Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

I was wandering if any one has any intel on the goalies this year. Will the coach rotate them, is that part of the plan? The team looks really good once they get warmed up, hopefully it doesn't take 30 minutes to get the turbo boost going every game. Sounds like the prime link is at Middlebury this year. Should be some good hockey coming. Nice to see you all posting in here. Just wanted to wish Puck voice , a great year of good health. We love listening to him at our house. We are like the Waltons, huddled around listening , mostly for away games, hanging on his every word with every move the players make. Thanks Puck Voice, You Rock.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
      I was wandering if any one has any intel on the goalies this year. Will the coach rotate them, is that part of the plan? The team looks really good once they get warmed up, hopefully it doesn't take 30 minutes to get the turbo boost going every game. Sounds like the prime link is at Middlebury this year. Should be some good hockey coming. Nice to see you all posting in here. Just wanted to wish Puck voice , a great year of good health. We love listening to him at our house. We are like the Waltons, huddled around listening , mostly for away games, hanging on his every word with every move the players make. Thanks Puck Voice, You Rock.
      Roy thanks ... always good to know there are great fans out there listening.

Comment

Seems too quiet on this thread after an interesting weekend of hockey, especially the OT at Hobart where the stats show Hobart with one shot on goal and Norwich with zero. I hope we are not going to skate into the sunset like our state rivals, the Muddleberry Panthers. Maybe somebody can come up with something about this weekend. I see we didn't even rate a pick on Tim Costello's column.

NU56
        Old Member
        Maybe the Oldest

Comment

Originally posted by NU56 View Post
          Seems too quiet on this thread after an interesting weekend of hockey, especially the OT at Hobart where the stats show Hobart with one shot on goal and Norwich with zero. I hope we are not going to skate into the sunset like our state rivals, the Muddleberry Panthers. Maybe somebody can come up with something about this weekend. I see we didn't even rate a pick on Tim Costello's column.
          I’ll start posting more once some irritates me 😂

Comment

Tough game to lose after controlling it 90% of the time and out shooting NEC almost 2 to 1. But it's the score that counts in a game of seconds and inches. The new men appear to be doing very well, considering they must get used to the "Norwich Way". Looking forward to tomorrow's game and more posters on this thread.

NU56
            Old Member
            Maybe the Oldest

Comment

If only USM could get goalies like the one Norwich faced tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by NU56 View Post

Work made it difficult for me to engage too much this week (also missed last night's game because of it - I'm still adjusting to Mountain time), so I should be more engaged going forward.

That's certainly a disappointing result to come back to. But, I maintain that this young team will need to go through some adversity now if they want to be at their best later on in the season. I'm not saying losses are necessarilly a good thing, but they certainly aren't reasons to panic.

It's important for us Norwich fans to have some perspective and realize how spoiled we've become. We did just double our loss total from last season because we've now lost TWICE. Big picture, that's a pretty good spot to be. They'll figure it out. They have lots of talent.
                Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Wonder if one of the backup goalies, Tom Aubrun or Jordon Brant, get a chance sometime. With Hobart's lost to UMASS Boston and the number of good teams in the NEHC it looks like it will be a real battle to gain the top spot in the league. NEC always seems to play its best against Norwich.
                  2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                  2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Okay Norwich fans ... where are You? Where were you this weekend? What did you think? Will you be at the Primelink?

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
                      Okay Norwich fans ... where are You? Where were you this weekend? What did you think? Will you be at the Primelink?
                      I'm always here...I was at Kreitzberg for all 4 games this weekend. I think we have a couple of excellent hockey teams. I will be at the Primelink cheering on the Cadets as usual. "Go Wick!"

Comment

Can't be there but will definitely be watching. The Primelink is a Bucket List item for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
                        Norwich '13

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
                          NEC always seems to play its best dirtiest against Norwich.
                          Fixed your post
                          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
                            Maybe you can stir up some posts on this thread. I've been trying to do it, but without much success except for a couple of fans. I believe you meant more fans going to the games. but it wouldn't hurt to post on this thread for those who can't get back to Northfield. I have been watching the games on my TV down here in Florida and really enjoying them. Even those that are not so well done gives you the flavor of it.
                            At least this year we don't have the volume of gloom and doom guys that we had last year after the end of our league domination. It is not the end of NU's hockey program. Coach has found some real talent and after playing together will learn the "Norwich Way" and we will have another good year. Maybe not always first, but right up there as the division III teams continue to improve.
                            What do you think of Tom's goalie start? Can't help but feel good. The Prime Link usually is won by the team that brings Their "A" game to the ice. Remember, seconds and inches really become important in these tournaments.

NU56
                            Old Member
                            Maybe the Oldest

Comment

always look foward to the prime link every year-as for norwich-they are quite a young team with alot of 1st and 2nd year players who have demonstrated very good skating ability and skill level--i think it is just a matter of time before they jell into a very good team--it will be alot of fun watching this team develop into a strong contender --

Comment

I think expectations were too high for this team coming into the season, having lost 10 seniors (thank you, Captain Obvious).

There's probably going to be a few more disappointments along the way. Hopefully the team can develop and grow and get hit at the end of the season. At the start of the season I said this team was a Frozen Four contender, but they're far from that right now.

Also, perhaps a stupid and uneducated observation, but does anyone else think that this team can be a bit too patient and methodical at times? Especially on power plays, seems like a lot of time is spent skating around the perimeter waiting for the perfect set-up as opposed to getting pucks to the net. This was really evident against Hobart with 1 shot on goal during the 5 minute major in overtime.
                                Norwich '13

Comment

Working...
                                X