X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey III

http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/activitypage.asp?actnum=460

Click the blue colored "B" at far right for section brackets. Don't know if they're all seeded yet. If not, they'll show up soon I would think.
    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Tuesday, Feb. 16, Aldrich Arena, Section 4AA Semifinals.
      Back to back games (6:00 and 8:00) are two of the most hated rivalries in girls' hockey right now. We're always lucky to get treated to these 4 in this section year after year, but the way this one lines up on Tuesday is just perfect.
      To wit:
      As if this one needed any more fuel, this past Saturday in the regular season finale Stillwater got hosed vs. Roseville when a go ahead goal was not allowed in the tie game with about 3 minutes left. The officials thought the SW girl kicked the puck in (she didn't). Coach Scheid's head turned bright red and appeared like it was going to explode. Then Roseville scored the game winner with around a minute left, and added an empty netter to make it feel just a little worse. SW will want to destroy NSP on Friday just to make sure they get another piece of Roseville.
      Hill Murray vs. White Bear -- HM's all-world first line of Brandt, Brandt, and Doyle all hail from White Bear Lake. 'Nuff said about that one.

Comment

Originally posted by capitalist View Post
        Tuesday, Feb. 16, Aldrich Arena, Section 4AA Semifinals.
        Back to back games (6:00 and 8:00) are two of the most hated rivalries in girls' hockey right now. We're always lucky to get treated to these 4 in this section year after year, but the way this one lines up on Tuesday is just perfect.
        To wit:
        As if this one needed any more fuel, this past Saturday in the regular season finale Stillwater got hosed vs. Roseville when a go ahead goal was not allowed in the tie game with about 3 minutes left. The officials thought the SW girl kicked the puck in (she didn't). Coach Scheid's head turned bright red and appeared like it was going to explode. Then Roseville scored the game winner with around a minute left, and added an empty netter to make it feel just a little worse. SW will want to destroy NSP on Friday just to make sure they get another piece of Roseville.
        Hill Murray vs. White Bear -- HM's all-world first line of Brandt, Brandt, and Doyle all hail from White Bear Lake. 'Nuff said about that one.
        Great action toughtest AA Section in the State and agree with your observations however there is a set of games before the ones you post.....WB vs CDH, Tartan vs. HM no love between either of those schools....at this time of year you can't look by anybody - just ask the 4AA teams about CDH two years ago - no one thought they had a chance!

Hey anyone know why the MN Girls HS Forum is down?

Comment

You're right we shouldn't look past the first round, but each of these teams wants it so bad I don't think they will let anything get in the way of Tuesday. But yes, I should have waited.

By the way, anybody who is free Friday night should make an attempt to go see the HM-Tartan game if they have never seen Kait Rolando play. This will likely be her last HS game. I think she's among the best I've ever seen. A couple other senior goalies who are considered 'special' had uneven seasons--but not her. From all reports she has been stellar all year.

And CDH two years ago should never have been considered a surprise. They had 3 D1 seniors and a near-D1 goalie. Their record wasn't great only because Wild was off playing with the US 18 team quite a bit and Jondal could only join the squad in January. Their isn't anything going on like that this year.

Comment

Sections 7AA & 7A seedings and playoff schedule from the Duluth NT:

"7AA/7A HSGH Playoffs
            The most intriguing early matchup is fifth-seeded Duluth playing at No. 4 Cloquet-Esko-Carlton in a Section 7AA quarterfinal Thursday. CEC won 2-0 and tied 3-3 in the teams' regular-season meetings and another close, low-scoring game is the likely result. Elk River-Zimmerman received the top seed over Proctor-Hermantown-Marshall.
            In Section 7A, Eveleth-Gilbert Area (20-4-1) -- the only team with a winning record -- received the No. 1 seed and is favored to repeat as champions.
            The complete schedule is below.

SECTION 7AA
            Thursday's Quarterfinals
            No. 8 St. Francis-North Branch (4-19) at No. 1 Elk River-Zimmerman (20-2-3)
            No. 5 Duluth (11-12-2) at No. 4 Cloquet-Esko-Carlton (12-8-5)
            No. 7 Cambridge-Isanti (2-22-2) at No. 2 Proctor-Hermantown-Marshall (17-6-2)
            No. 6 Forest Lake (10-14-1) at No. 3 Grand Rapids-Greenway (10-13-2)

Saturday’s Semifinals
            At High Seed
            Cloquet-Esko-Carlton/Duluth winner vs. Elk River-Zimmerman/St. Francis-North Branch, TBA
            Grand Rapids-Greenway/Forest Lake winner vs. Proctor-Hermantown-Marshall/Cambridge-Isanti winner, TBA

Thursday, Feb. 18
            Championship
            At Heritage Center
            Semifinal winners, 7 p.m.

SECTION 7A
            Thursday’s Quarterfinals
            At 7 p.m.
            No. 8 Babbitt-Embarrass (7-14) at No. 1 Eveleth-Gilbert Area (20-4-1)
            No. 5 Moose Lake Area (11-13) at No. 4 Hibbing-Chisholm (4-20-1)
            No. 7 Silver Bay Area (7-17-1) at No. 2 Chisago Lakes Area (9-13-3)
            No. 6 International Falls (11-11-3) at No. 3 Princeton (6-11-7)

Tuesday, Feb. 16
            Semifinals
            At Cloquet
            Hibbing-Chisholm/Moose Lake Area winner vs. Eveleth-Gilbert Area/Babbitt-Embarrass winner, 6 p.m.
            Princeton/International Falls winner vs. Chisago Lakes Area/Silver Bay Area winner, 8 p.m.

Friday, Feb. 19
            Championship
            At Cloquet
            Semifinal winners, 7 p.m.
            Posted by: Rick Weegman on 2/8/2010 at 7:43 PM"

Comment

You're right we shouldn't look past the first round, but each of these teams wants it so bad I don't think they will let anything get in the way of Tuesday. But yes, I should have waited.

By the way, anybody who is free Friday night should make an attempt to go see the HM-Tartan game if they have never seen Kait Rolando play. This will likely be her last HS game. I think she's among the best I've ever seen. A couple other senior goalies who are considered 'special' had uneven seasons--but not her. From all reports she has been stellar all year.

And CDH two years ago should never have been considered a surprise. They had 3 D1 seniors and a near-D1 goalie. Their record wasn't great only because Wild was off playing with the US 18 team quite a bit and Jondal could only join the squad in January. Their isn't anything going on like that this year.
              Agree on Rolando she is very good well deserving of Ms Goalie finalist and always plays HM tough - game between Tartan and HM is actual on the 10th at St. Croix not Friday:

WB versus CDH @ StillwaterArena Wednesday Feb. 10, 2010...5:30 PM
              HM versus Tartan @ Stilwater Arena Wednesday Feb. 10, 2010...7:30 PM

Comment

Originally posted by AncientOne View Post
                SECTION 7A
                Thursday’s Quarterfinals
                At 7 p.m.
                No. 8 Babbitt-Embarrass (7-14) at No. 1 Eveleth-Gilbert Area (20-4-1)
                No. 5 Moose Lake Area (11-13) at No. 4 Hibbing-Chisholm (4-20-1)
                No. 7 Silver Bay Area (7-17-1) at No. 2 Chisago Lakes Area (9-13-3)
                No. 6 International Falls (11-11-3) at No. 3 Princeton (6-11-7)
                I'd heard that this section was down this year, but 4 wins is enough to get a home quarter? Ouch.
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                  I'd heard that this section was down this year, but 4 wins is enough to get a home quarter? Ouch.
                  Thanks ARM -- I didn't notice it until you pointed it out. Hard to believe! Checked their record on the MSHSL web site and it's true! See below:

Schedule
                  11/17/2009 Proctor/Hermantown/Marshallsch 1 - 11 L
                  11/20/2009 Roseville Area 0 - 10 L
                  11/21/2009 White Bear Lake Area 0 - 5 L
                  11/27/2009 Blaine High School 0 - 6 L
                  11/28/2009 Alexandria 2 - 2 T
                  12/1/2009 Duluth Northern Stars 2 - 1 W
                  12/4/2009 Babbitt-Embarrass Knights 5 - 1 W
                  12/8/2009 C-E-C Lumberjacks 1 - 4 L
                  12/10/2009 Eveleth-Gilbert 1 - 2 L
                  12/15/2009 International Falls H.S. 1 - 2 L
                  12/19/2009 Chisago Lakes Area 2 - 3 L
                  12/22/2009 Bemidji 1 - 3 L
                  12/31/2009 South Saint Paul 0 - 5 L
                  1/1/2010 Eastview 0 - 2 L
                  1/2/2010 Crookston High School Pirates 1 - 5 L
                  1/5/2010 Grand Rapids-Greenway 0 - 9 L
                  1/8/2010 Eveleth-Gilbert 2 - 3 L
                  1/12/2010 Duluth Northern Stars 2 - 4 L
                  1/15/2010 Roseau 1 - 6 L
                  1/16/2010 Crookston High School Pirates 2 - 5 L
                  1/21/2010 Proctor/Hermantown/Marshallsch 0 - 7 L
                  1/26/2010 SilverB/Two H/Cook Cty 4 - 2 W
                  1/28/2010 International Falls H.S. 3 - 1 W
                  2/1/2010 C-E-C Lumberjacks 0 - 1 L
                  2/5/2010 Grand Rapids-Greenway 1 - 2 L

Must have been an interesting Section meeting to decide the seedings!

Comment

Section 4AA - St Croix Tonight

White Bear 3-Cretin Derham Hall 2 (WB came from behind to win)
                    Hill Murray 11 - Tartan 2

Comment

Originally posted by AncientOne View Post
                      Grand Rapids-Greenway/Forest Lake winner vs. Proctor-Hermantown
                      I thought I heard Dana Gallop suffered an injury recently. Hope that's not true...or if true, she mends quickly.

Keep an eye on JC of ER/Zimmerman!
                      Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by joehockey View Post
                        Section 4AA - St Croix Tonight

White Bear 3-Cretin Derham Hall 2 (WB came from behind to win)
                        Hill Murray 11 - Tartan 2
                        I think we're gonna see some barn burning tilts in 4AA in the next round...and the final obviously.

Most brackets are being updated in a timely manner:

http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/activitypage.asp?actnum=460
                        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Sorry about the false advertising concerning Kaitlyn Rolando. I didn't realize she was out the last couple of games and didn't play last night.

Comment

Sorry about the false advertising concerning Kaitlyn Rolando. I didn't realize she was out the last couple of games and didn't play last night.
                            The 8th grade goalie last night for Tartan played very well - HM came hard in the first and thrid and Tartan's speed didn't match up. I was sorry for all that Rolando had to finish her HS carreer in street sweats on the bench she is truly one of the best goalies in MN and one that to few have seen or know about.

Comment

Here are your top 5 for Senior Goalie.
                              http://www.letsplayhockey.com/2010seniorgoalie5.html

Comment

Originally posted by GoGoGophers View Post
                                Here are your top 5 for Senior Goalie.
                                http://www.letsplayhockey.com/2010seniorgoalie5.html
                                With pictures:

http://www.letsplayhockey.com/1004cover.pdf
                                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X