• Re: Minnesota Women's Hockey 2015-2016 (Part 2) -- Amanda Kessel Enhanced

Gophers Invited to USA Training Camp
    http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...052416aaa.html

Leveille Reflects on Gophers Career
    http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...052516aaa.html
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Super Gopher Women's Hockey fan aka "The Walker" wearing his 2016 GWH championship t shirt sang the Minnesota Rouser in Trafalgar Square, London today at 7:03 PM, 1:03 PM Minnesota time. No word if there was any response from Lord Nelson or others at the scene, but two of his friends in Minnesota enjoyed hearing it on their cell phone.
      "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

• Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
        Super Gopher Women's Hockey fan aka "The Walker" wearing his 2016 GWH championship t shirt sang the Minnesota Rouser in Trafalgar Square, London today at 7:03 PM, 1:03 PM Minnesota time. No word if there was any response from Lord Nelson or others at the scene, but two of his friends in Minnesota enjoyed hearing it on their cell phone.
        Youtube??
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Youtube??
          No, I don't tube

I will ask him when he gets back to Minnesota. I imagine there were a few confused Londoners though, wondering just what is a ski-u-mah.
          "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
            Leveille Reflects on Gophers Career
            http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...052516aaa.html
            The quiet competitor... I'm going to miss all those opponents bemoaning the "juicy rebounds" they were unable to reach for three plus years.

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
            I'd be particularly interested in any thoughts on goalie Serena D'Angelo from those more familiar with her. Along with any of the usual speculation on line configurations etc.
            I thought about taking a shot at line configurations, but looked at 23 skaters and gave up. Three goalies, with Peters most likely to get the bulk of the ice time. No less than 5 and no more than 8 listed at D (my guess is 6, four returning and two Frosh). No more than 18 and no less than 15 listed at F or F/D. I'm guessing 5 centers and 6 pairs of wings. Mix and match for speed, grit, sniping, you name it. Glad I'm not the one to sort it out.

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post

I'd be particularly interested in any thoughts on goalie Serena D'Angelo from those more familiar with her. Along with any of the usual speculation on line configurations etc.

Originally posted by OldDave View Post
              I thought about taking a shot at line configurations, but looked at 23 skaters and gave up. Three goalies, with Peters most likely to get the bulk of the ice time. No less than 5 and no more than 8 listed at D (my guess is 6, four returning and two Frosh). No more than 18 and no less than 15 listed at F or F/D. I'm guessing 5 centers and 6 pairs of wings. Mix and match for speed, grit, sniping, you name it. Glad I'm not the one to sort it out.
              Cameranesi-Pannek-Potomak
              Schammel-Piazza-Schipper
              Williamson-Agnew-Reilly
              Skarzynski-Woken-Rodgers
              (alternates-Gunderson, Smith, Keller, Haley, Barlow)

Wolfe-Stecklein
              Baldwin-Marshall
              Robinson-Cline

That's a cluster... No wonder oldDave thru up his hands.

I heard a vague positive report on D'Angelo. I know nothing of her. (Next year's Gulstene looked great in the U18 tourney over the holidays)

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post

Wolfe-Stecklein
                Baldwin-Marshall
                Robinson-Cline

)
                I'm thinking that if those are the ones playing D, Stecklein paired with Marshall (or maybe Robinson), at least early in the season ala Ramsey/Baldwin two years ago, with Wolfe & Baldwin against the other teams #1 line.
                But does anyone think Skarzynski won't be back at D this year?
                This could be a "Process".
                It seems to me before you can make any lines or D pairs, have to make up your mind where she is going to play.
                Last edited by pokechecker; 06-13-2016, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Schammel-Piazza-Schipper
                  Williamson-Agnew-Reilly
                  Skarzynski-Woken-Rodgers

Wolfe-Stecklein
                  Baldwin-Marshall
                  Robinson-Cline

I heard a vague positive report on D'Angelo. I know nothing of her. (Next year's Gulstene looked great in the U18 tourney over the holidays)
                  Alex Woken most likely won't be a fourth liner. She has top six skills.

Geez, the forward group for this coming year is ridiculously deep.

With the depth of the forward group, Skarzynski could be put back in the defensemen group. They could use her skating ability on defense.
                  Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 06-13-2016, 01:28 PM.
                  At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

“I say it to myself multiple times, I can’t believe he’s playing for a Stanley Cup,” said Amanda, one of the best players in the world herself.

http://www.startribune.com/stanley-c...ney/382642491/
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                      Alex Woken must likely won't be a fourth liner. She has top six skills.

With the depth of the forward group, Skarzynski could be put back in the defensemen group. They could use her skating ability on defense.
                      Yes. Very deep...although not sure if its as deep as last year (probably two of the nations top five players Brandt and Kessel have something to do with that).

It would be nice to see a bit more progress on an already stellar team. I'd like to see Pannek move up from leading the second line to co leading the first, Piazza doing with the second what Pannek did last year and Williamson becoming a depth leader. Potomak was amazing last year, now I hope she can become a goal scoring machine.

Call me a tough fan...but the team is going to need to progress to match a UW team that returns a core capable of matching last year's Gopher NC team. It will be a tall order.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

Schammel-Piazza-Schipper
                        Williamson-Agnew-Reilly
                        Skarzynski-Woken-Rodgers

Wolfe-Stecklein
                        Baldwin-Marshall
                        Robinson-Cline

Looks like a couple players battling to move up to fifth line spots next year.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                          I'd like to see Pannek move up from leading the second line to co leading the first

Call me a tough fan...but the team is going to need to progress to match a UW team that returns a core capable of matching last year's Gopher NC team. It will be a tall order.
                          It's probably good Wisconsin is last on the schedule. They look to come out of the box smokin', Gophers have a lot of sorting out to do. And, as you say, hopefully a lot of progression from a bunch of players. I'm with you on Kelly P. I keep hoping she's working on skating speed exercises this summer. I could see her being anywhere from a very good player to major star. I think she also has good leadership potential.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                            Alex Woken most likely won't be a fourth liner. She has top six skills.

Looking at this I keep hoping Frost gives the fourth line more time than he has in the past. I seriously think that the third and fourth could win games for them in games (Wisconsin) where the first two lines battle to a tie.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                              Looking at this I keep hoping Frost gives the fourth line more time than he has in the past. I seriously think that the third and fourth could win games for them in games (Wisconsin) where the first two lines battle to a tie.
                              maybe someone knows, did Mark Johnson use his 4th line at Ridder during the regular season?
                              he may have in Madison, or at Ridder in the WCHA tournament.

you put your 4th line out there and the opposing coach is going to put his first or second line out.
                              When you are the home team you cmight get your 4th line out there when the time is right, but if you are the visiting team that isn't likely going to happen unless you have a big lead.

Comment

I am going to say it again:
                                Potomak=center
                                I was told last year that Frost likes big centers. (Davis & Terry were big)
                                Apparently so they can use their size to forecheck and play defense.
                                Potomak can’t forecheck?
                                Do we need to review the semifinal against Wisconsin?
                                Yes, yes, I believe we do.
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK1XPLTTdCs
                                Can never watch that too much.
                                Potomak can’t play defense?
                                She only lead the team in +/-, and by a comfortable margin over the other forwards.
                                A center should also be good at faceoffs.
                                Maybe 50 is too small a sample, but her winning percentage is up there with the national leaders.
                                A center should create offense.
                                Tied for the league lead in assists.
                                Oh, and a center should also be able to score.
                                Do we need to review the title game?
                                Yes, yes I believe we do.
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki8n6FJk0EA
                                can never watch that too much either
                                Last edited by pokechecker; 06-14-2016, 06:28 AM. Reason: this one is better

Comment

Working...
                                X