Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats-The Back Nine and Beyond!

Wow, what a finish...

UML ties it, Eiserman scores a go ahead with 13 seconds remaining. 4-3, UNH wins...

And suddenly 600 seems so close!
    Last edited by Dan; 10-06-2017, 08:33 PM.
    Live Free or Die!!
    Miami University '03

Comment

WHAT A FINISH!!!! That's one for the quest!!!
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

If you were to pick the three forwards most critical to UNH's success on 2017-18 - I'd argue all three scored goals tonight. Vela with two points, including a game-winning assist to off-set his late penalty.

Edit: Vela's assist now credited to Gildon.
        Last edited by Dan; 10-06-2017, 08:40 PM.
        Live Free or Die!!
        Miami University '03

Comment

Caught the last few minutes of the game on the radio. All I can say is.......uhhhhh....what just happened???
          UNH

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
            Caught the last few minutes of the game on the radio. All I can say is.......uhhhhh....what just happened???
            Haha I know right?!? Lots of good stuff out there for an opening night. Scoring 3 even strength goals for one...actually completing break out passes consistently, hope it continues! Should be a slug fest at the 'Whitt Go 'Cats!
            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Still undefeated and tied for first in Hockey East! Great start to the season for our Cats! :-)

No starting a new thread just yet!

Comment

For those who listened and did not watch the game, the biggest change I saw tonight is UNH players actively checking sticks/the puck in the neutral zone. I am so used to watching this team give the opposition the neutral zone and there was very little of that tonight. This type of play lead directly to Cefalu and Nazarian's two goals. Cefalu knocked a puck off a UML stick a mere two steps out of the box creating the turnover leading to his own goal. This team has the speed to make that type of play work so long as there are not a lot of penalties to go with it. In this game I do not believe any of their penalties were stick infractions in the neutral zone (I think they were all in the defensive zone).

So, at least there's something. On to Lake Whitt tomorrow night!

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                  Still undefeated and tied for first in Hockey East! Great start to the season for our Cats! :-)

Give Dick an extension! 😂
                  Originally posted by mookie1995
                  bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                  Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                  Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                    Give Dick an extension! 😂
                    Arrrrgggghhhhh!!! Nooooooo!!!!

But, would be nice if he gets to the NRN, to stick it to all of us naysayers, and to maintain respect from his bud Jerwy.
                    Last edited by Snively65; 10-07-2017, 12:05 PM.

Comment

As *huge* as an opening game win gets, considering the uncertainty, the opposition, the NRN, etc.

Coach says last night was down to the team's leadership. Tirone, Chanter ... Eiserman (GWG)?
                      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post

Kinda like not changing your lucky socks during a winning streak, even when they get really gnarly, right?
                        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                          Kinda like not changing your lucky socks during a winning streak, even when they get really gnarly, right?
                          I am sure that the title of this thread was more than the coaches and players could bear, so they are incentivized. Ditto in Orono All for the moment, anyway.

I got stuck in traffic, so missed getting to Tsongas last night; should be able to make the Whiit tonight, if there are any tickets remaining at the door?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                            I am sure that the title of this thread was more than the coaches and players could bear, so they are incentivized. Ditto in Orono All for the moment, anyway.

I got stuck in traffic, so missed getting to Tsongas last night; should be able to make the Whiit tonight, if there are any tickets remaining at the door?
                            Well sorry about the title...we were in the middle of a golf match ya know I dunno about those tickets Snively...you better come early...! And, you can get one of those nasty 'craft beers'
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Just flipped the game on and shocked to see how empty the Whitt is. Unfortunately it was the same deal at the Alfond this weekend.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                                Just flipped the game on and shocked to see how empty the Whitt is. Unfortunately it was the same deal at the Alfond this weekend.
                                Yeah, it's pretty bad. At least a we know Snively was able to get into the game...

Maass finds Blackburn from behind the net, tied 1-1...
                                Last edited by Dan; 10-07-2017, 06:53 PM.
                                Live Free or Die!!
                                Miami University '03

Comment

Working...
                                X