the insult, not reacted to it, and moved on. But somehow, they decided to attack the criticizer and bury him (sound familiar?).

Comment

To me, media is open to criticism, just like any other public entity. Trump attacks the media (which I think is stupid, given his reasons) it's bad. But when media decides to out a poster it is A-OK? Hypocritical. Ignore the insult, move on. CNN is doing exactly what we are all mocking Trump for, but in CNN's case, it's somehow ok. That doesn't sit right with me.
                              -They did not out the poster.
                              - There is a massive difference between criticism of the coverage of what the media is doing and posting things depicting violence regarding the network.
                              - I don't consider it hypocritical for them to investigate an act by the president. I fully believe they would have tried to find the guy even if he had done this to another network. It was way over the line and this kind of stupid is crying out to be investigated. You have a President doing wacko things, they cover it. The only hypocrisy would be NOT publishing the name and giving the guy a chance.

-Struggling to understand your point of view. I can't understand why you don't get the difference. With the way he manipulates things at some point we are going to have another looney like the guy in the pizza parlor only this time the target will be the press and bad stuff is going to happen. CNN would be foolish to pass up an opportunity to make people think twice. NPR has done a few pieces on how crazy it is if you report something that is unfavorable. Do a search and see just how scary these people are.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                                Jeez... that "liberal media" is just out of control...
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X