This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tater View Post
    Officially Albie O’Connell per email from BU AD.
    Email to friends of hockey? To season-ticket holder’s? To alums?

Comment

• Re: BU season thread volume 3.1 cause board/priceless/tippycanoe deleted ours

Donors.

Comment

• Wonder if Tom Welby will be his first hire 😉

Comment

It's just been posted on FB by the official BU men's hockey page that Albie O'Connell is the new HC of the Terriers.
          Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

Hi, welcome to an hour ago.

Comment

I am so relieved. I think Albie will do well.
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Good choice IMO

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                  Good choice IMO
                  Good enough to keep you in your seat next season?
                  Go BU!

Comment

Jerry Keefe an early candidate for the vacant associate HC position per Jeff Cox. He's a longtime friend of Albie.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Good, sound choice. He’s had enough assistant experience in a wide variety of other school’s programs to be well prepared. This should retain most of the recruits in the pipeline as well. It will be very interesting to see how the rest of the staff fills out.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
                        Good enough to keep you in your seat next season?
                        Will most likely renew yeah. My annual debate of weather to renew or not is more because season tix have been a bad investment for me for quite a few years. (With other life commitments / kids activities etc etc I end up going to about half the games, and don’t even use all my tickets for the games I do go to). Combine that with that the games never sell out etc, it would truly be smarter for me to just buy individual tickets for the games I go to. At this point I largely view my tickets as a donation to the school.

A hire with zero sentimental value (like Bennet) may have been enough to finally cut the cord.

That being said, I’m psyched for the hire and hope he keeps the momentum going.

Comment

Good luck Coach Albie

Comment

Originally posted by Berkshire BU Fan View Post
                            Good luck Coach Albie
                            Echo, congrats Albie. Even from a Maine hockey fan. BU got it right, in my humble opinion.

Comment

Good
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

BU got it right. Albie deserved the position.

Comment

Working...
                                X