Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016-2017 WCHA Season Thread

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    But you have to admit, at that point, UAH was happy just to be in some kind of standings after their years of independance.
    Yes. That's not the case now. It would all start with a win on Saturday, which puts UAH at the top of its league standings for probably the first time ever in Division I.

[Cue UAHstatman to figure out if that's happened before.]

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Why is Ferris opening with league games and not even an exhibition, nor a scrimmage? I guess UAH could be considered scrimmage material, but it still doesn't make much sense.

Tech is opening w/o an exhibition nor scrimmage this year, too, and they're opening at UMD, an even tougher opponent. What are thinking?
      CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Dream No. 2 View Post
        Why is Ferris opening with league games and not even an exhibition, nor a scrimmage? I guess UAH could be considered scrimmage material, but it still doesn't make much sense.

Tech is opening w/o an exhibition nor scrimmage this year, too, and they're opening at UMD, an even tougher opponent. What are thinking?
        They're both thinking that since they aren't fully committed financially to playing division 1 hockey that they'll save money in any way they can. Not playing exhibitions = an extra buck three eighty in the bank.

Comment

Tech didn't play an exhibition or scrimmage 2 years ago, and instead opened up the season on the road at Lake State the first weekend of October. We ended up starting on a school record 10-0 run, and making the NCAAs for the first time in 34 years.

Last year, we gave up a home game to play Laurentian twice in two meaningless blowouts...and barely missed the NCAAs.

I'm hardly expecting a repeat of the 2014 start, but I'll take our chances playing games that count.

Comment

I heard that it has to do with the new playoff schedule and NCAA tourney so Ferris v. UAH was moved to other weekend (first was only open dates).

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
              They're both thinking that since they aren't fully committed financially to playing division 1 hockey that they'll save money in any way they can. Not playing exhibitions = an extra buck three eighty in the bank.
              Ferris/UAH got moved because of playoff related schedule compacting. Michigan Tech has 38 games on the schedule this year, including 24 by the time they finish the GLI. They play 24 games away from home and 14 at home. They have 10 games in October. Where would you like them to squeeze in an exhibition game? Yeah, they should have turned down the contract with Duluth to play Laurentian. Brilliant.
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Inside the WCHA webisode (1st episode for 16-17):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mIwvBhz6og
                Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                  Inside the WCHA webisode (1st episode for 16-17):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mIwvBhz6og
                  Man that guy's hair !
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    Man that guy's hair !
                    What is with the shorts?? Put on some **** pants.
                    CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                      Ferris/UAH got moved because of playoff related schedule compacting. Michigan Tech has 38 games on the schedule this year, including 24 by the time they finish the GLI. They play 24 games away from home and 14 at home. They have 10 games in October. Where would you like them to squeeze in an exhibition game? Yeah, they should have turned down the contract with Duluth to play Laurentian. Brilliant.
                      Not to mention, the way the PWR work, this type of schedule is beneficial. The more non-con games you have, the more chances you have to get QWB, and improve PWR. It is a bold strategy that may, or may not pay off. But, IMO, it is a much better plan than wasting potential PWR improvement opportunities and scheduling a Canadian exhibition game instead. We already did the number for last year. If, instead of scheduling a 2 game exhibition series, Tech would have scheduled a non-conference series, and won, even against a bad team, they would have been in the tourney.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

What is with the shorts?? Put on some **** pants.
                        In Minnesota, if you get a chance to put on shorts, you put on shorts. Your next chance may not come for years.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                          In Minnesota, if you get a chance to put on shorts, you put on shorts. Your next chance may not come for years.
                          If you can't see your breath, you can wear shorts.
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                            If you can't see your breath, you can wear shorts.
                            I was in the Scottish Islands a couple of years ago in May. it was maybe 50, for a high temp. The guys there were playing golf in shorts.

Any BG guys want to comment on the news from today?
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I was in the Scottish Islands a couple of years ago in May. it was maybe 50, for a high temp. The guys there were playing golf in shorts.

Any BG guys want to comment on the news from today?
                              Can't comment just yet. Keyboard wet from crying. Fingers keep slipping off.

Comment

You should see what Scotsmen in Alaska wear in the winter.

Comment

Working...
                                X