X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Big Ten > NCHC

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    No one cares.
    Oh really? Seems the NHL does. They've made multi-millionaires out of a lot of former Gophers. Can SCSU say the same?

Quick, name me the SCSU alum ranked in the Top 400 of scoring in the NHL this season??? Quick, his name should be obvious, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
      Oh really? Seems the NHL does. They've made multi-millionaires out of a lot of former Gophers. Can SCSU say the same?

Quick, name me the SCSU alum ranked in the Top 400 of scoring in the NHL this season??? Quick, his name should be obvious, right?
      No one cares.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
        Dirty!! Now this thread might be salvaged.
        That’s how bad this thread is. Brought him out of hiding.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
          No one cares.
          Yet he keeps posting his drivel
          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by icehawk View Post
            I know it, we all know it.
            It's like a boulder down a hill.
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post

I think the point is that this the US College Hockey Online website, and this is the Division I (of the college divisions) board, and there is a College Hockey Alumni board, which, of course, you already knew about since you posted this thread four days ago, a thread that has yet to draw a response, which seems to confirm that no one really does care.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                And it keeps drawing plenty of responses from people. So obviously it's working.

Comment

Here is what the Gopher NHL factory has churned out since it entered the B1G:

2014-15
                  Kyle Rau
                  Mike Reilly
                  Brady Skjei

2015-16
                  Hudson Fasching

And then production stopped. I have excluded Justin Kloos and Vinni Lettieri because they have only played one NHL game, and I believe that if you are going to call your school an NHL factory, it should be players who play more than one game. Pretty weird how as the Gophers team got worse, the NHL stopped wanting their players. Crazy how that works.

Just for laughs here is St. Cloud

2013-14
                  Kevin Gravel
                  Nic Dowd

2014-15
                  Jonny Brodzinski

2015-16
                  Kalle Kossila
                  Charlie Lindgren

Wisconsin also has had 4 players that played in the B1G that made the NHL (McCabe, Kerdiles, Mersch, Kunin). So please stop pretending that the B1G rosters are constantly being raided by the NHL when the two biggest B1G teams from the WCHA haven't even produced more players than St. Cloud State.
                  Originally posted by SJHovey
                  Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                  Originally posted by Brenthoven
                  We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                    And it keeps drawing plenty of responses from people. So obviously it's working.
                    That's why I keep following this thread. The SCSU fans think they're going to win. They just know eventually they're going to get one over on a gopher fan. And all the world will rejoice and become Husky fans and sing kumbaya at the concrete center.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      That's why I keep following this thread. The SCSU fans think they're going to win. They just know eventually they're going to get one over on a gopher fan. And all the world will rejoice and become Husky fans and sing kumbaya at the concrete center.
                      You think we're trying to win? We don't care who wins this ****. We're having fun antagonizing a moron...or at least I am.
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        I just checked your posts and you are on here all night and day. That's why you're following this thread. You have nothing better to do. Like pretty much everyone who is ever on a message board. You would have jumped into the fray if you had any type of defense, but you don't so instead you just whine about how bad the thread is. No one is holding you hostage. You can go to the rep retirement lodge and exchange good mornings with everyone for a couple hours if you find that more enjoyable.
                        Originally posted by SJHovey
                        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                        Originally posted by Brenthoven
                        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
                          What am I making up, that the Big 4 of the B1G are NHL factories and would blow away the NCHC in that regard???

A couple days ago I looked up the points scored by each school's alums and here is the count I got,

UMN - 268
                          Mich - 217
                          Wisc - 182
                          MSU - 89

Total for Big 4 of B1G = 756

and Notre Dame would add 103, OSU another 13 and PSU nothing yet.

UND - 211
                          Dnv - 160
                          Miam - 85
                          CCol - 49
                          UMD - 39
                          UNO - 27
                          SCSU - 27
                          WMU - 26

Total for NCHC's 8 = 624

756 > 624

872 for all 7 of the B1G > 624 for NCHC 8.

UMn alums WHO LEFT EARLY all by themselves, have outscored ALL of the alums of SCSU, WMU, UNO, Mia, CC & UMD combined this year

No need to make stuff up when the facts work fine.
                          What I take from this post is that you're calling the B1G Mistake the collective Craig Dahl of leagues. The schools can bring in the talent, but can't form a cohesive team between them to win the big prize, just like a certain former SCSU coach during the early 00's.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I did I say, "weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              I did I say, "weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" yet?
                              I believe you have a hat trick of weeeeeeeeeeeee’s.
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

I'm fresh out of popcorn, everyone hold on while I make another batch
                                Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
                                Clarkson 1990

Comment

Working...
                                X