Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

11/4/17: Olaf & Gus at the deli. Claire, how's the ham? Let's go Dutch! SCORES!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 11/4/17: Olaf & Gus at the deli. Claire, how's the ham? Let's go Dutch! SCORES!!

Originally posted by altazo View Post
    Here are some recent western scores that have been omitted from this thread:
    Point 3 Trine 2
    Hamline 2 Point 1
    UWSP struggling?
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Re: 11/4/17: Olaf & Gus at the deli. Claire, how's the ham? Let's go Dutch! SCORES!!

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
      He shoots - He scores
      Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
      Not a fan of that. Not when one of your rivals have been doing the same thing for years now. Don't get me wrong I think Josh is doing a great job overall (despite what other people are saying on other sites), but I have never been one for teams using other teams chants (within reason). Especially, like I said, when its one of your rivals.
      Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
      Agreed, though it worked in this case.
      Ok, so who has the copyright on "He shoots - He scores"?
      2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
      2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
      2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
      2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
      2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
      2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
      2009 D-III TOP runner-up
      Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
      1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
        Ok, so who has the copyright on "He shoots - He scores"?
        From what I was told the NEW Plattsburgh announcer (who said it the other night) started the tradition at Norwich when he was a student there? I always remember someone else doing it, but have not looked into it. He then left Norwich and did PA at Dartmouth where he did it there as well? Again did not confirm.

As I said and stand by, it's just not something you do when your rival "does"/"did" it. It's been a few years since Ive been to Northfield for a game and you can't always hear things online so not sure its still done. That would be like the Plattsburgh State trainer going to Curry and starting a Tennis Ball Night against some "green" colored team IMO.

It's nothing big, I just think we need to come up with something different if its already been done....nothing against Josh at all for doing it.
        Remy Babineaux
        remyb616@gmail.com
        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

From what I was told the NEW Plattsburgh announcer (who said it the other night) started the tradition at Norwich when he was a student there? I always remember someone else doing it, but have not looked into it. He then left Norwich and did PA at Dartmouth where he did it there as well? Again did not confirm.

As I said and stand by, it's just not something you do when your rival "does"/"did" it. It's been a few years since Ive been to Northfield for a game and you can't always hear things online so not sure its still done. That would be like the Plattsburgh State trainer going to Curry and starting a Tennis Ball Night against some "green" colored team IMO.

It's nothing big, I just think we need to come up with something different if its already been done....nothing against Josh at all for doing it.
          Ever hear of Marv Albert...?
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
            Lots of people use that on the radio/tv, but as PA announcement, Norwich used to be unique in that regard, especially with the crowd joining in on the "he scores."

Comment

Side jump. YES!

Knicks and Rangers as a kid. His call of game 6 of the 1971 semifinal vs. the Blackhawks probably hooked me on hockey forever.

BTW, I'll be out of town this weekend (Pawtucket/Providence/Everett). I don't know of I will have time to do the thread.
              Last edited by joecct; 11-07-2017, 10:03 AM.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                Lots of people use that on the radio/tv, but as PA announcement, Norwich used to be unique in that regard, especially with the crowd joining in on the "he scores."
                Exactly my point. IMO it's a Norwich thing (cool and all) Josh/Plattsburgh just need to come up with something unique to Plattsburgh, especially with both teams playing each other so much.
                Last edited by PSUChamps2001; 11-07-2017, 02:04 PM.
                Remy Babineaux
                remyb616@gmail.com
                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Exactly my point. IMO it's a Norwich thing (cool and all) Josh/Plattsburgh just need to come up with something unique to Plattsburgh, especially with both teams playing each other so much.
                  Yeah, he probably should change it up, go with something new..then again Norwich loss is your gain.

Comment

I also remember hearing the TV announcer using it on the movie Miracle when the USSR/USA exhibition game was at MSG a few days before Lake Placid.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                      I also remember hearing the TV announcer using it on the movie Miracle when the USSR/USA exhibition game was at MSG a few days before Lake Placid.
                      It was a staple of the radio announcer for the Seattle Totems in the 1960s. The call and response thing from the crowd is a Norwich thing. I'm sure the fan base still does it on the road, much to the chagrin of the home fans. I know they did up to the time that I left.

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                        Oh, I didn't realize people were talking about the PA announcer. Okay, in that sense I can see why people are thinking it should be kept unique to the school where it originated from.
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Oh, I didn't realize people were talking about the PA announcer. Okay, in that sense I can see why people are thinking it should be kept unique to the school where it originated from.
                          Correct. I mean do we expect George to "stick a fork" in _______ ? I just thought the whole "he shoots he scores was done by someone else at Norwich.
                          Remy Babineaux
                          remyb616@gmail.com
                          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Correct. I mean do we expect George to "stick a fork" in _______ ? I just thought the whole "he shoots he scores was done by someone else at Norwich.
                            My memory of it goes back to Taylor Arena.

Comment

Working...
                            X