Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2016.2: An All-Canada Final (Playoffs and Off-season)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2016.2: An All-Canada Final (Playoffs and Off-season)

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    There was a post on FB that said the day Batman died, the Penguins won the Stanley Cup.
    Really? Great catch by someone.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      There was a story I read, I think on NHL.com, in which Fletcher talked about the draft and the fact that Minnesota doesn't have a first or second round pick this year.

He said that statistics show that if you want to be an average NHL program you must draft two players who will play 100+ NHL games for you each draft. He described that as the "baseline" an NHL team needs to achieve just to be "average." He pointed out that statistic to emphasize the point of later round picks, since he says the Wild and other teams obviously try to get 3 or more players each draft who will play 100+ games for them, so they can be "above average."

So I was bored today and I decided to go back and look at the Wild draft record. In the 17 drafts thus far in their history, they have achieved the "average" of drafting two players who went on to play 100+ games for them six times, none since 2010 when Granlund and Zucker were drafted. Now, in fairness, some of the recent draft picks haven't really had a chance yet. But I don't see a lot of 100+ game NHL candidates out of '11 and '12 other than Brodin and Dumba, respectively.

The Wild drafted "above average" only twice, their first two drafts.

Jonas Brodin is #8 all time in games played for the Wild by a Wild draft pick.
      This is typical for all the Minnesota teams. They claim they need to draft someone for big minutes in the first round and then the player never plays.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        There was a post on FB that said the day Batman died, the Penguins won the Stanley Cup.
        That is great.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

When NHL teams win the Stanley Cup, they often celebrate with a $50,000 bar tab.

When their minor league affiliates win the Calder Cup, the celebration is a bit more...modest.

https://www.nhl.com/news/grand-rapid...?tid=281396148

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            When NHL teams win the Stanley Cup, they often celebrate with a $50,000 bar tab.

When their minor league affiliates win the Calder Cup, the celebration is a bit more...modest.

https://www.nhl.com/news/grand-rapid...?tid=281396148
            It's the off season... They deserve a cheat meal
            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

LA decides to protect 8 skaters, leaving Quick unprotected.

@mayorNHL: Can confirm...

LA Kings protected Kopitar, Carter, Toffoli, Pearson, Doughty, Muzzin, Martinez, Forbort

#NHLExpansionDraft
              Last edited by joecct; 06-17-2017, 05:46 PM.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                LA decides to protect 8 skaters, leaving Quick unprotected.

@mayorNHL: Can confirm...

LA Kings protected Kopitar, Carter, Toffoli, Pearson, Doughty, Muzzin, Martinez, Forbort

#NHLExpansionDraft
                Every team must protect a goalie so Quick will be.
                They are just protecting less players than going the 7-3 route.
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                  Every team must protect a goalie so Quick will be.
                  They are just protecting less players than going the 7-3 route.
                  Ah no. You can protect 7-3-1 or 8.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Ah no. You can protect 7-3-1 or 8.
                    Ah, no. You can protect 7-3-1, or 8-1.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                      Ah, no. You can protect 7-3-1, or 8-1.
                      It appears I was misinformed.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Not sure what skaters the Red Wings are protecting, but they've protected Howard over Mrazek.
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                          Not sure what skaters the Red Wings are protecting, but they've protected Howard over Mrazek.
                          Per the Detroit News:

Defense: Danny DeKeyser, Mike Green and Nick Jensen,

Forwards: Justin Abdelkader, Andreas Athanasiou, Anthony Mantha, Frans Nielsen, Gustav Nyquist, Tomas Tatar and Henrik Zetterberg
                          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                            Guessing they have to due to a NTC or something like that but still, lol. That team is horribly mismanaged and has been for a while.

Comment

Holland, with his ridiculous level of player favoritism/loyalty, is not going to be the GM to rebuild the Wings.

That said, they had no choice but to protect Howard, due to his NMC.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Holland, with his ridiculous level of player favoritism/loyalty, is not going to be the GM to rebuild the Wings.

That said, they had no choice but to protect Howard, due to his NMC.
                                Nah, Jimmy wasn't a mandatory protection. Only has a modified NTC, he could have been exposed.

It's either Kenny is rolling the dice that LV won't be terribly interested in Petr, or there's something behind the curtain with attitude or lack of progression, and he couldn't find a trade for him.

I say this while also agreeing that they probably need to let Kenny walk after this year when his contract is up.

Comment

Working...
                                X