This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

What I founder interesting is my father, who is keplerian in his liberalism, wasn't necessarily for means testing. He's an interesting man.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
      Depending on where you live that is true.
      San Francisco is one of those places. You qualify for Govt. Assistance if you make 90k.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        San Francisco is one of those places. You qualify for Govt. Assistance if you make 90k.
        Compared to housing prices in San Francisco, places in my town are cheap, but even so a household (could even an individual) making 90K here would qualify for housing assistance through a local "workforce housing" program.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
          Probably because it isn't true. It's one of those internet tropes that gets repeated willy-nilly by those who want to believe. David Koch was a donor and on the board of trustees for WGBH (PBS Boston) for years. This was eventually conflated into "The Koch's bought PBS!" Koch resigned in 2013 and hasn't been a donor since. He's not on the NPR board. And NPR checked a while back and they could find no record of Koch's ever giving anything to NPR. Not that they couldn't be giving. Just that apparently nobody at NPR knows about it which would seem to be an odd way of going about controlling NPR.
          I've heard "this program was supported by Koch Industries" on my local public radio station many times when they give short "advertisements" for companies that help underwrite the programming.

Comment

Compared to housing prices in San Francisco, places in my town are cheap, but even so a household (could even an individual) making 90K here would qualify for housing assistance through a local "workforce housing" program.
            The housing in San Fran is nuts. Gf's cousin lives in the burbs and the last time they were looking they put in a bid 90k above asking and they didnt even get a call back

Hell dog walkers in that town make 90k...
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Jones Act will be waived. Apparently the ports weren't that crowded. Now to make Puerto Rico a permanent exception, like the USVI, or disbanding it all together so that Hawaii, Alaska, and other territories are no longer weighed down with needless extra costs.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                Sorry, I was referring to ending the state tax deduction. I obviously did a horrible job wording my post(not for the first time.) The plan floated is a complete disaster. I'd keep the estate tax(George Washington was completely against transferring wealth between generations), get rid of or cap deductions to only benefit people who make under $200K, raise the top rate to 40%, and increase the standard deduction.
                I agree too. Nice post.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The Kochs are not on the board of NPR...they didnt buy it either. Kep you need to vett your sources better.
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    The housing in San Fran is nuts. Gf's cousin lives in the burbs and the last time they were looking they put in a bid 90k above asking and they didnt even get a call back

Hell dog walkers in that town make 90k...
                    Things are worse in Silicon Valley too -- I knew a guy that was commuting from San Francisco to Cupertino to work for Apple -- eventually he bought a place in somewhere in the valley but it cost him over a million for a place that would be 300K here. I just saw that a place in Sunnyvale recently sold for almost 800K over asking (asking was like 1.6 million for a <2000 square foot 4 bed 2 bath). Sunnyvale used to have more modestly priced real estate compared to near by Mountain View or Palo Alto -- ridiculous overbidding was common in those places for a while. Now it looks like anyone that isn't rich is going to get pushed out of Sunnyvale too (but it borders Mountain View -- home to Google and Cupertino -- home to Apple so you had to expect it at some point)

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      The Kochs are not on the board of NPR...they didnt buy it either. Kep you need to vett your sources better.
                      Sources? I always assumed he was his own "source."
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I've heard "this program was supported by Koch Industries" on my local public radio station many times when they give short "advertisements" for companies that help underwrite the programming.
                        I can't speak to what you personally heard. Here's the 2016 NPR annual report. Neither of the Koch brothers, or Koch Industries, or any of their subsidiaries appear on the long list of Philanthropic donors or Corporate sponsors. The charge made was that Koch is on NPR's board and/or Koch money has turned NPR into a conservative mouthpiece because it's beholden to Koch billions for support. I imagine it's possible that they have given nominal donations to individual stations which in turn produce some program or another. I don't know and I'm not searching every NPR station to find out. But even if they do that hardly makes Steve Inskeep and Rachel Martin, etc. shills for the Koch brothers.
                        Originally posted by WiscTJK
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                          I can't speak to what you personally heard. Here's the 2016 NPR annual report. Neither of the Koch brothers, or Koch Industries, or any of their subsidiaries appear on the long list of Philanthropic donors or Corporate sponsors. The charge made was that Koch is on NPR's board and/or Koch money has turned NPR into a conservative mouthpiece because it's beholden to Koch billions for support. I imagine it's possible that they have given nominal donations to individual stations which in turn produce some program or another. I don't know and I'm not searching every NPR station to find out. But even if they do that hardly makes Steve Inskeep and Rachel Martin, etc. shills for the Koch brothers.
                          I figured it out -- it's "Marketplace" that I hear the Koch Industry add, which is produced by WGBH, which receives money from Koch Industries.
                          He was able to get Independent Television Service (part of PBS that funds and distributes independent films) to pull it's funding for "Citizen Koch"

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Make entitlements into charity. Means test the f-ck out of them. Raise the estate tax on assets over $10M to 75%, $100M to 99%, $1B to 99.9%.
                            Which would essentially kill any chance that I would be able to carry on my family's farm, after my grandpa passes away. It's only been in the family for 100+ years.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                              Things are worse in Silicon Valley too -- I knew a guy that was commuting from San Francisco to Cupertino to work for Apple -- eventually he bought a place in somewhere in the valley but it cost him over a million for a place that would be 300K here. I just saw that a place in Sunnyvale recently sold for almost 800K over asking (asking was like 1.6 million for a <2000 square foot 4 bed 2 bath). Sunnyvale used to have more modestly priced real estate compared to near by Mountain View or Palo Alto -- ridiculous overbidding was common in those places for a while. Now it looks like anyone that isn't rich is going to get pushed out of Sunnyvale too (but it borders Mountain View -- home to Google and Cupertino -- home to Apple so you had to expect it at some point)
                              That makes me feel better living around Boston! Saw in the WSJ today that the Boston market apparently isn't overpriced. According to the article Toronto and Vancouver have the most overpriced real estate in North America.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                Which would essentially kill any chance that I would be able to carry on my family's farm, after my grandpa passes away. It's only been in the family for 100+ years.
                                I doubt Kepler cares; he wants your money!

And for his favored corporations that push his agenda, I'm sure there's a loophole.

Comment

Working...
                                X