Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey - 2018 Off-Season - Hope or Despair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey - 2018 Off-Season - Hope or Despair?

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    Heatley, Bourque?, Pavelski? Gilbert?
    Hmmmm
    Dany Heatley is correct. He left UW in 2001 with 113 career points. Tied for #53 all time.

Joe Pavelski is also correct. He left UW in 2006 with 101 career points. Tied for #67 all time.

Both these players are each tied with another player on this list.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Seamus is going 125 easy, might even get to 150, depends on his line mates Linus and Jack.
      Jack? I am really nervous about his jump to college hockey from high school. He played in what is probably the worst high school conference in the state, although they had some decent non-conference games. The Elite League U18 isn't that great because most high end kids that age play Juniors, so I don't even think experience there is that great. He played in exactly 2 USHL games. I just think he is going to need some time to adjust to the speed of the college game despite testing well at the NHL Combine. I don't think I'd project him as a starter on the top line. If it happens, wonderful....but I would be shocked.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
        I came up with Pavelski, Earl, and Geoffrion before I caved and looked.
        Robbie Earl is correct. He also left UW in '06 with 121 career points. #47 all time.

Blake Geofrion is correct. He left UW in '10 with 114 career points. # 51 all time.

Cheaters never prosper though gwhinwi, so you are excluded from the fabulous prizes to be awarded at the end of this contest.

Another player on the list is tied at #23 all time with Reinprecht at 162 career points. (although the official record book lists him at #24.)
        Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 08-27-2018, 03:26 PM.
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
          Robbie earl is correct. He also left UW in '06 with 121 career points. #47 all time.

Blake Geofrion is correct. He left UW in '10 with 114 career points. # 51 all time.

Cheaters never prosper though gwhinwi, so you are excluded from the fabulous prizes to be awarded at the end of this contest.
          I said I looked after... Could have named off others. Haha. The fame and glory will have to go to some other fabulous contestant.
          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
            Jack? I am really nervous about his jump to college hockey from high school. He played in what is probably the worst high school conference in the state, although they had some decent non-conference games. The Elite League U18 isn't that great because most high end kids that age play Juniors, so I don't even think experience there is that great. He played in exactly 2 USHL games. I just think he is going to need some time to adjust to the speed of the college game despite testing well at the NHL Combine. I don't think I'd project him as a starter on the top line. If it happens, wonderful....but I would be shocked.
            Yeah, a top line assignment would be pretty shocking. He obviously has tremendous physical assets, but it's so hard for most guys to adjust to the huge difference in speed. Although I guess you never know for sure until they are in there. There's a few special players that the game never gets fast enough for and they're always waiting on everyone else no matter how high up they go, but man, those guys are pretty rare. Obviously the staff thinks he can step in though or he wouldn't be here. They had other options to fill the roster out. Plus the Canadiens had a hell of a lot to choose from around the world when they took him in the 4th round out of WI HS. You get flyer picks now and then there I guess, but you generally have to think of a 4th rounder as a threat to make the big club eventually when you pick him. It will be pretty interesting to see how it shakes out.
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

10 guys with 100 + points since 2000 and we've named 4.

I expect more out of you folks -- Work harder!
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                10 guys with 100 + points since 2000 and we've named 4.

I expect more out of you folks -- Work harder!
                Two more guesses. Stepan and Mcmurchy. Possibly Zengerle as well???
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Two more guesses. Stepan and Mcmurchy. Possibly Zengerle as well???
                  Excellent!

Derek Stepan had 87 points in his 2 years as a Badger, so no.

Ryan MacMurchy I thought would be a hard one to get. Big Mac left in '06 with 110 career points, #57 all time.

Mark Zengerle, had 162 career points, the most this millennium and tied with Rhino at #23 all time.

That's 6 down, 4 to go.
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                    Excellent!

Derek Stepan had 87 points in his 2 years as a Badger, so no.

Ryan MacMurchy I thought would be a hard one to get. Big Mac left in '06 with 110 career points, #57 all time.

Mark Zengerle, had 162 career points, the most this millennium and tied with Rhino at #23 all time.

That's 6 down, 4 to go.
                    Hmmm. Complete guesses: Joudrey, #9 on the 2007 team, was it Davis? Skille didn’t hit 100 i’m Fairly certain on that.

Edit: Niki Siren or David Hukalo? I din’t Think Dustin Kuk got to 100 but maybe?
                    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Hmmm. Complete guesses: Joudrey, #9 on the 2007 team, was it Davis? Skille didn’t hit 100 i’m Fairly certain on that.

Edit: Niki Siren or David Hukalo? I din’t Think Dustin Kuk got to 100 but maybe?

Andrew Joudrey is an excellent guess, but he fell short with 93, one more than Cam Hughes. Skille only had 39, but who cares? He had the one that counted the most vs. Cornell in '06. Hukalo had 40 pts his sophomore year, but only 19 and 17 the next two and also fell short. Niki Siren is a real reach, his best year was 13, and he was in Rhino's class. Dustin Kuk did indeed have 121 points, tied with Robbie Earl at #47 all time. But he was also in Rhino's class, and we're looking for players who's career ended after Rhino, so out on a technicality.

However, Kuk's total IS right behind #9's on the 2007 team, who ended his career in 2010 with 123 points. Michael Davies is correct and #45 on the all time Badger scoring list. Very good!
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Who is left… any blue liners? Brendan Smith or Justin schultz come to mind.

I’ve a feeling that we’ve already hit the ones who played 1-2 seasons. Unless… Kerdiles?
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                          Drink the cardinal koolaid. Yummm.

Actually, if you want to feel really good about the men's program, just ponder how insanely loaded the UW women's team is (there is no way they lose more than 2 or 3 games all year), then come here. The positive endorphins open your eyes to the positives of the men's program. I'm high as a kite right now.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                            Who is left… any blue liners? Brendan Smith or Justin schultz come to mind.

I’ve a feeling that we’ve already hit the ones who played 1-2 seasons. Unless… Kerdiles?
                            Nic Kerdiles only played 60 of the possible 79 games in his two years as a Badger due to an NCAA penalty his first year, and injuries his second. Even so, he finished with a respectable 71 points and an excellent 1.18 ppg average. (Had Nic come back as I suggested he should, he would have easily made the list, perhaps avoided a career threatening injury in the A, and been a red hot property going to the bigs. But hind sight is 20/20 as they say.)

Brendan Smith capped his 3 year career as a Badger with 52 points in 2010, however, a slow start with only 12 his first season leaves Smitty short of this list with 87 career points.

While Justin Schultz never cracked 50 points in his 3 years as a Badger, he did have 22-47-44 leaving him tied with #53 all time, Dany Heatley. Justin's 113 career points also has him tied with Norm McIntosh for the 8th spot among highest scoring Blueliners to ever play for the Badgers. Justin did college hockey right, surprising many by opting to come back to the Badgers for his Junior year, after which he made the jump with Edmonton and has been in the NHL ever since.

You also are correct in thinking that the remaining 2 players on the list played 4 years for the Badgers. Good job EODS!
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

To recap where we stand:

23. Mark Zengerle - 162 points - 2014

45. Michael Davies - 123 points - 2010

47. Robbie Earl - 121 points - 2006

51. Blake Geoffrion - 114 points - 2010

53. Dany Heatley - 113 points - 2001

53. Justin Schultz - 113 points - 2012

57. Ryan MacMurchy -110 points - 2006

67. Joe Pavelski- 101 points - 2006

Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 08-28-2018, 06:55 AM.
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

I feel like I recall bunch or recent seniors in the 90s and that none of them made it.

Which leaves… Mersch?

And unless Hughes or Bessie or one of the other recent guys did it, I’m going to say it was an early Eaves guy. Gilbert?
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X