Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Women's Hockey 2016-2017 (aka Season 20)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Women's Hockey 2016-2017 (aka Season 20)

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    I see that her younger sister Amy has been invited also.
    I was watching one of the u18 games a couple weeks ago and a player jumped out at me so I looked up the number and it was Amy! I was pleased about that.

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
      I was watching one of the u18 games a couple weeks ago and a player jumped out at me so I looked up the number and it was Amy! I was pleased about that.
      As has been mentioned before and with risk of BC-like hyperbole in elevating this freshmen group, you will be pleased in that same way with the whole group of freshmen recruits for 2017/2018.

(Credit to Iceburg on GPL)
      D Emily Brown (Blaine)
      G Alex Gulstene (Okanagan Hockey Academy) from Vancouver
      D Olivia Knowles (Okanagan Hockey Academy) from Campbell River, British Columbia
      F Amy Potomak (Pursuit of Excellence 19U) from Aldergrove, British Columbia
      F Taylor Wente (Maple Grove)
      F Grace Zumwinkle (Breck)
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Should we call Vegas now and book a Gopher/ Badger final?
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          In the WCHA, yes. It always depends on seedings for the NCAA tournament.

Comment

Yes. There's no way any eastern cupcake eater is touching UM or UW.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              Is that due to the so called scheduling snub or are you referring to the Frozen Four? Either way...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyEE0qpfeig

Comment

Let the record show that I do not share the same degree of arrogance as our Badger friend Tim! As shelfit notes above much depends on the NCAA seeds, and of course injuries and other unknowns can play a role.

I will, however, go out on a limb and say that before it's all done the Gopher's 2017 incoming class will prove to be right up there with the best they've had. The five who participated in the U18 series were all major contributors to their teams, and Brown would have been as well had she been just two days younger and eligible.
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                  Let the record show that I do not share the same degree of arrogance as our Badger friend Tim! As shelfit notes above much depends on the NCAA seeds, and of course injuries and other unknowns can play a role.

I will, however, go out on a limb and say that before it's all done the Gopher's 2017 incoming class will prove to be right up there with the best they've had. The five who participated in the U18 series were all major contributors to their teams, and Brown would have been as well had she been just two days younger and eligible.
                  In the badger thread Tim admitted he is trying to start a fight. I guess there isn't enough animosity on the boards. Thats rushing the season as the vitriol will flow naturally soon enough.

Comment

Next year is our turn!!!
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Next year is our turn!!!
                      Stay positive, this year could be your year!

Comment

Next year is our turn!!!
                        I think I have it right that you are a Clarkson fan. If so they have earned some respect with their title. I also was really impressed with how they came out and attacked BC in last years semi-final.

Speaking of BC and their supporters...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP0mQeLWCCo

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                          F Amy Potomak (Pursuit of Excellence 19U) from Aldergrove, British Columbia
                          For those of you that have interest in such things, Ms. Potomak has left Pursuit of Excellence and will be playing with the Pacific Steelers of the JWHL this coming season. The prime interest to Gopher fans in this switch is that the JWHL yearly plays a weekend of games at Ridder and Mariucci with some of their teams. This year will be the weekend of January 20-22, 2017. The Pacific Steelers are scheduled for four games....

Friday vs. Washington Pride 9:00 a.m.
                          Friday vs. Boston Shamrocks 9:00 p.m.
                          Saturday vs. NAHA White 5:30 p.m.
                          Sunday vs. Ridley College 9:00 a.m.

Game times are listed as being Eastern Time, but I think they might be local time, I'll try to find out.

The one thing that could throw a wrench in this as far as Amy Potomak playing is that the World U-18 thing is the previous week in the Czech Republic (I think it ends Sunday the 15th). Travel arrangements and fatigue could possibley keep her from playing, but I'm guessing it's unlikely. The Gopher women are in town that weekend with Ohio State and the Late Friday and the Saturday Steeler games are timed pretty well to make good double header viewing. All the Steeler games are scheduled at Mariucci.

JWHL Schedule
                          Last edited by Iceburg; 09-07-2016, 05:52 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                            In the badger thread Tim admitted he is trying to start a fight. I guess there isn't enough animosity on the boards. Thats rushing the season as the vitriol will flow naturally soon enough.
                            I don't want to start a fight, just trying to get a little rise out of the eastern folks. I will admit I am rushing the season.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                              I think I have it right that you are a Clarkson fan. If so they have earned some respect with their title. I also was really impressed with how they came out and attacked BC in last years semi-final.
                              Everyone will find out what Clarkson's got in the tank 10/14 & 10/15. I'm very looking forward to that series. I'm hoping there will be a way for me to see a game or two on the interweb.

Comment

If IN Vegas don't bother trying to bet on the women's Frozen Four final at the Monte Carlo...tried to place a bet on UM/BC and was told "we don't do women's hockey here". Oh well, probably for the better anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X