NFL 2018.1 The off season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Fine, I just generally think playoffs that aren't structured like the MLB, NHL, or NBA are dumb. They give you hot teams not the best teams
    In a 4 team league, there's not really a choice
    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Re: NFL 2018.1 The off season

I get that.

Just let me have my soapbox dammit
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        I get that.

Just let me have my soapbox dammit
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

The Anthony Barr hit on Aaron Rodgers that broke his collarbone last year will be a penalty this year. Call it the "Green Bay Packers QB is a *****" rule.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            The Anthony Barr hit on Aaron Rodgers that broke his collarbone last year will be a penalty this year. Call it the "Green Bay Packers QB is a *****" rule.
            How do you figure?
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              How do you figure?
              In a briefing with reporters on new NFL rules and points of emphasis for the 2018 season, referee Pete Morelli said the hit Barr delivered to Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers last Oct. 15 — which broke Rodgers’ right collarbone and caused him to miss nine games last season — would now be a penalty, under Rule 12, Article 9 of the NFL’s rule book that prevents defenders from landing on a quarterback with all or most of their body weight while the quarterback is in a defenseless position.
              http://www.startribune.com/anthony-b...son/489908391/
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

That's ****ing stupid. How would any sack from the blindside not violate that rule?
                Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  That's ****ing stupid. How would any sack from the blindside not violate that rule?
                  You better not land on him. That'll be 15 yards.

Comment

IDK, they're pretending to care about safety (for the star players obviously).

I think it's better than nothing in the sense that fans pay big money to see the star players and if they can avoid unnecessary hits and injuries it's a good thing. The same is true in the NHL, though they don't even pretend to care about their star players with their weak suspensions and zero deterrence of bad behavior. The NFL's model isn't ideal but I'll take it over the NHL's.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                      IDK, they're pretending to care about safety (for the star players obviously).

I think it's better than nothing in the sense that fans pay big money to see the star players and if they can avoid unnecessary hits and injuries it's a good thing.
                      What was Barr supposed to do there - hug him? It wasn't an unnecessary hit even if it was an unfortunate resultt.

Comment

In Barr's case it reminded me of some of the hits you see in hockey where you "finish your check" despite the fact that the puck is gone and the hit doesn't really serve any purpose. That said I get that the game is played fast and it was a pretty bang bang play. In terms of NFL hits it wasn't particularly egregious and I doubt there was any intent to injure.

IDK, we heard a ton of pushback when the made rules against leading with your head, hitting defenseless receivers, some of the rules that already existed IRT hits on QB's etc. I think this is just a continuation of those rules.

Comment

It wasn’t egregious at all. It was a soft hit by nfl standards.
                          Code:

Comment

Agreed, I just think the NFL is in a tough spot trying to make a very unsafe sport slightly less unsafe and keep Star players on the field (though there’s about a million other things they could do like shortening the schedule and not having Thursday games etc. so it’s very hypocritical).

Comment

With how many times Rodgers has managed to scramble or spin and pitch the thing off for a first down against the Vikings, I don't blame Barr for not taking any chances.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                                Agreed, I just think the NFL is in a tough spot trying to make a very unsafe sport slightly less unsafe and keep Star players on the field (though there’s about a million other things they could do like shortening the schedule and not having Thursday games etc. so it’s very hypocritical).
                                I’d dump everything but Sunday games, double or triple the byes, and cut the games by four.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X