Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    It's 59F in Minneapolis right now. Tomorrow's prediction for this same hour is 19F and lots of wind. This will be...something.
    We are supposed to get that crap by the weekend. It was sunny and 40s today, great working on lighting on south side of building.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Ten days ago it was 74 degrees F in Bismarck, ND.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        Pretty sure mine is a 22" Airens.

Bought it in '10 or so when we moved to a new house coz I couldn't just borrow the neighbor's anymore when we got dumped on.

Light snows I don't even bother as I can shovel pretty quick, but when we get dumped on...

Worth.

Every.

Penny.

About $700 iirc
        Ditto on the Ariens. Got mine New Years Eve a couple years ago. 4 days later we got about 20”. I think I spent about $500 on mine. Also bought the electric start, because I do NOT have a sense of humor when it’s 10 degrees out and I have to pull on the **** thing to start it.
        Last edited by Hammer; 12-04-2017, 04:03 PM.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
          Which county, Gurth?

Green. Between my house and the Illinois border.

Actual trout streams are closed until 1/7, but there is a fair amount of unclassified water south of me and some of it holds trout.

And smallies, channels, walleye and northern.

I (trout) fish up your way a little sometimes - in the Baraboo Ridge and also southwest of you.
          Last edited by Gurtholfin; 12-04-2017, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            Ditto on the Ariens. Got mine New Years Eve a couple years ago. 4 days later we got about 20”. I think I spent about $500 on mine. Also bought the electric start, because I do NOT have a sense of humor when it’s 10 degrees out and I have to pull on the **** thing to start it.

Oh yeah... electric starter is key.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
              Pretty sure mine is a 22" Airens.

Bought it in '10 or so when we moved to a new house coz I couldn't just borrow the neighbor's anymore when we got dumped on.

Light snows I don't even bother as I can shovel pretty quick, but when we get dumped on...

Worth.

Every.

Penny.

About $700 iirc
              Agreed. I researched blowers and Ariens is top shelf. I just purchased the Ariens 30 SHO Platinum.
              sigpic

Comment

I prefer Toro.

Definitely went with the two stage though. Didn’t want to **** around when I needed it.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                  Agreed. Bought my house in January 2009, and I live on a corner. Had an Ariens delivered that day. I only use the electric start once or twice a year, but it's worth it for those days. The snowblower itself was worth it just for the time we got 2 feet of heavy snow in 24 hours.

on a related note, it was 60+ degrees today.

Comment

I'm a shoveler. Just don't have that much area to clear, and I don't feel like hauling a blower up and down the steps for the front sidewalk. I'm also far too sedentary with my job, and I don't want to pay someone to lift heavy things. Yard work and snow shoveling are my "workouts."
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                      I'm a shoveler. Just don't have that much area to clear, and I don't feel like hauling a blower up and down the steps for the front sidewalk. I'm also far too sedentary with my job, and I don't want to pay someone to lift heavy things. Yard work and snow shoveling are my "workouts."
                      I never minded mowing or shoveling. Did I ever look forward to it? Naw. It wasn't a PITA to me, though.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                        I have quite a bit of shoveling but took that approach for years, since I have a sedentary job as well. Seemed the environmentally responsible thing to do too, under the circumstances. Gave in to age, though I still rake and keep the blower in the garage for lighter snows.

Comment

The traffic map for the Twin Cities reads like a circulatory system right now.
                          Code:
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            The traffic map for the Twin Cities reads like a circulatory system right now.
                            All roads lead to dx.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              All roads lead to dx.
                              It's actually impressive. Each level of zoom reveals more and more detailed capillary maps. All solid red.
                              Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                It's actually impressive. Each level of zoom reveals more and more detailed capillary maps. All solid red.
                                That's not circulatory then. You need a blue for every red or you're having a seizure.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X