X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Gophers 2018-2019

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Think some of the incoming FY Fs will be red shirted?
    That is a good question...Probably needs to be redirected to the Sconnie expertise that sometimes graces us with their presence.

Gunderson, Peiper, and Smith won't see the ice much at all and Keller could also see her minutes diminished coming back from injury. Another question is how will Taylor Williamson's health be next year? Definitely more competition next year than this past year. My opinion is that Skarzynski should be in the mix at D not a forward but we will see what happens there.
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
      If Frost doesn't run four lines out there next year, I may just give up in frustration.
      The pieces are in place, so to speak, to do this...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
        That is a good question...Probably needs to be redirected to the Sconnie expertise that sometimes graces us with their presence.
        Rarely a week goes by that I don't learn a new word or expression that I haven't seen before. Sconnie? Much more polite than cheesehead. Don Riley would not approve though.
        Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-22-2018, 12:40 PM. Reason: Talk about your euphemisms!
        "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
          Rarely a week goes by that I don't learn a new word or expression that I haven't seen before. Sconnie? Much more polite than cheesehead. Don Riley would not approve.
          Wrong. Sconnie is an insult. Cheesehead is a compliment.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            See what I mean. Barely 6 minutes and I've already learned something else new from the women's college hockey fan forum.
            Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-22-2018, 12:55 PM. Reason: My brains on overload! I'm going back to the Twins game on ESPN2.
            "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Wrong. Sconnie is an insult.
              Nope...Check this out enlarged liver man...It's an identity.

https://sconnie.com/

Comment

Rumor has it Frosty is a candidate for the men's job.
                Actually, no, but your second favorite former Gopher and winning womens coach has been mentioned seriously.

Two other serious mentions are Grant Potulny and Motzko. I assume MN can well outpay SCSU but he has been so successful up there I wonder if the money would make him change his mind. I also wonder if this is the year they give up on the MN only recruiting. It was critical to the development of hockey in Minnesota and has been wildly successful at that. But, the game has changed & college hockey is now just another NHL minor league and winning is the only thing. It may be time.

Comment

Sconnie it is.

Comment

I was wondering if either (or both) of DAngelo and May would take a redshirt this past year.

Comment

The whole "Sconnie" thing happened just before or was just happening when I moved back to Madison in late 2008. I had no idea, so I remember asking somebody and being told, or reading somewhere that a "Sconnie" was specifically a UW student from Minnesota, here taking advantage of the reciprocity agreement. How accurate that was I don't know, but it clearly doesn't have that meaning anymore. So I don't know if I'd call it an insult, exactly, but ...

Comment

Originally posted by OldDave View Post
                        I was wondering if either (or both) of DAngelo and May would take a redshirt this past year.
                        I assume that May is the 'practice goalie' and would not redshirt. D'Angelo was injured I believe and I would expect her to be a medical redshirt but have no information one way or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                          The whole "Sconnie" thing happened just before or was just happening when I moved back to Madison in late 2008. I had no idea, so I remember asking somebody and being told, or reading somewhere that a "Sconnie" was specifically a UW student from Minnesota, here taking advantage of the reciprocity agreement. How accurate that was I don't know, but it clearly doesn't have that meaning anymore. So I don't know if I'd call it an insult, exactly, but ...
                          I heard the term about 2010 just referring to America's Dairylanders. If it ever was an insult it didn't stay that for long as I have heard sconnies call themselves that. Maybe it is like 'canuck' an insult at one time that was adopted and now even names a team in their nation game.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                            a "Sconnie" was specifically a UW student from Minnesota, here taking advantage of the reciprocity agreement. How accurate that was I don't know, but it clearly doesn't have that meaning anymore. So I don't know if I'd call it an insult, exactly, but ...
                            Well then, it's not an insult at all but a nickname for someone who had enough brains to get the blank out of rodensota. I know the nickname for someone who goes to school in MN who is from WI.....LOSER.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Well then, it's not an insult at all but a nickname for someone who had enough brains to get the blank out of rodensota. I know the nickname for someone who goes to school in MN who is from WI.....LOSER.
                              When you say "Sconnie"
                              You start a brawl...

CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I know the nickname for someone who goes to school in MN who is from WI.....LOSER.
                                You just can't let the Kessel thing go, can you?

Comment

Working...
                                X