Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ohio State Buckeyes 2017-2018 ... Home Playoffs This Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2017-2018 ... Home Playoffs This Season?

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
    She will be signing with the Philadelphia Flyers and will be their starter next year!
    There were some nights this season where I was hoping maybe the Blue Jackets would give Kass a look!

Comment

• Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
      There were some nights this season where I was hoping maybe the Blue Jackets would give Kass a look!
      Coulda used Emma Maltais last night, maybe some Jincy Dunne too.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
        Not gloating. I believe that over the last couple of decades, no program has had more high-profile players leave while they still had eligibility remaining than Minnesota: Schmidgall, Wendell, Darwitz, Wall, the Lams -- all Olympians. Each person has her own reasons why a school or team is no longer a good fit. If the player doesn't want to be there anymore, no matter how talented she is, then you are better off with someone who does. It's worked out okay for Minnesota over the years. I think OSU will be okay, too. The good news is that you only were going to have one more year of Sauve in any case. The next goalie's "time" just arrives one year sooner than we thought.
        Well, shoot, ARM, looking at that list, yeah, you certainly have us beat regarding high profile players leaving. With six National Titles, yeah, I think it worked out just fine for the Gophers. I think we will be fine, too, and you are correct that we were only going to have Kassidy for one more season anyway. It's Amanda Zeglen's time now, and I think we will be fine in net. Plus, with the scoring we have coming back, Amanda should get plenty of goal support.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
          Coulda used Emma Maltais last night, maybe some Jincy Dunne too.
          I would have swapped our whole team for the Jackets last night. Our girls played with heart all season long. The CBJ didn't have any heart last night. They laid an absolute egg last night in a game where they had a shot at putting a stranglehold on that series.

Comment

I would have swapped our whole team for the Jackets last night. Our girls played with heart all season long. The CBJ didn't have any heart last night. They laid an absolute egg last night in a game where they had a shot at putting a stranglehold on that series.
            Haha, very well put. Last night was not good. Of course I’m still optimistic this is the year CBJ finally wins a series.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
              . . . With six National Titles, . . .
              7 but who's counting?

Comment

Haha, very well put. Last night was not good. Of course I’m still optimistic this is the year CBJ finally wins a series.
                I am not exactly optimistic about the CBJ getting out of this series. I was after the first three games, but now that it is back to being tied after four, not to mention the inexcusable performance in game four, I don't see the CBJ winning two of the next three vs a Washington team that has figured out how to shut the Jackets down. We'll see what happens today. If the CBJ does not get out of the first round (again), might be time to retool this team, and by that, I mean make some changes, both players and possibly assistant coaches. I don't think they need to gut the team and start over, but it's fairly obvious that what they have been doing has not been working, at least when it comes to getting out of the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                  7 but who's counting?
                  Haha, yeah, I obviously wasn't counting, at least not correctly!

Comment

I am not exactly optimistic about the CBJ getting out of this series. I was after the first three games, but now that it is back to being tied after four, not to mention the inexcusable performance in game four, I don't see the CBJ winning two of the next three vs a Washington team that has figured out how to shut the Jackets down. We'll see what happens today. If the CBJ does not get out of the first round (again), might be time to retool this team, and by that, I mean make some changes, both players and possibly assistant coaches. I don't think they need to gut the team and start over, but it's fairly obvious that what they have been doing has not been working, at least when it comes to getting out of the first round.
                    My understanding is that there’s not much retooling they can do due to some of the big contracts and no move clauses being on old crusty underperforming vets, so I think they have to win with what they have, but I am no expert on the NHL.

We will see. Some of my optimism is because it’s what I want to see, but I also don’t see Washington winning four straight, so they’ll need a game 7 and Washington is terrible at game 7s right? Maybe Holtby implodes, or Wilson takes enough dumb penalties....

Between Panarin, Jones, and Werenski and maybe something timely out of the other guys I’m hoping that’s enough offense to get us through, but it’s not going to be easy. But let’s hope!

Comment

My understanding is that there’s not much retooling they can do due to some of the big contracts and no move clauses being on old crusty underperforming vets, so I think they have to win with what they have, but I am no expert on the NHL.

We will see. Some of my optimism is because it’s what I want to see, but I also don’t see Washington winning four straight, so they’ll need a game 7 and Washington is terrible at game 7s right? Maybe Holtby implodes, or Wilson takes enough dumb penalties....

Between Panarin, Jones, and Werenski and maybe something timely out of the other guys I’m hoping that’s enough offense to get us through, but it’s not going to be easy. But let’s hope!
                      I didn't want to continue to discuss this because this is a college women's hockey forum, but since the college season is over, not to mention this is last season's thread, I will respond. I really would like to see the Jackets get out of the first round. The problem is the CBJ only has one legit star player (Panarin) and Washington has taken him away, so it is up to other guys to step up. There have been a couple guys step up, but unfortunately, not enough guys have stepped up. That is evident in the fact that the CBJ have lost three games in a row in this thing. Washington adjusted and took Panarin away and we haven't won since. Honestly, this shouldn't surprise anyone because the CBJ don't have the personnel to win a series in the NHL Playoffs. The CBJ have one legit star player along with a bunch of grinders. Grinders don't win Cups, teams with star players (like Pittsburgh) win Cups. Maybe the Jackets will prove me wrong, but I doubt it. And you are probably correct regarding the retooling because they do have a bunch of guys locked into some big contracts. With the down season many of them have had, it would be next to impossible to get anyone to take them off our hands. We'll see what happens. I'm thinking the Jackets will be out golfing next weekend.

Comment

I'm thinking the Jackets will be out golfing next weekend.
                        Sadness. You were right about it all. Back to college hockey.

Comment

Sadness. You were right about it all. Back to college hockey.
                          I wanted to be wrong, but unfortunately, the Jackets just do not have the skill necessary to win a playoff series. I lost count of how many times I heard the radio or tv guys say "Missed the net." You HAVE to hit the net. Also, it's tough to win a series when you're 0 for your last 17 on the power play. Really, the first change that needs to be made is the CBJ need to fire whoever is in charge of the power play. 0-for-17, that is inexcusable. Thank God Barry Trotz decided to start Grubauer in net those first two games. Otherwise, we may have gotten swept. Some are going to blame Tortorella, but you can't blame Tortorella when the front office hasn't provided Tortorella with the personnel he needs to get out of the first round. I need to just cut myself off because I am ****ed right now. My hockey season is officially over now ... Buckeye Women, Buckeye Men, and now Blue Jackets ... and still Title-less ... well, unless I count the Cleveland Monsters winning that Calder Cup two years ago. That was pretty cool. 19K+ at Quicken Loans Arena to watch the Monsters beat Hershey 1-0 in 2OT to win the Calder Cup and we were part of that record crowd. Well, that is enough. Five more months until my OSU Women start again! Let the countdown begin! Take care Lindsay!

Comment

I wanted to be wrong, but unfortunately, the Jackets just do not have the skill necessary to win a playoff series. I lost count of how many times I heard the radio or tv guys say "Missed the net." You HAVE to hit the net. Also, it's tough to win a series when you're 0 for your last 17 on the power play. Really, the first change that needs to be made is the CBJ need to fire whoever is in charge of the power play. 0-for-17, that is inexcusable. Thank God Barry Trotz decided to start Grubauer in net those first two games. Otherwise, we may have gotten swept. Some are going to blame Tortorella, but you can't blame Tortorella when the front office hasn't provided Tortorella with the personnel he needs to get out of the first round. I need to just cut myself off because I am ****ed right now. My hockey season is officially over now ... Buckeye Women, Buckeye Men, and now Blue Jackets ... and still Title-less ... well, unless I count the Cleveland Monsters winning that Calder Cup two years ago. That was pretty cool. 19K+ at Quicken Loans Arena to watch the Monsters beat Hershey 1-0 in 2OT to win the Calder Cup and we were part of that record crowd. Well, that is enough. Five more months until my OSU Women start again! Let the countdown begin! Take care Lindsay!
                            And the Caps went an incredible 9 for 27 on the power play on the series. Yikes. Onward, and take care to you as well.

Comment

What’s the latest with Sauve? Is it a done deal? I also saw that Cory is out in an earlier post. That would leave the Buckeyes down to two goalies. Is there another one coming in? There are no goaltenders on the commitment list for next year that I saw.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                                What’s the latest with Sauve? Is it a done deal? I also saw that Cory is out in an earlier post. That would leave the Buckeyes down to two goalies. Is there another one coming in? There are no goaltenders on the commitment list for next year that I saw.
                                From the Clarkson Hockey Roundtable Rumor mill: A co-worker was up at campus last weekend and spoke to someone "in the know" about next season. She reported that two hockey players are transferring in with one being the goalie from Ohio State. The other, whose name she couldn't remember, is a very talented player from our Connecticut rival Quinnipiac.

The person reporting other goings on in the past has been spot on.
                                Last edited by vicb; 05-09-2018, 05:38 PM.
                                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Working...
                                X