X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2nd verse same as the first 2016-2017

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Timmy's 3 wouldn't make the 4th line on either DU or umd

I disagree. If you review Tim's rosters, he had at least some top-end talent most every year, and Red has recruited nobody cut from the same cloth.

Bring back TIMMAY!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
      I disagree. If you review Tim's rosters, he had at least some top-end talent most every year, and Red has recruited nobody cut from the same cloth.

Bring back TIMMAY!!!!
      I'm talking about this year's 3. Both of those teams play physical d, DU not as much as UMD. Timmy's teams after grant never touched anyone or they were benched
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Bring back TIMMAY!!!!
        I'm afraid Tim's not walking through the door. Overall, Tim's team's were far better than Gendron's. Gendron's best year was with Tim's players. Tim just won the Elite Eight Championship with a team who had not won the title for 35 years. He is competing with other schools who recruit players from all over the world and he did it in 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
          I'm afraid Tim's not walking through the door. Overall, Tim's team's were far better than Gendron's. Gendron's best year was with Tim's players. Tim just won the Elite Eight Championship with a team who had not won the title for 35 years. He is competing with other schools who recruit players from all over the world and he did it in 4 years.
          Tim is doing a great job at his new school. Maybe he learned something in Orono? Maybe he is at a level he can be successful at? Tims best years in Orono were with Shawns recruits. Orono is in tough shape, the reign of Maine hockey is over, likely forever unless the school makes it so someone can succeed. With the current budget woes, I don't see it happening. Red has one more season before the unrest in Orono becomes really vocal or worse dead silence and the program is really done.

Comment

Tim is doing a great job at his new school. Maybe he learned something in Orono? Maybe he is at a level he can be successful at? Tims best years in Orono were with Shawns recruits. Orono is in tough shape, the reign of Maine hockey is over, likely forever unless the school makes it so someone can succeed. With the current budget woes, I don't see it happening. Red has one more season before the unrest in Orono becomes really vocal or worse dead silence and the program is really done.
            TW is in the right place for him...and the Maine Hockey Program picture does not look good now or in the future (sadly)...as you said they need to turn to someone that they will work with and make it worth while...this Athletic Department has to go the way of Merrimack/ Providence/ UMass-Lowell and put someone in charge that KNOWS the way a Hockey Program should be run...the later 3 schools have changed for the better with people in charge that have the hockey sense. Will it happen...???...I don't see it happening soon. And a influx of money would help, but the days of Deep Pocket Donors have gone by the way side...at least towards the hockey program. And even if you have the money, if you have the wrong people in place then your still in trouble. Messy picture to say the least.

Comment

The big question will be if Timmy gets a college job after his kids are grown. If he goes somewhere with resources and he does well, we're all going to look like azzholes

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
              43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
              104-47-14 (.669) in that time
              3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                The big question will be if Timmy gets a college job after his kids are grown. If he goes somewhere with resources and he does well, we're all going to look like azzholes
                So Maine should have kept him? Because he is doing well coaching a prep school team.

Comment

So Maine should have kept him? Because he is doing well coaching a prep school team.
                  You appear to be demeaning the New England Prep School leagues. Not sure if that is your intent. These schools have elite players that go on to play for division 1 schools. I believe Tim has around 10 of them at Kimball Union. He not only recruited them but is also responsible for fund raising. I think it would be very interesting to see him eventually go on to coach a division 1 college team and be successful.

Comment

. He not only recruited them but is also responsible for fund raising. l.
                    He wasn't good at either one at UMaine

Comment

I think that speaks volumes about Maine......

Comment

I think that speaks volumes about Maine......
                        It might as it appears the next coach isn't good at it either. Without a Dale Lick type president its probably going to continue

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          My problem with TW was as the years went by he lost any motivation or enthusiasm for the program, he lost control of the program, lost control of the players, the team sort of did what they wanted, lost team discipline, and worse of all lost Grant. Ill never understand the Grant break up. The year he made Joey Diamond the co capt, give me a break.

Maybe TW is having a new career development.

Comment

That may well be true, but according to Maine's 2010-16 NCAA Financial reports Coach Whitehead was better at fundraisng three of his last four seasons than Coach Gendron was in his first three:
                            Coach Whitehead
                            2010 - $131,665
                            2011 - $193,601
                            2012 - $131,592
                            2013 - $ 90,361
                            Average - $136,805
                            Coach Gendron
                            2014 - $ 97,078
                            2015 - $105,001
                            2016 - $150,002
                            Average - $117,360

Not that either is very good. BU raised $254,506 in 24 hours on their annual giving day less than two weeks ago on 5 April. Of the public schools I have at least one NCAA Financial report for Maine ranks 14th out of 22 in average contributions.

Sean
                            Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                            BU Hockey highlights and extras
                            NCAA Hockey Financials
                            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                              That may well be true, but according to Maine's 2010-16 NCAA Financial reports Coach Whitehead was better at fundraisng three of his last four seasons than Coach Gendron was in his first three:
                              Coach Whitehead
                              2010 - $131,665
                              2011 - $193,601
                              2012 - $131,592
                              2013 - $ 90,361
                              Average - $136,805
                              Coach Gendron
                              2014 - $ 97,078
                              2015 - $105,001
                              2016 - $150,002
                              Average - $117,360

Not that either is very good. BU raised $254,506 in 24 hours on their annual giving day less than two weeks ago on 5 April. Of the public schools I have at least one NCAA Financial report for Maine ranks 14th out of 22 in average contributions.

Sean
                              You have compiled lots of interesting data, Sean. BU being able to raise a quarter of a million dollars in one day is remarkable. Thanks for all of your time and effort in gathering this information. Including all of your attendance numbers by the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                No it was time for him to go. But if we continue to suck and he goes somewhere and wins, we are definitely going to LOOK like azzholes. Lol.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                                43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                                104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                                3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Working...
                                X