Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Yeah but you are ignoring the fact that Trump isnt polling well in many of those states. Just being popular with the Trumpies wont be enough to win the seat.
    The good news is I think you're not going to see any Dems getting sucked into voting for Trump or his brethren in 2018. That ship has hopefully sailed and sunk.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Also: 62% of Republicans have a negative view of the Parkland students. Just think about the level of ideological idiocy that goes into that number.
      And this is why I have a 100% negative view of republicans voters and the politicians they elect. It's too bad gun violence affects rational people too and not just republicans.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Yeah but you are ignoring the fact that Trump isnt polling well in many of those states. Just being popular with the Trumpies wont be enough to win the seat.
        That's why I think you're going to see, with all of these resignations/retirements, that the candidates from both parties will run against Trump in most districts, with the Republican giving mild support to Trump in only those districts where he still maintains some popularity at that time (pretty unlikely the way it's going).
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Good article about Dems for the next time me and Kep start attacking each other.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...p-is-president
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
            Good article about Dems for the next time me and Kep start attacking each other.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...p-is-president
            Dump is the greatest gift the Democratic party could have received. But it is up to us to make him the permanent face of the GOP. I want our grandchildren to think of Obama as the summa-Democrat and Dump as the summa-Republican.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
              That's why I think you're going to see, with all of these resignations/retirements, that the candidates from both parties will run against Trump in most districts, with the Republican giving mild support to Trump in only those districts where he still maintains some popularity at that time (pretty unlikely the way it's going).
              "We only voted for Trump's legislation every single time but we're TOTALLY against him"

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Dump is the greatest gift the Democratic party could have received. But it is up to us to make him the permanent face of the GOP. I want our grandchildren to think of Obama as the summa-Democrat and Dump as the summa-Republican.
              Hopefully we can do better than Obama in 2020. If not we can prepare for the next dump is 4-8 years.

Comment

GOP Member looks at November. Thinks, "there are gonna be a lot of applicants for Fox gigs." Bails early to get one.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                  "We only voted for Trump's legislation every single time but we're TOTALLY against him"
                  No, that's why I referenced the retirements/resignations.

While I don't think resignations/retirements of current members is some grand plan on the part of the GOP (at this point I doubt that group can come up with a grand plan), it should be. In election districts where the GOP stronghold is impenetrable, in spite or because of Trump, run the incumbent. In all others I'd want to see a retirement/resignation. The Republican nominee can then do exactly what the Democratic nominee will do -- run against Trump, or at the very least put a lot of distance between yourself and him.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

The Republican nominee can then do exactly what the Democratic nominee will do -- run against Trump, or at the very least put a lot of distance between yourself and him.
                    That's not how the GOP base works. You can't say the emperor has no clothes. How far would you get with Flag if you told him the truth about his electroplated führer?
                    Cornell University

Comment

Watch out, War Powers Act is back on the table... https://www.infowars.com/rand-paul-w...obal-conflict/

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        Watch out, War Powers Act is back on the table... https://www.infowars.com/rand-paul-w...obal-conflict/
                        Not a problem. The Super Male Vitality potion is still 50% off, and the "super advanced vitamin B-12 with the Infowars Life Secret 12 proprietary formula" is still available if you act now.

Those Globalists can't get you if you buy more, flaggy.

Comment

No, that's why I referenced the retirements/resignations.

While I don't think resignations/retirements of current members is some grand plan on the part of the GOP (at this point I doubt that group can come up with a grand plan), it should be. In election districts where the GOP stronghold is impenetrable, in spite or because of Trump, run the incumbent. In all others I'd want to see a retirement/resignation. The Republican nominee can then do exactly what the Democratic nominee will do -- run against Trump, or at the very least put a lot of distance between yourself and him.
                          If the GOP could do that sort of thing, they wouldn't have a Freedom Caucus hamstringing them.
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Running against the President of your own party never works if you're a Congresscritter. Besides all primaries are dominated by Trump lovin' nutters so you'd never make it to the nomination.
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              I don't see how McCaskill and Donnelly pull off those races.
                              Donnelly has an uphill battle for sure, but I don't think you can write off that seat yet. The primary focus is his vote on the tax bill. I haven't seen any of the republican candidates mention it yet, but I see at least one FB ad a day, whether it is from some group admonishing him for "voting against hard working Hoosiers" or from Donnelly himself about why he voted against it.

For comparison sake, Republican Todd Young was elected with 52.1% (about 250,000 votes, I think) of the vote in 2016.
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X