This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
    If BU's website is to be believed, Scott Young graduated CAS '87. Not that that helps Sacco, just saying.

Edit: Didn't even realize he was only there for two years. Clearly some shenanigans going on then.
    Why do you say that? He could’ve gone back to complete his degree. You don’t know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      Why do you say that? He could’ve gone back to complete his degree. You don’t know.
      Coulda
      But prolly not class of 87
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: BU season thread volume 3.1 cause board/priceless/tippycanoe deleted ours

Does the next head coach absolutely, positively have to be a BU alum? Like would they not even consider approaching Bazin?
        2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
        2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
          Does the next head coach absolutely, positively have to be a BU alum? Like would they not even consider approaching Bazin?
          Basin in Denver already
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            So who is the next coach?
            Scott Young

Edit: just my prediction. No preference or knowledge implied.
            Last edited by ericredaxe; 05-19-2018, 01:32 PM.

Comment

I would offer Albie the job. If for no other reason, more likely to keep current recruits coming in. But I have confidence that he would do a good job.

If Quinn is really gone, good luck to him. But talk about jumping into the fire. I feel like Montreal and Toronto are the only two markets where the potential for high pressure and a short run are greater.

At least with Quinn, he has been in the NHL coaching environment and has been a professional head coach, so he knows what he is getting in to. That was always one of the things that made the Parker to the Bruins thing seem like an odd situation.
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                Scott Young

Edit: just my prediction. No preference or knowledge implied.
                I have no idea, but to me, he doesn't fit the mold. Seems too quiet.
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Albie would be a terrible head coach. He is the guy who is a great recruiter but I dont think he knows the first thing about how to manage a team or x's and o's. If I were making the hire I would take a long look at Jay Pandolfo or Clark Donatelli. Someone who has been a head coach (Donatelli not Pandolfo), or Sacco, someone with head coach experience who will know how to manage all of the BU talent. Keep Albie on as an assistant, but he's the guy who can go get the recruits. The head coach needs to be able to manage those players. The best recruiters very rarely make good head coaches.

If they want to go outside the box, Jerry Keefe runs the northeastern team. I don't think Madigan does much at all. At least not from what people have told me. Keefe runs that whole program so he would be a guy who should get a long and good look.
                  Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
                    Albie would be a terrible head coach. He is the guy who is a great recruiter but I dont think he knows the first thing about how to manage a team or x's and o's. If I were making the hire I would take a long look at Jay Pandolfo or Clark Donatelli. Someone who has been a head coach (Donatelli not Pandolfo), or Sacco, someone with head coach experience who will know how to manage all of the BU talent. Keep Albie on as an assistant, but he's the guy who can go get the recruits. The head coach needs to be able to manage those players. The best recruiters very rarely make good head coaches.

If they want to go outside the box, Jerry Keefe runs the northeastern team. I don't think Madigan does much at all. At least not from what people have told me. Keefe runs that whole program so he would be a guy who should get a long and good look.
                    Half of BU nation would drop dead if they ever hired anyone outside of BU. I'm glad they wouldn't consider anyone outside of BU, NU gets to keep Keefe.

Comment

Originally posted by huskies31 View Post
                      Half of BU nation would drop dead if they ever hired anyone outside of BU. I'm glad they wouldn't consider anyone outside of BU, NU gets to keep Keefe.
                      It's definitely not a foregone conclusion that BU will stay "in the family" but there's also a sizeable pool of very qualified candidates within that family. Albie's been a collegiate assistant for the last 14 years and has spearheaded BU's recent recruiting prowess. Pandolfo is an NHL veteran and current NHL assistant. Sacco has lengthy experience in the NHL at the HC and assistant level. Any college hockey AD would be a fool to ignore three candidates with those resumes.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Would Parker come back for one year?
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
                          So Coach Quinn, who most here would agree is a great recruiter has not been a good head coach? And if the top recruiters rarely make good head coaches why did Merrimack hire Coach Borak?

If Coach Quinn leaves I think BU should promote Albie to head coach. Doing so would provide continuity for the program and could keep most of the incoming and future recruits headed to BU. He has also remained in the college coaching ranks for the past 15 years, which indicates that he wants to stay in the college ranks. If he had wanted to enter the pro ranks I think it highly likely he would have already done so (i.e., Steve Greeley). Furthermore, if BU were to hire someone else as the next head coach it is highly likely he would not remain with BU, which would probably disrupt everything that Coach Quinn and his staff have done over the past five seasons. Finally, I think if he become the head coach of BU he will stay until he retires or is fired because for him I think it is the ultimate job he wants. The last time BU promoted from within it worked out pretty well.

On the other hand, Joe Sacco has been a pro coach his entire coaching career, including a NHL head coach, and if the NBC announcers are to be believed he will likely he a NHL head coach again, sooner rather than later. If BU were to hire him they would likely lose Albie immediately and in all probability would lose Sacco a few years later when a NHL team came calling.

Sean
                          Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                          BU Hockey highlights and extras
                          NCAA Hockey Financials
                          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                          I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• If Quinn leaves.. do not forget Mike Grier. He IS Head Coach material. Very knowledgeable & BU guy all the way.
                            Solid guy who gets it. Anyway, g'luck should be interesting few days & weeks to come.
                            GO NU HOCKEY
                            Always bullish on the future.
                            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Neal Boudette's story for the NY Times
                              http://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/19/sp...vid-quinn.html
                              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Quinn ..Rangers HC. done
                                GO NU HOCKEY
                                Always bullish on the future.
                                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X