• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USCHO Music Thread 3: They Heard Me Singing

Beck - Sea Change

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      It's Phish week! Two shows at Alpine this weekend. Can't wait.
      WHOOT WHOOT!!!! I know it's not a lot compared to some of those hardcore phans but Sunday will be my 25th Phish show.

Comment

Originally posted by mcboozle View Post
        WHOOT WHOOT!!!! I know it's not a lot compared to some of those hardcore phans but Sunday will be my 25th Phish show.

I never worry too much about show count. I've been seeing Phish since 93 and Sunday will (only) be show 45 for me.

25 is a good amount and more than every other one band that I've ever seen (other than Phish) including the Dead.

This tour has been smokin'. Really looking forward to these shows.

Comment

Phish suck.

Listening to Hank III radio on iHeart, this song came across....love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6fx9pe1Utk
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

-yawn-

Comment

Ha

Comment

The Lions - Jungle Struttin', This Generation and Soul Riot on shuffle.

Coz it's Friday mon!

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLRdlVi-_H0

**** this is great!

and for you drummer nerds - http://www.alternativenation.net/red...ers-rush-show/

Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

The Cult: Firewoman
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I ran to the Cloud Cult albums I have (Feel Good Ghosts, Happy Hippo, Meaning of 8, and Love) today on shuffle. "The Show Starts Now" came up while I was running, and I do like the lyrics:

The physicist and the mystic say there's no such thing as time.
                      If God is now and everywhere, why's it so hard to find?
                      I wanna be the guy who lives in the moment, not so lost in my mind.
                      So I guess my show starts now. My show starts now

Grandma said it don't matter where we go to or come from.
                      She said, "Worry about what you're made to do not what you're made of."
                      They say we're made of chaos. I say we're made of love.
                      And that's why our show starts now. Our show starts now.

Hold your breath for a better day, and you'll never learn how to breathe.
                      You're afraid of the dark, but that's where you learn to see.
                      You're no good to the living if you're too afraid to bleed.
                      And that's why your show starts now Your show starts now.
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                        The Cult: Firewoman
                        Someone once tried to argue that The Cult were just another generic 80s hair band. I was like, "Really? You're going to equate The Cult with Whitesnake or Warrant?"

Despite being "hard rock", I always saw their early stuff as having far more in common with British darkwave like Killing Joke.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Someone once tried to argue that The Cult were just another generic 80s hair band. I was like, "Really? You're going to equate The Cult with Whitesnake or Warrant?"

Despite being "hard rock", I always saw their early stuff as having far more in common with British darkwave like Killing Joke.
                          The Cult and Tesla were better 80s bands than they got credit for.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            The Cult and Tesla were better 80s bands than they got credit for.
                            Despite their protestations about the classification, Tesla is the best hair band (unless you count GnR, which I do not, but most do). The Cult were not a hair band - occasionally close starting with Sonic Temple, but not quite. Same goes for Queensryche and other bands that get lumped to the SiriusXM "Hair Nation" channel, but are out of place.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Despite their protestations about the classification, Tesla is the best hair band (unless you count GnR, which I do not, but most do). The Cult were not a hair band - occasionally close starting with Sonic Temple, but not quite. Same goes for Queensryche and other bands that get lumped to the SiriusXM "Hair Nation" channel, but are out of place.
                              It's long been my opinion that Tesla is the best 80s band that time forgot.

GNR...burned out too quick. They COULD have been (bigger) legends, but Axl.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                It's long been my opinion that Tesla is the best 80s band that time forgot.

GNR...burned out too quick. They COULD have been (bigger) legends, but Axl.
                                It's long been my opinion that while Axl was the biggest offender, no one in that band was anywhere close to being fully absolved of responsibility for their unnecessarily protracted death.

Comment

Working...
                                X